Home U.S. Coin Forum

I think every user of the board should join PCGS Collector's Club.

2»

Comments

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just thinned out my office - lot's of vouchers never used for grading - clearly supporting PCGS! :D

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny, I was thinking that there should be some rewards for surviving on this forum. A complimentary grading or a cool storage box.
    It’s been mentioned that pcgs gets major benefits for all our knowledge being given freely as well as a running commentary on a vast number of relevant issues. Congratulations to pcgs for providing the forum but major congratulations to the members who make it happen. 👍🏼

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Funny, I was thinking that there should be some rewards for surviving on this forum. A complimentary grading or a cool storage box.
    It’s been mentioned that pcgs gets major benefits for all our knowledge being given freely as well as a running commentary on a vast number of relevant issues. Congratulations to pcgs for providing the forum but major congratulations to the members who make it happen. 👍🏼

Well, there is running commentary on a vast number of issues... I suppose it is mostly relevant. 😉

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm letting mine expire.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RYK said:
    I think that asking forum members to support our host is appropriate. The way they choose to support PCGS is up to the individual.

I agree with myself from 13 years ago. B)

Interesting read from the original op to all the replies from 2009 and seems not much has changed. A large amount didn’t approve of charging then and some felt perhaps they contribute alot of time and knowledge .
    Here we are 13 years later mostly thinking no way should we pay. If you’ve got the time give it a read from the top. Number of people are just the same then as now😄. Good to see 👍🏼

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Sorry for "resurrecting" an old thread, @Catbert. Some people criticize creating new threads when the old one has the context of their question."

Criticized for starting a thread that was already posted a decade ago?
    I can't agree with that,

Was this the only thread on the topic to show up on your search or just the oldest?

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Geezo! What a great way to ruin this forum.

Oh Alex. This won’t ruin the forum. This is standard operating procedure. Politics and trolls can’t ruin it just little bumps in the road.
    Thanks

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Round two,... same as round one.... Except Valentine's Day is next week.... :D;) Cheers, RickO

• pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rooksmith said:
    Sorry for "resurrecting" an old thread, @Catbert. Some people criticize creating new threads when the old one has the context of their question.

I was trying to find out whether its still a reasonable deal, [ apparently NOT, from what I'm hearing. ] IMHO Maybe PCGS needs to lower their prices or try some sort of newcomer specials?

Let me ask you something. If you had a product where you couldn’t keep up with demand, would you lower prices?

I didn’t think so.

The law of economics says they should RAISE prices to lower demand. Thank goodness they aren’t doing that.

• fathomfathom Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

They would not get away too easily with raising prices now.

The backlog is costing submitters, especially dealers money.

I would not be in favor of requiring membership. Let as many scholars or knowledgeable people post. It's good for the board.....and marketplace.

• Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Round two,... same as round one.... Except Valentine's Day is next week.... :D;) Cheers, RickO

I started early so I’m in the doghouse already. Now I don’t need to go get anything…. Maybe a coin will ease my pain. 😂

Hoard the keys.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file