<< <i>Note: Seller doesnt accept refunds. >>

The seller has no choice.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    tombrtombr Posts: 863 ✭✭
    and someone still bought it image
  • Options
  • Options
    Evidently people just want to be scammed. This auction is even worse and someone bid over $5000! Check his feedback.

Another ebay auction
  • Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    I love that the seller claims her pictures are "very good," when they're obviously anything but.

Oh well, you know what P.T. Barnum said...
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Evidently people just want to be scammed. This auction is even worse and someone bid over $5000! Check his feedback.

Another ebay auction >>

HOLY CRAP! And that one is an obvious fake!

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Evidently people just want to be scammed. This auction is even worse and someone bid over $5000! Check his feedback.

Another ebay auction >>

WOW...
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing... simply amazing... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RUN !!!
  • Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    Those are both amazing!

Ed
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

Another ebay auction >>

OMG, surely those are fake bids by people screwing with the seller. I'm not good at spotting fake coins and even I recognize that it's fake

Oh, and I see he already attempted to sell another fake, but it looks like someone headed off his scam. Ebay link

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    The attempt doesnt amaze me. Just their success. You would think someone who has $5000 to drop on a 16-D Dime would have enough sense to know that that is not one. The other coin, a 1916-D with an invisible "D" is a very common variety. We usually refer to them as a 1916-P. I had no idea they were so valuable! Apparantly only her husband can see part of it though. With eyes like his, who needs nic-a-date?
  • Options
    rld14rld14 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭
    6 feedbacks, 87.5%, if you bid on that coin you almost deserve to get scammed.
    Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car
  • Options

<< <i>6 feedbacks, 87.5%, if you bid on that coin you almost deserve to get scammed. >>

Scammer from Day One. People don't check Feedback as a BUYER. Bought a bunch of cheapo coins, then starting listing his Chinese fakes. LINK He only needs one or two good scores to make the scheme work.
    Good deals with: goldman86 mkman123 Wingsrule wondercoin segoja Tccuga OKCC LindeDad and others.

my early American coins & currency: -- http://yankeedoodlecoins.com/
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That last auction is for a image coaster!
  • Options
    LOL, in the merc auction in answering questions he says he wants to raise money for getting his other nice coins holdered, but in this auction he says he's selling because he is in a jam. This guy needs to do a better job of keeping his web of lies lassoed together.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm speechless!!!
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another ebay auction >>

Priceless...simply priceless.

Lane
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    I've got an idea to make millions!

I'm going to start a business selling magical small boxes labeled.....

"My grandfathers estate"
    "My grandfathers trunk"
    "My grandmothers jewerly box"
    "An old coffee can found in the barn"

You but your replica, wizzed or just plain junk coins in my magical boxes and then take them out.

Opon removing the coins they immediately become coins from...........(insert name of box) and will command many times their prior value.

• Options
    Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭
    Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to have $5000 dollars...or $300 dollars for that matter. Seriously, who spends that kind of money without a little education...IT IS ONE OF THE MOST COUNTERFITED COINS IN EXISTENCE.
  • Options
    I found a pic of his "Fathers mother"

• Options

<< <i>Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to have $5000 dollars...or $300 dollars for that matter. Seriously, who spends that kind of money without a little education... >>

Who? You answered it. Stupid people foolishly blow big money without any clue. You give a wise, educated person $5000 and in 2-3 years they'll make that increase. You give a stupid person that much money and within 2-3 years it's all been blown on crap that's long gone or worthless. That's why the rich become richer and the poor become poorer. not because of elephant party politicians, but because of their own foolishness and lack of education. When I say education I don't necessarily mean schooling. I mean peple who read, research and learn how to care for that $5k.

• Options
    ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    anyone want to buy a bridge.......WOW
    figglehorn
  • Options
    rld14rld14 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>6 feedbacks, 87.5%, if you bid on that coin you almost deserve to get scammed. >>

Scammer from Day One. People don't check Feedback as a BUYER. Bought a bunch of cheapo coins, then starting listing his Chinese fakes. LINK He only needs one or two good scores to make the scheme work. >>

eBay is just a venue though, right? image
    Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to have $5000 dollars...or $300 dollars for that matter. Seriously, who spends that kind of money without a little education...IT IS ONE OF THE MOST COUNTERFITED COINS IN EXISTENCE. >>

I checked the bid history, it looks to me like the winning bidder is a shill and the second bidder was messing with him. Winning bidder has 11 bids in the last 30 days, and 8 of them are with that seller. The second bidder had a much broader range of activity, but that was the only dime he'd bid on. Either he's trying to protect people from the scammer, or the shill overplayed his hand and he's as lucky as he is stupid.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    From ten miles away, anyone can tell that's a fake. It doesn't appear to even have a reeded edge!

But hey, at least ebay made some money from this!
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how can anyone know if the coin actually sold to someone
    or the bidding was fraudulent?
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    Keep watching.... the seller might re-list it next week. image

Added:

Or the runner up may already be getting that second chance offer.
    Ed
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only one feedback as a seller and it was negative for a forgery. All 23 transactions in the last month, but only six unique ones.

Oddly, the winning bidder has only 34 feedback points and 72% of his transactions were with this seller. But this seller has only sold once before!

How many red flags do you need to see?

Lance.
  • Options
    Good detective work. This account needs to be suspended before anyone gets ripped off.

That first auction is nearly as bad. And they have a good feedback record. C

an you sell a coin listed as a 1916-D Dime, then add comments that its possibly not one, that her husband thinks he sees a mintmark but she doesnt....please just look at our small useless pics and if you happen to end up with a a 1916-P, too bad all sales are final!?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file