Home Sports Talk
Options

Mangenius to the Browns!

RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
Methinks this is a solid hire. The Jets will regret canning him.

RB
Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items

Comments

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    His only mistake was admitting on a national radio program that he looked past one team to prepare for the next weeks game...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>His only mistake was admitting on a national radio program that he looked past one team to prepare for the next weeks game... >>

Well that and completely selling out his former employers. If I were the Jets I'd be freaked out he'll blab about the owner having an affair or something.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Methinks this is a solid hire. The Jets will regret canning him.

RB >>

i'm a fan and i already do regret it. he didn't throw teh 3 ints in the final game
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    I wish him well with Cleveland. I like him, but the conservative approach the Jets used on defense this season began to wear on me.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good riddance! He coached like a deer in headlights the last month of the season and his own players quit on him. The way he handled the Pete Kendall situation, a former team captain and very popular player, two years ago was especially embarrassing. His game planning was terrible and the Jets never made proper adjustments in the second half of games when things weren't working. The worst thing for the Jets was that mirage when he "led" them to the playoffs his first season in NY, but that was Herm Edwards' team. Good thing for him Cleveland is used to 6-10 seasons, 'cause that's what you're about to get a steady dose of..image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Wow, that's an interesting take. A lot of the Jets' own players were surprised he was let go.

9 of the last 11 Super Bowl winning coaches were in their second job when they won........i.e., they learned from their mistakes in their first job. Mangenius has the potential to do the same.

RB
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>he "led" them to the playoffs his first season in NY, but that was Herm Edwards' team. >>

So ya want Herm back?
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow, that's an interesting take. A lot of the Jets' own players were surprised he was let go.

9 of the last 11 Super Bowl winning coaches were in their second job when they won........i.e., they learned from their mistakes in their first job. Mangenius has the potential to do the same.

RB >>

What a ridiculous nickname, Mangenius. When or why did he ever get this nickname? Belicheck was the defensive mastermind behind that whole operation, not Mangini. As we saw with Crennel and Weis (pretty soon with Josh McDaniel), all of those 'mastermind' New England assistants are overrated. Mangini is a gutless snake/rat, anyway. Why would any team want him?
  • Options
    he "led" them to the playoffs his first season in NY, but that was Herm Edwards' team. >>

So ya want Herm back?

Not excatly, though the Jets were much more successful under his helm than with the Great Mangenius.

Agree totally with Go Steelers...the Mangenius nickname was a tabloid play on words that has absolutely nothing to do with reality. He is totally overrated and ill-equipped to be the head coach any team in the NFL.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Was the Mangenius nickname not from a T.V. show?

Also, all of the New England coaches including Belichick are originally Parcells disciples.
  • Options

<< <i>Methinks this is a solid hire. The Jets will regret canning him.

RB >>

Sounds like a great move so far:

The Canton Repository cites a Browns insider who says the atmosphere at team headquarters has been miserable since head coach Eric Mangini took over less than a month ago.

The source claims Mangini is "running the place like Napoleon" and may have already alienated Pro Bowl DT Shaun Rogers after snubbing him at a recent public function. The report smacks of rumor and innuendo, but jives with earlier criticism of Mangini as a poor communicator lacking people skills
  • Options
    Sure, a reporter cites a "Browns insider" - someone from the prior regime, no doubt - as evidence that Mangini is a tyrant. I could care less about Shaun Rogers, a fat, lazy player who takes plays off. If Mangini snubbed him, good. He's Exhibit A as to what's wrong with the Browns anyway. Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow are next.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    "Mangenius" is little Bill without the pedigree...players do not respond to that kind of coaching anymore, maybe in college they do, but not in the NFL..Even Coughlin, the king of discipline had to learn that lesson before finally winning a Super Bowl..and Mangini is nowhere near the coach that Coughlin is...

• Options
    Mangenius was 8-3 this year before Favre started farting and falling down. Just sayin'
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    Mangenius was 8-3 this year before Favre started farting and falling down. Just sayin'

True...but too bad the season didn't end after 11 games, LOL...

• Options
    I actually think this qualifies for thread of the year...
  • Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll second that nomination! image

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    LOL!! Indeed! image

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True, though I don't think Vince Lombardi reincarnate could even coach that organization to a winner.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure this will end in disaster unless they get a semblence of a QB some WRs there.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTT for RonBurgundy after last night's game.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA