Home Precious Metals
Options

$433 per ounce silver?

CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
Works out to be $433.845 per ounce. Now that's a serious premium...

LINK

Comments

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks... I just couldn't pay that much for 20 grams no matter how collectible they might be.
  • Options
    I was thinking of purchasing that lol.
    Its all relative
  • Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    It could be just me, but it seems that the market of silver bar collecters is booming. I'm 100 positive the establisment of the PM forum is responsible.

image.

When I 1st. started Bullion bars and rounds were just Bullion to me. I bought JM, Engelhard. As the time has passed I'm really starting to like the rare, old pour style. Something unique.

I just can't seem to bid eneough to get one. I honestly don't believe should the #hit hit the fan buyers would pay a premium. One ounce of PM would get you so many goods/services [maybe}. Just my thoughts. Take Care, jws
  • Options
    Silver bar collectors have been around a long time. That's why all the art bars were made in the 70's. I enjoy collecting bullion as others collect coins. I also have a stash of silver of which I paid no premium for. When or If TSHTF value of everything will be in eye of the beholder. If it ever came to that I'm sure PM's would have risen in price above that of what premiums are being paid for it now. If you're buying for that scenario how do you propose to purchase a loaf of bread when all you have is 100 oz silver bar or 1 oz gold bar?
    Its all relative
  • Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    Cars, I see your point. PM'S should have a better chance of holding or gaining ground than a crumbling currency sysyem.

I mean if the #it really hit, I'D rather have fruit trees, cows, etc.

We may be in some for rough times but we will survive and prosper. Take Care, jws
  • Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Silver bar collectors have been around a long time. That's why all the art bars were made in the 70's. I enjoy collecting bullion as others collect coins. I also have a stash of silver of which I paid no premium for. When or If TSHTF value of everything will be in eye of the beholder. If it ever came to that I'm sure PM's would have risen in price above that of what premiums are being paid for it now. If you're buying for that scenario how do you propose to purchase a loaf of bread when all you have is 100 oz silver bar or 1 oz gold bar? >>

I suggest using a saw.
  • Options

<< <i>Silver bar collectors have been around a long time. That's why all the art bars were made in the 70's. I enjoy collecting bullion as others collect coins. I also have a stash of silver of which I paid no premium for. When or If TSHTF value of everything will be in eye of the beholder. If it ever came to that I'm sure PM's would have risen in price above that of what premiums are being paid for it now. If you're buying for that scenario how do you propose to purchase a loaf of bread when all you have is 100 oz silver bar or 1 oz gold bar? >>

In your reference to purchasing bread, that's one main reason why I'm buying silver coinage @ $10-to-$1 face value. I don't want a total collapse of our dollar to occur, but I'm definitely preparing for it. I don't see any possible other outcome.....the Fiat system is a joke.
    "In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation [...] Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights." - Alan Greenspan
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    no thanks on that sheet of 1 gram silver......not very interesting to me at all.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.