Anyone has history on these???

Are they scarce??

Thanks! Larryimage
Liberty Loan Bond Man

Comments

• Options
    sumrtymsumrtym Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    August 1977

* At the Canadian Numismatic Association convention, the Mint Master Coin Shop debuts the "Beaver" one troy ounce 0.9999 fine gold piece, struck by Johnson Matthey Mint, for Inter-Gold Canada Corp. Ltd. Price is $250 for Proof specimens. (The Royal Canadian Mint was approached to produce this piece, and will later produce its own gold bullion coin.) [591.45]
  • Options
    Thank you!
    I guess this coin is worth spot???
    Maybe more to a collector.
    Larry
    Liberty Loan Bond Man
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    ebay it, probably get more. Neat.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    very cool gold beaver

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it - Clint Eastwood
  • Options
    sumrtymsumrtym Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    I can tell you only 850 were made.
  • Options
    Shiny
    Its all relative
  • Options
    How do you know the quantity??????
    Liberty Loan Bond Man
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    The Unusual World Coins 5th editions shows this version X# MB56 with a mintage of 10,000. They were also minted in 78 (Louis XIV) and in 79 (Victoria). Both listed with a mintage of 10,000.
  • Options
    Kal: thanks! any idea of retail???
    If so would you please PM me. Larry
    Liberty Loan Bond Man
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We buy those in over the counter at spot, and sell them for $50 over. Guy took two of them earlier this month, along with a matching set of silver pieces in six different sizes. Think they were 1/8 oz., 1/4 oz., 1/2 oz., 1 oz., 2 oz. and either 4 or 5 oz.

We handle three or four of the gold ones per year. First silver set I ever saw, though.

TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.