Home Precious Metals
Options

Storage of 10 Oz Silver Bars?

I have a couple of these bars, but I do not really know how to store them. Is there any holders you can buy for them? What advice do others have? Thanks. image

Comments

• Options
    If mine aren't in original plastic I have a bunch of diff size zip lock bags I got from Hobby Lobby. I have a false bottom in my gun safe which is lined with silver.
    Its all relative
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    I stick mine in a rubbermaid storage bin with the lockable lid. Throw in a 40 gram silica gel and you are good to go. Intercept Shield makes boxes and bags too but are expensive.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    whats the silica for?
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    Why worry about it? It is only bullion, mine sits in a green monster with other naked bars

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it - Clint Eastwood
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>whats the silica for? >>

They absorb moisture. I use them for my coins and figure why not for my bullion. Can't hurt.image
  • Options

<< <i>Why worry about it? It is only bullion, mine sits in a green monster with other naked bars >>

I have a lot of bars that I consider collectible. Some of them sell for $350/oz. That is not "just Bullion".
    Its all relative
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If mine aren't in original plastic I have a bunch of diff size zip lock bags I got from Hobby Lobby. I have a false bottom in my gun safe which is lined with silver. >>

that is what i did. small zip loc bags. they fit perfectly.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    Cars what silver do you have that is 350 an oz?? Let see pics image
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    PutTogetherPutTogether Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure the 350/oz figure comes from a 1 gram bar that would cost 11 or 12 bucks.

• Options

<< <i>I'm sure the 350/oz figure comes from a 1 gram bar that would cost 11 or 12 bucks. >>

Its all relative
  • Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭
    Almost surprising there aren't the white vault boxes like there are for 1 oz rounds and bars. I could see someone making one that would hold maybe 5?
  • Options
    Just throw them in with your Wive's Sterling Flatware...

The flatware storage boxes are usually lined with Hagerty's Silver cloth.
  • Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭
    Paint them black and use em for doorstops.
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Paint them black and use em for doorstops. >>

10 oz bars as doorstops?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Paint them black and use em for doorstops. >>

10 oz bars as doorstops? >>

Wouldn't get you very far image
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    How about vacuum food storage bags to prevent silver from oxidation.
    Remember, I'm pullen for ya; we're all in this together.---Red Green---