Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

ATTENTION: 30AnvZ28, *Edit* See my "closure" post Pg 6. I hereby ask SM-1 to lock it down

13»

Comments

• Options

<< <i>No dog in this fight, but I wanted to get ONE HUNDRED (100) in image >>

If the ONE HUNDRED is for the PFT, then you fail, since a perfect score is 300
      100 for Three Mile Run in 18 minutes (or less)
      100 for 80 (bent kneed) Sit-Ups in 2 minutes (or less)
      100 for 20 pull ups (no time limit)
    During Boot Camp, the three miles are run in Combat Boots, as well as the Five Mile Endurence Run, (except for female Marines, who could wear sneakers). This was back in 1978, so it might have changed since then.

For Sit-Ups, the first 60 count one point each, the final 20 count 2 points each, and none count if your chin doesn't break the plane of your knees. I think female Marines had the same requirement here, but women are (generally) proportionally shorter from the waist up, so that might be the reason.

You could also choose either to perform Pull-Ups or Chin-Ups, but twenty is difficult either way. I believe female Marines had a different requirement on this third part of the PFT, but I can't remember what is was/is. I think it involved holding the chin above the bar for a designated period of time.
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    IloiloKano, I believe Bochiman was referring to the 100th reply.

But IMO, all that participate in these swaps have a 'dog in this fight'.
    Whether we decide to help out the one done wrong, or we have second thoughts about making a large swap, or we are just plain disappointed.....as long as you are in some way effected, you have a dog in the fight.
    This is not about a swap that was not made, or a swap that was unacceptable to one party and was voided, and coin returned.
    This is about one person taking the other's property & never capitulating, nor returning the coins.
    Unless there is something I'm missing, this.....up to this point, is stealing.
    Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

JMHO
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) I don't do the swaps, hence, no dog in the fight.
    2) It is already quite the pile-on, so no need for me to join in
    3) I could care less about the PFT.....I did enough of those things when I was in and, while I never "maxed" it, I also didn't care to. I was quite happy getting close enough to the max, and not the min, but far enough from it, to keep my drills and squad leaders happy and focused elsewhere image ....though, looking at what was posted, I more than "maxed" those while I was at the USMA Prep...nothing to brag about as most of us there could do it.
    ....but, thanks for trying to school me on it (sorry, but I often find threads that go on like this get quite testosterone laden and I just back away from them as I could care less "who's is bigger" image )

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    One rotten apple is NOT going to stop this otherwise tightly knit group from enjoying this hobby --- TOGETHER!

Life has a way of evening things up. Call it Kharma or whatever you so choose but, in time ... he WILL BE repaid.....
    several times over!

I'm SURE of it! image

I really like Hilton Head - GREAT GOLF COURSES, Beaches and GREAT LOOKING LADIES!

Matter of fact, I'm GOING to South Carolina soon and can't wait to stop by and pay him a visit.

I just can't WAIT to see this Camaro he's so proud of. image

Oh & let's not forget .... he owes me what's left of his collection but let's face it -
    he DOESN'T HAVE ANY COINS.

GOMER BENNETT, USMC FLUNKIE.image Bwahahahaha. imageimageimage

Hell. I NEED a GOOD LAUGH! image
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If the ONE HUNDRED is for the PFT, then you fail, since a perfect score is 300 >>

same as in bowling, I don't think I'd come close in either....
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options

<< <i>VMFA-312, MAG31, MCAS Beaufort, SC...

... not to mention his membership in the Pork Chop Platoon.

I think I now know why he left the Marine Corps.

What's the matter Bennett?

Couldn't pass the PFT??? >>

You got everything right except the PCP. At 5'7 and 145lbs, I barely made the minimum weight for my height. Might want to do some more research.

Not to mention... our squadron never had pcp... we were the air wing.
  • Options
    Also... hey Boom... want to know how to get ahold of me? ****ING call me at 843-441-3271... like Ive told you before a million times.

Want to mail me something?

William J Bennett
    P.O. Box 21098
    Hilton Head Island, SC 29925

Want to visit me?

William J Bennett
    3715 Argent Blvd, E01
    Ridgeland, SC 29936

Want to see my precious Camaro?

3715 Argent Blvd, C13
    Ridgeland, SC 29936

Want to call the local sheriff?

Jasper County Sheriffs Office 843-726-7777

You have had all of this information all along... so quit sitting here acting like you have no idea how to get ahold of me... and to make it known... Ive decided to release all of the information to everyone... that way you cant sit back in your chair and act like youve done so much to track me down... you and I both know the truth about your attempts to actually contact me. Other then this forum, which I rarely check... YOU HAVENT!!!!!

Want to know why Paul hasnt received his package?

BECAUSE HE NEVER ******* SIGNED FOR IT. THATS RIGHT... IT WAS MAILED ON THE 11TH OF APRIL, NEVER SIGNED FOR. IT WAS RESHIPPED ON THE 4TH OF MAY, AND AFTER 2 ATTEMPTS... STILL HASNT BEEN SIGNED FOR. Call me for the tracking number. Ill be working all night... Quit being a keyboard fighter.
  • Options
    Hmmm... this is interesting... both Boom and Lonelyp have been online, been in this category, and posted in 2 separate threads each.... but no one wants to comment here on this one huh?

Now that Ive had enough of your **** Boom and start calling things like they are you dont want to respond anymore? Come on Boom... stay with me now. Would like to hear a response from you and Paul on this one.
  • Options

<< <i>Thursday April 09, 2009 12:14 PM

Well,

William has come back as you can see by his eariler post. He has told me he is going to make good on the swap.

IF and I'm sorry I do have to stress "IF" he follows thru with what he has PMed me, I'll be happy.
    >>

This was stated by you, on April 9th Paul. I kept my end of the deal that I sent to you in your pm. I dont know why you never signed for the package when it was shipped on the 11th, like I stated, but I do know that you have now received it. I kept up with my end of the deal in the pm I sent to you, back when this thread first started. Its time for you to come forward and put the final nail in this one. I have only sent the tracking number to one person... because he requested it (and hes not involved, so im not sure why, nonetheless... I did).
  • Options
    I find it odd that since I posted everything, Boom, and Lonelyp (which I KNOW has been online as of today) have both avoided this.

I really dont want to drag out things from my pm's Boom, as I have enough ammo from other members reguarding you to ruin your reputation... but if you dont put an end to this public hanging with me... Ill start posting the 6 different messages from 6 different members reguarding BAD swaps with you and Paul (only one was with Paul, but the other 5 were you Boom.).

Both of you need to get here, and put an end to this, espicially since I know he has received his package now.
  • Options
    I did get the package. 30AnvZ28 DID come through with what he told me he would.

I AM WHOLE, AND THIS IS FINALLY DONE.

Paul

(Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • Options
    The package wasnt damaged was it? You did get the "extra" that I put in correct?

Thanks for the update. People have been accusing me again of not shipping it.
  • Options

<< <i>The package wasnt damaged was it? You did get the "extra" that I put in correct?

Thanks for the update. People have been accusing me again of not shipping it. >>

Yes I did get the extra. Thankyou.

I also want to say, I have don't know anything about a delivery attempt in April. No door tags were found, no sign of any delivery that wasn't left at my door.

Paul
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

• Options
    I dont know about that one either. I shipped it, I had the tracking number, but was never around a computer (also why my absense on the boards during those couple weeks). So I couldnt even check the status until it was returned. Maybe I screwed something up, I dont know. I just thought the same thing happened again when this one wasnt delivered the first 2 days... and was starting to get really mad.

Either way... like Ive said all along... this was completly my fault. I know it doesnt make sense, and I cant sit here and explain WHY I was in a different state then my coins, and WHY I couldnt take them with me... if you guys knew my situation... you would understand. The bottom line however... is it should have NEVER taken this long... and I have never denied that all along this... you can even agree with me on that stance. Either way... as long as your HAPPY with the delivery, thats what I want... to put you whole, and an end to this.

On a side note... Boom... please pm me, or call me... as I do have some things that you need to be aware of. I am not going to post them... but get ahold of me if your interested in knowing what I was told.
  • Options

<< <i>I just thought the same thing happened again when this one wasnt delivered the first 2 days... and was starting to get really mad.
    >>

Just so you know,
    Wed, they(fedex) came after I left for work. Thurs, I was home, and can't say why I missed him. Except the guy knocks like a image. Fri, I put out a sign asking him to knock LOUAD. And only just heard him.

• Options
    Thats cool. I just was looking at the tracking info and seriously wondering wtf was going on.
  • Options
    Good to hear this reached a favorable conclusion
  • Options
    I am happy to hereby publicly declare that to the best of my knowledge Paul (lonelyp) has been made whole by 30AnvZ28.

It would seem that we may now put this to rest ... HOWEVER, there is ONE MORE piece of unfinished business!

In a previous post, William stated, " Actually... on second thought... pm me your address Boom. Ill send you my collection so you can shove it up your ass, and/or dispurse it through giveaways in the forums. Might as well give back to the community that I so screwed right? Just say the word buddy and its all yours... whats left of it. "

This is copied and pasted, word for word. As such, since William has so publicly stated the aforementioned .... instead of wasting any and all such coins in the manner so described, I have a far better idea and use for the coins, provided of course William makes good on his own words.

Rather than wasting them, trying to insert them in a crummy part of my anatomy - I suggest that you DO send the coins ... to me BUT ...................

Since YOU SO OFFERED - Since you state that you will send them to me to "disperse with through Giveaways in the forums ... for me to just say the word and it's all mine ... what's left of it" ... I, BOOM, hereby publicly state that SHOULD you wish to do as you state - then you send them to me and I in turn will donate ALL OF THEM to airplanenut, to be used in his next Charity Auction - IN YOUR NAME ..."Donated by W. Bennett (30AnvZ28) with ALL proceeds made in YOUR NAME going to airplanenut's Pancreatic Cancer Research Charity Auction".

So it is written - so let it be done.

Pending but NOT CONTINGENT UPON the aforementioned, this epic and woefully sad event is NOW deemed - Officially "Finished Business."

I wish you, William, all the best and await delivery of the coins described herein.

Thank you for stepping up and closing this. I appreciate your doing so.

Regards,

BOOM ~
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭

TC71

• Options
    This feud has been going on longer than I've been a member of CU, and I for one, am glad it is no longer going to be at the top of the Coin Swaps, Tags, & Giveaway forum.

Edit to add: Boom, thats a good idea for the collection (if recieved) donated for airplanenuts Pancreatic Cancer Research Charity Auction.
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    Great Idea Boom .

Also glad to hear that Paul was taken care of after all this time . Better late than never i guess.

JP
  • Options
    Actually, I have mixed emotions here.

I take no pleasure in any of it.

I don't particularly like seeing anyone hurt.

I don't want 30AnvZ28's coins and I certainly DO NOT
    want to see this self-imposed "departure" from the Hobby
    BUT if he insists ... rather than give the coins to me, I think
    they would serve a much better purpose donated to airplanenut's
    most worthy Charity ... IN Mr. Bennett's Name - NOT MINE!

I dislike having seen any & all of this transpire. (except for lonelyp made whole)!

Hopefully Good will somehow come from all of this.

• Options
    Boom,

While I do still have my coins, It is not what I wish to do as in leaving the hobby... it is that I cant seem to grasp the hobby. No matter how much Ive tried, I still cant even tell the difference between a cleaned coin, and an uncleaned coin... dispite trying and reading, looking at pictures, etc. Everything in my collection was parted with to a good friends father, as he made me an offer on the entire collection... having no clue I was in the decision process about leaving the hobby. I have 2 gold coins that remain still. I do not have an address for you... but I have a feeling as though I was taken advantage of, and possibly the coins may be counterfeit. I havent really had the guts to find out... because I wasnt sure If I wanted to take another dissapointment in the hobby.

Also, Boom, you really should send me a pm, as I feel you MIGHT possibly still have some unfinished business... Im not trying to get in the middle... however I only have one side of the story. Again... Im not trying to get in the middle.
  • Options
    **Pm sent!**

Once again, particulary with this latest post, this NOW is Officially deemed - FINISHED BUSINESS!

30AnvZ28 has MORE than compensated in holding up his end and his Name as a member cleared.

I and both parties know of the "extra" that was sent, which I find to be quite Noble, indeed!

With this post comes the official closure to this swap but airplanenut, I WILL STILL have something

for you, regardless.

Thank you.

As far as I am concerned this is now CLOSED!
  • Options

<< <i>**Pm sent!**

Once again, particulary with this latest post, this NOW is Officially deemed - FINISHED BUSINESS!

30AnvZ28 has MORE than compensated in holding up his end and his Name as a member cleared.

I and both parties know of the "extra" that was sent, which I find to be quite Noble, indeed!

With this post comes the official closure to this swap but airplanenut, I WILL STILL have something

for you, regardless.

Thank you.

As far as I am concerned this is now CLOSED! >>

Thanks for the pm Boom... im sure IF there is a problem, it will be solved. As far as the extra... It was what I felt I needed to do to "repay" the debt to him.
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Saturday February 14, 2009 10:30 AM
    Personally I think this is a lost cause.....but would welcome Billy proving me wrong.

Friday May 01, 2009 6:36 AM
    In all seriousness, come on Billy (if you're still around) put all your differences aside with me & any other member here and make it right with Paul. You don't have to give all your coins away (IMO) and leave numismatics, we're not an angry mob wanting to lynch you. What we really are (again, IMO) is a group that wants to see Paul 'made whole'.......by you.

Well, you did prove me wrong. image
    And I stand corrected.

It took some time, obviously too much time IMO, but Mr. Bennett finished what he started.

William, whether you stay in the hobby or not is entirely your decision, this is not for anyone here to deside for you.

But if I was to make a couple of suggestions, they would be these:
    1) If you were to think of ever participating again, be sure you have the time to complete swaps, trades &/or tags.
    I can understand when 'things' come up.....life often throws us a wild pitch, but emails explaining things only takes a few minutes. Computers are all over the place, from home to work to the library, there is someplace.
    RULE #1-Communicate. Sounds so simple, but it's really not. There is some effort in doing it. I know I do do it as much as I should.

2) If you feel you can't get a grasp of cleaned & messed with coins vs. original coins.....welcome to the club! I have problems knowing MS from AU Peace dollars & Franklin halves!
    I've had my share of BB for Cleaned/Altered Surface/Questionable Color.
    Either buy slabbed, or collect raw for the enjoyment & beauty of the coin, not whether they grade or not.

Time to put this behind us & move forward.

Again, I am happy to be proven wrong, Mr. Bennett did come through.

Now on with the Memorial Day swap!! image

• Options
    ** ATTN SM-1**

As originator of this thread I hereby respectfully request that you lock this thread FOREVER, as of this post!

Gentlemen, fellow swappers and members, please cease posting to this thread. Let it end here and now.

Thank you,

CASE CLOSED!

Boom - Swap Coordinator.
This discussion has been closed.