Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is this legit? 1999 UD 500 HR Club Bat Ruth/ Aaron/ Mays

2»

Comments

• Options
    Alright, let's just move forward and stop the bickering over it. Water under the bridge..

Heck of a card, and who knows what it will end at, but it's definately a card that I did not know existed until this week.
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭
    Well, I can officially check bman90278 off my list. I think there are only 3 or 4 members of this site left who haven't had an argument with irrational Stan.

I learned a long time ago that you can't use logic when dealing with Stan. Just take whatever he says as gospel, kiss his ring, and he'll stop replying 4x for every 1 of yours.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Tim, so why is it you tell me that I should edit my posts because it isn't fair to the seller, but yet you still keep rehashing and reposting my one post, yet you never acknowledged my efforts for spending time trying to help the seller show larger images?

I do want to add, the seller did email me back a few minutes ago and said he's been in business for 11 years and says that's the way he will continue to do so.

I think that's too bad because many buyers want to see larger scans of cards when spending good money, but it's the sellers choice.

brian
  • Options

<< <i>Well, I can officially check bman90278 off my list. I think there are only 3 or 4 members of this site left who haven't had an argument with irrational Stan.

I learned a long time ago that you can't use logic when dealing with Stan. Just take whatever he says as gospel, kiss his ring, and he'll stop replying 4x for every 1 of yours. >>

And I have also learned that certain cliques stick together on here, and can get away with stuff that members outside the clique can't. If I came here and made the same comments calling into question a seller some of you guys knew was legit, then I would be flamed for it. Heck, I outed a shady seller, and it was proven what I said was accurate, and I still took a ton of heck for that one. It's all about who you are on here, or who your CU buddies are, that determines how you get treated.

Edit: to add comments
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Well, I can officially check bman90278 off my list. I think there are only 3 or 4 members of this site left who haven't had an argument with irrational Stan.

I learned a long time ago that you can't use logic when dealing with Stan. Just take whatever he says as gospel, kiss his ring, and he'll stop replying 4x for every 1 of yours. >>

And I have also learned that certain cliques stick together on here, and can get away with stuff that members outside the clique can't. If I came here and made the same comments calling into question a seller some of you guys knew was legit, then I would be flamed for it. Heck, I outed a shady seller, and it was proven what I said was accurate, and I still took a ton of heck for that one. It's all about who you are on here, or who your CU buddies are, that determines how you get treated.

Edit: to add comments >>

The whole world isn't out to get you Tim. Just most of us. image
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I am glad this thread went so well.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Geeze and he wonders why some people give him a hard time.

Allen, sorry your thread turned into a train wreck.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Allen, I still don't the card anywhere, but check out this PSA registry list for the Upper Deck - A Piece of History 500 Club Bat Set,
    link
  • Options
    This is Babe Ruth card off the registry (says Rare 1 of 50)
  • Options
    Interesting card. What's harder to believe, the fact that most collectors of this set have never heard of the card or that UD didn't promote it to death it when it was released? FWIW I would love owning the Ruth card of either variety.
  • Options
    That auction listing couldn't be any more obnoxious.
  • Options

<< <i>Geeze and he wonders why some people give him a hard time.

Allen, sorry your thread turned into a train wreck. >>

That is where you don't want to understand. He removed all of his nonsense AFTER I told him it was uncalled for, because little italian was a good seller. You guys are too blinded by friendships to see or admit this.

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Brian your link was NG.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>This is Babe Ruth card off the registry (says Rare 1 of 50)
    image >>

That is the /50 SP that has sold for the $6000 range on numerous occasions.

• Options
    Stan your Beckett link you provided to prove this card was legit also says the Ruth /50 sold for $470. I think the card is real, but it has just recently seen the light of day or the production line. The seller is an idiot for saying there are two of them. Many bidders will not be as aggressive knowing they will likely have another shot soon. This get filled in UD classy moves along with the 2007 Exquiste Beckett Box Break.
  • Options
    Allen,

Beckett is all screwed up on the reported selling prices. They were referring to the Ruth /350, but they can't seem to figure out the difference between the 2. The have 2 totally different images on the card, and are not the same. Clearly.. Go figure..

Just a side note; I personally sold the APOH Mcgwire bat/auto /25 for $3,300 to a guy in NJ.

The Ruth /50 has never sold that cheap, or I would buy everyone of them I could find. While a rare occurance, there has been instances that the /350 version have sold for around $500, but most of the time they range from $650-$1000.
  • Options
    and the funny thing is all the "bat pieces" came from the same 2x4 out back at UD.
  • Options
    The top card is the /50. The bottom card is the /350.

• Options

<< <i>and the funny thing is all the "bat pieces" came from the same 2x4 out back at UD. >>

Nope... pic of the bat on the back of the card. Read the back..
  • Options
    If they show a picture of a bat it must be so. Wait till UD goes belly up and the liquidators wonder where all the bats in the safe came from.
  • Options

<< <i>Stan your Beckett link you provided to prove this card was legit also says the Ruth /50 sold for $470. I think the card is real, but it has just recently seen the light of day or the production line. The seller is an idiot for saying there are two of them. Many bidders will not be as aggressive knowing they will likely have another shot soon. This get filled in UD classy moves along with the 2007 Exquiste Beckett Box Break. >>

He supposedly already sold the other one for mid-4 figure range.
  • Options

<< <i>If they show a picture of a bat it must be so. Wait till UD goes belly up and the liquidators wonder where all the bats in the safe came from. >>

Somewhere, they documented this Ruth bat being cut up with video and pics to verify it I do believe. I forget where I seen it, as it has been several years ago.

I know, Allen, just you being the skeptic. image
  • Options
    How do you know it was their bats in the video?
  • Options

<< <i>How do you know it was their bats in the video? >>

Just forget it..
  • Options
    I cannot forget something that never happened.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I don't believe anything that UD says or does.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Brian your link was NG.

Steve >>

Sorry about that, here is the link, fixed linky