Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Bought a little gold today

The selection on gold pandas was less than impressive today at my local show. I was however able to aquire 3 more pieces to add to my growing (and very ambitious) complete date/size gold panda "regular issued" set. The '83 1/2 oz is a nice little semi-key, but the other 2 are fairly common coins. Very reasonable premiums too! I paid just 6% above melt on the group, thats a deal I can live with any day of the week!!!

Comments

• Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Nice Pandas. Want some 86P piecesimage
  • Options

<< <i>Nice Pandas. Want some 86P piecesimage >>

I dont collect the proofs (yet). I have too much on my plate with the UNCs yet to even start thinking about proof coins!!!
  • Options
    you have to love the panda designs. nice gold. image
  • Options
    zeebobzeebob Posts: 2,825
    Is the one on the bottom right the 2009 design?
  • Options

<< <i>Is the one on the bottom right the 2009 design? >>

Affirmative. (not too crazy about the double panda designs that have been plaguing these coins for the past 6 years though)
  • Options
    zeebobzeebob Posts: 2,825

<< <i>

Affirmative. (not too crazy about the double panda designs that have been plaguing these coins for the past 6 years though) >>

I gotta git me one of those. Sorry you're not a fan of the double panda, but I am. (My 3-year old likes the Kungfu Panda movies, I'm slowly beginning a slide toward Panda collecting). Too bad Gold is so darn pricey.
  • Options
    Bob, I dont see gold as pricey at all. If you look at it from the angle of simply "transferring funds to a different account", the pill is much easier to swallow. X-box is pricey...Coach handbags are pricey....designer clothes are pricey....you will never even recover 1/3rd of your outlay on those purchases. However, when I go out and "spend" 2 or 3 large on some nice gold coins, I view it as not "spending" at all. More like im just transferring my funds from paper into metal. I can always sell these things for pretty darn close to what I paid if a real emergency does pop up. All a matter of perspective I suppose.image
  • Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508

<< <i>

Affirmative. (not too crazy about the double panda designs that have been plaguing these coins for the past 6 years though) >>

The pandas aside, I love the detailing on the bamboo forest behind them. Nice striking detail!

great coins!