Home Metal Detecting
Options

Memphis City Park finds

Got to hunt an old golf club house here in Memphis yesterday. It was built in 1935 and is located in our oldest park (1903) here in Memphis. I didn't find to much as it has been hunted over the years. I did find close to 40 coins including a 1999 half dollar and two wheaties (1946 & 1956) and I also found a Union General Service button. I've found a few Civil War bullets here in the past but never a button. I've read the land the park is located on was a Confederate camp at one time but I have never found anything diffenately Confederate in origin. I was using my Fisher F2 since my Garrett is in the shop. Once I get it back I plan to go over the club house grounds again. Anyway it was a neat and unexpected find.
el Tesoro Cazador

Digging trash and treasure since 1977

Comments

• Options
    nice button. i wonder just how deep other relics would be there. have you tried an all metal type mode and gone for deep signals only? might only work after you weed out the surface targets.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool find... hope you find more relics.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    No I haven't tried the all metal mode there yet. Most bullets I've dug there are around 6", not to deep.
    el Tesoro Cazador
    Digging trash and treasure since 1977
  • Options
    That's a very nice find!!

Keep those finds coming!

Congrats
    Speer34

imageimageimage