Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

High Grade Kennedy halves going for high prices

Last week 97p in MS68 Goes for $900 + fees this week 76p in MS67 Goes $675 + Fees

Comments

• Options
    MonstavetMonstavet Posts: 1,235 ✭✭
    Same buyer, I wonder? The prices even for non highest grade Kennedys are getting higher and higher all the time, too. Popular series right now.
    Send Email or PM for free veterinary advice.
  • Options
    Look for Kennedys to start rising. If you look on E-Bay, you are not seeing anything higher than MS-66 unless it was minted in the last 2 or 3 years, and the prices on Teletrade are going through the roof. That 1976 last night was a great looking piece.

Keith
    Keith ™

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was a bidder on that 1976 up to about the $600.00 mark. (I then backed off and bought that NGC FA02 Indian instead!). This coin may be used for both the Kennedy series and the Type, Modern Registry. Kind of a 'two-for one' but not at $675.00++!
    Yes, sadly, the Kennedies are climbing. I just wished it had waited another six months so I could make all my upgrades by then.

-I did purchase a 1976-S 40% in PCGS MS68 off of a forum member this evening so all is not lost.

peacockcoins

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You skipped buying a high grade Kennedy for a Fair Indian? I would hope a Fair Indian cent would not stop your bidding on any coin. If so, you may have really started something with your "lowest graded" set.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    dbldie55,

I think that the FA02 was a gold Indian, not a cent if I remember right. And you got to think that's pretty rare. image

Keith
    Keith ™

• Options
    Yes. It was a $10 Gold Indian. That would have been funny buying (or getting excited about) a FA02 Indian cent! Unless of course it was the 1877. Then, not so funny.

peacockcoins

• Options
    1545:1569
    Feb27, 2002 Half Dollar 1984D PCGS 66
    Brilliant, well struck, nice luster. {$45p} $160

Is this a record price for a clad 66? Quite a jump in price from the last teletrade auction. It has a low 43 coin combined pop for
    66/67 34/9. At this price do you think dealers will start searching for more? I know it is a very thin market, but I think
    demand is starting to outpace supply for ms Kennedys.

• Options
    joejoe2000,

I think that some of the dates like the 82 P & D or others where there are 10 or fewer MS-67's have traded for as much or more than the 84-D, although it fits in that category as well. Only 9 MS-67's for the date.

Personal plug -- if you are looking for some 40%'s in high grade, I am giving up on the set I started and am accepting offers on the BST board.

Keith
    Keith ™

• Options
    Try and locate this one: 1989-P in MS66. In the last TWO years I've only seen two for sale (bought them both). They can't be THAT tough, right? 0h, I've never seen or heard of one of the MS67's.

peacockcoins

• Options

<< <i>In the last TWO years I've only seen two for sale (bought them both). >>

We don't see them because Braddick has corered the market.image Read his quote above.image

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    I would say get ready for some hefty prices in this series in the coins with low pops, it is over due for the Kennedy coins, the word is out....
  • Options
    Cameron! Owning two of a pop 40+ coin is hardly cornering the market! (I saw your smiley though- hidden next to your exclamation mark).

Funny thing about this coin. I bought my first from a Kennedy/Ike Dealer for $120.00. I know I waaaaay overpaid but it was the LAST coin needed for my set and I just wasn't finding it anywhere! The second came from a great collector right here on this forum. Cost? $20.00. Now I figured I just paid $60.00 for each (cost average) and feel better about the first!

peacockcoins

• Options
    gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    First, there are a lot of unsearched Kennedy rolls and mint sets out there. I'd expect the pops on the clads to continue to rise. The money is getting to a point where it is worth it to search for these coins.

Second, don't let Braddick divide up the check at dinner. $60 each? image
  • Options
    Greg, If we ever get a chance to have dinner together the whole tab will be on me.

peacockcoins

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Braddick: Try offering $1000 and watch how fast a 1989(p) in PCGS-MS67 might surface for you image Wondercoin.

P.S. If anyone could use a low pop finest known 1974(d) Kennedy Half in PCGS-MS67 at $325 just PM me. Only one coin available.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Mitch- or, easier for me, why don't I send you one of these PQ MS66's plus a hundred and have you walk one through for the one point upgrade? I hear you're pretty good at that!

peacockcoins

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Braddick: That's a plan too! As long as your coin deserves to be an MS67, odds are good it will get there (eventually)! image Wondercoin.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Sure just as I start to get into this kennedy set the prices start going up. Glad I have decided to stick with 66's for the time being.
    U S Navy Retired 22 years - ENC(SW) Ret. - Travling Nuclear Maintanence Contractor - Working Indian Point Nuclear plant Buchanan New York

">Franklin Halves
    ">Kennedy Halves