Home Precious Metals
Options

What is more likely to happen first...

in your opinion?

Palladium doubles from $186 to $368, Gold doubles from $844 to $1,688, or Platinum doubles from $952 to $1,904?

Comments

• Options
    None of the above, Silver
    Its all relative
  • Options

<< <i>None of the above, Silver >>

Silver from $11.30 to $22.60? I can see that!
  • Options
    Good, Then we agree image
    Its all relative
  • Options
    coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Platinum, it was more than that a few months ago, but then again, silver was too.
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Well I can tell you one thing I think gold will do great in the next 2 years. Platinum will merge around the price of gold just like 79/80 with little industrial demand.
  • Options
    I'm somewhat surprised more people don't think palladium has a strong chance to double. It appears pretty darn cheap right now to me.
  • Options
    I haven't ever followed Palladium too closely as an investment, but the US Mint is scheduled to make the new Ultra High Relief Double Eagle coins in Palladium in 2010 - still awaiting approval o'course. This might spark greater interest in the metal as more collectors/investors do more research into this unfamiliar planchet material. I think we'll see Silver double first though.
    "In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation [...] Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights." - Alan Greenspan
  • Options

<< <i>I'm somewhat surprised more people don't think palladium has a strong chance to double. It appears pretty darn cheap right now to me. >>

image Of the three metals you've listed I would say that Palladium has the best chance to double. Part of my reasoning is the high cost of Platinum and Gold, another would be the Russian stockpile of Palladium running out, another would be when the economy finally turns around the car companies will need to replenish their supply as they sold quite a bit of it off to raise cash, the price ratio of Gold and Platinum to Palladium has gotten out of whack and finally if fuel cell technology starts taking off world wide Palladium will be needed as it is the metal of choice due to its ability to absorb and store Hydrogen.

Now if Silver were included in the conversation I would pick Silver but since it is not one of your choices Palladium is the metal of choice.
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm somewhat surprised more people don't think palladium has a strong chance to double. It appears pretty darn cheap right now to me. >>

I agree. I like Palladium also. Norseman made some great points too.
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    Silver will double first; this should be a poll
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of the three metals you've listed I would say that Palladium has the best chance to double. Part of my reasoning is the high cost of Platinum and Gold, another would be the Russian stockpile of Palladium running out, another would be when the economy finally turns around the car companies will need to replenish their supply as they sold quite a bit of it off to raise cash, the price ratio of Gold and Platinum to Palladium has gotten out of whack and finally if fuel cell technology starts taking off world wide Palladium will be needed as it is the metal of choice due to its ability to absorb and store Hydrogen.

I concur. And with only 2 other major miners whose production is being squeezed down, it only makes sense that this metal will go through a shortage and respond in price.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>in your opinion?

Palladium doubles from $186 to $368, Gold doubles from $844 to $1,688, or Platinum doubles from $952 to $1,904? >>

You must have a history of longevity in your family.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>Of the three metals you've listed I would say that Palladium has the best chance to double. Part of my reasoning is the high cost of Platinum and Gold, another would be the Russian stockpile of Palladium running out, another would be when the economy finally turns around the car companies will need to replenish their supply as they sold quite a bit of it off to raise cash, the price ratio of Gold and Platinum to Palladium has gotten out of whack and finally if fuel cell technology starts taking off world wide Palladium will be needed as it is the metal of choice due to its ability to absorb and store Hydrogen.

I concur. And with only 2 other major miners whose production is being squeezed down, it only makes sense that this metal will go through a shortage and respond in price.

roadrunner >>

I should have mentioned the effects of demand destruction.
    This is not unique to Palladium as Silver, Copper, Zinc, Nickel, etc. have all suffered from a huge drop in price it has resulted in mines laying off employees and leaving assetts in the ground rather than sell them at fire sale prices. Of course Silver would probably benefit significantly more than Palladium as it is primarily a by product metal gleaned from the mining of Copper, Lead and Zinc.