Home Precious Metals
Options

Found PM's Today

In Jewlery form. I found 3 Necklaces in a car I purchased today. 2 are marked Sterling 925 and the other 14K but its silver in color also, White gold maybe? It was tangled up and had some dried up Gum or something on it. Fixing to clean them up, Will post pics, maybe someone could tell me if its real 14K WG? & its value if any.
Its all relative

Comments

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my experience, it's pretty easy to tell if something is real or not. Markings are important, but so is feel, color, construction, and general look. Post pics, especially of the clasp.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    To most that's probably true but i've never even owned a piece of jewlery. Only the stuff I get for my girl and I only see the bill for that.

It does look a lot different composition wise from the silver necklaces and is a bit hefty in comparison. Pics coming up.
    Its all relative
  • Options
    I know the Silver is legit, The one that says 14K has got me. If its real, Hopefully its worth enough to pay for the car I bought:
    Its all relative
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's strange that they'd all be essentially the same style. It's probably worth testing. If it's real it's 58.3% pure, so weigh it, divide it by 2 and you'll know what it's potentially worth.

Might sell for more than melt on eBay.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    take it to a local B&M store and have them test it for you. Then put it on ebay or just sell it to them if their offer is fair.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mail it to those "Cash for Gold" guys. image
  • Options
    haha image

Its all relative
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They look right in the pictures...
  • Options
    Send it to Gecko and have him make you some little bars out of it! image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?