Home Precious Metals
Options

2009 Gold fractionals ?

Will we see any gold fractionals this year?
Bullion or "W"

I am having a hard time finding this out, it seems that only the proofs will be fractionals.

Is that correct?

Joe

Comments

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not expect it until we actually see them offered by the US Mint. Trying to predict the US Mint is a losing endeavor.
    ----- kj
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that the US Mint will only offer the proof AGE fractionals to the collectors. The business strike fractionals will be available for the AGE, not sure about the Buff's .... The unc. W fractionals are history.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears that we are in a new era of cutbacks. They've issued a full schedule of 2009 offerings, so leaving the bullion coins off of the list is not an oversight. There are two possibilities:

1) They don't intend to make bullion coins in 2009 except for what's already on the list.

2) They haven't yet decided which bullion coins will be made.

It does seem strange that they would do all the planning for everything else, and not be able to make similar plans for the bullion.

Something is up. I'm not sure what it is.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    I want them to end the ASE proofs. Hopefully this is the year they do it. Though I am expecting the program to end after 25 years.