Home Metal Detecting
Options

First Silver coin of 2009

Got to go detecting for an hour today. Only found eleven cent. Luckily it was a silver dime and a penny. I found the silver dime and penny as soon as I got to the empty lot but after that I didn't find anything but trash. The ground was froze earlier this morning but luckily the sun came out and made it easier to dig. It suppose to be in the 50's and 60's over the next two days but I'll be at work.
el Tesoro Cazador

Digging trash and treasure since 1977

Comments

• Options
    nice job tes.but i have to say i hate you. why? 2feet of snow is a good reason. LOL
  • Options
    Good find! Silver is a mainstay...Keep it up!
  • Options
    ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    very nice indeed
    figglehorn
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice find... Mercury dimes are one of my favorites (Walking Liberty Halves being the other).... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    nice looking dime!image
  • Options
    Those little Merc's are my all time favorite coin. I have yet to find one via detecting, but I do come across them in grocery store change and the CoinStar machines. Honestly, it's wonderful (for me) that those machines kick out the silver and seldom does anyone think to look in the reject bin!! -Mary
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    Nice going TC, also my favorite. In fact I'm with Ricko as the 2 series I seriously collect are Mercury dimes and Walking Lib halfs. The first silver coin I ever found MDing was a 41 Merc.
    -Joe

-Weinman Fan
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    I got my first silver of the year this week also. A 1964 D dime in the" take a penny" tray at the pizza shop. Gonna be a while before I dig anything here so I'll take um where ever I can find um.
  • Options
    Cool find. All I get outta the "Take a Penny" tray is zinc pennies.
    el Tesoro Cazador
    Digging trash and treasure since 1977