Home Metal Detecting

Got the GOLD fever :-|

I went out to "G" man's old stomping grounds. GPAA site in Mojave. Got the GOLD fever :-|

Got a used "151" Keene dry washer, and got a LITTLE color ;-)

Road to the top

:-| Local Boot Hill

8 AM--Just getting up

He can see it

Butch with the pan work

FUN FUN FUN

Jerry
CROCK of COINS
imageimage

Comments

• guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭

great pics, but where's the "little" color? image

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.

• << <i>great pics, but where's the "little" color? image >>

I did say LITTLE ;-)
    Along the bottom edge can be seen two little flakes.
    The bottle also has gold dust/flour type mixed with some dirt. When I get enough I will learn to clean up better. ;-)
    Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • That's definitely looks familiar Jerry. This is about the only time of the year out there when it isn't 4,000 degrees or near zero.

Looks like you had fun. Any gold is nice. image

G.
    imageimageimage
  • adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    Looks like you were having a Big Breakfast in the Desert.

I've done that too. Our group was smaller than yours.

The Flavor Master 7000

Gotta love the Great Basin Deserts! Though i've never done anything resembling mining out there.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold panning is great fun.... I have panned in Texas, California, Arizona, New Zealand and Washington State..... couple nice nuggets... mostly dust. Cheers, RickO
  • Was this up near Goler Gulch or Dove Springs in the Randsburg/Red Rock area?

You should have stopped by and said hello!

• << <i>Was this up near Goler Gulch or Dove Springs in the Randsburg/Red Rock area? >>

That's my guess too Danny.

G.
    imageimageimage

• << <i>Was this up near Goler Gulch or Dove Springs in the Randsburg/Red Rock area?

You should have stopped by and said hello! >>

I'm thinking its Goler Gulch. There is a GPAA claim there and it is in the hills towards Randsburg. The GPAA Dove Springs claim is in a more remote area out in Red Rock Canyon and usually needs a 4WD to get to. Dove Springs has gold bearing quartz whereas Goler Gulch is more placer gold in ancient streambeds.

I spent an entire day at DS once and broke a lot of quartz but never found gold. When I went to Goler Gulch it turned out to be too hot and I lost interest in looking once the temps hit 110
  • A former co-worker there at site 7 was a GPAA member and Goler Gulch in Randsburg was where they hunted regularly. I drove out that way with him once.

G.
    imageimageimage
  • It was Benson Gulch. All in the same area.
    I don't know when the next trip will be...Soon I hope :-)

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the desert in the winter. We go out as much as possible .Mostly crystals and arrowhead pieces and bits.
    No desert gold yet! BTW I found a old abandend "boot hill" near an old timber mill in some mountians which
    I need to return to photo someday. Its a rough two day hike as the old logging was is all gulled out after
    about 80-90 years of non-use. Impassable even on my ball buster bushwack'n open class dirt bike
    with ultra low gearing.

Oh here is some color from stream dredging in California

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • NICE ! ! ! image
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • I looks like you should have bough the metal detector also