Home Metal Detecting
Options

POLL: Best U.S. Coin/Token, DECEMBER, 2008 ****CLOSED****

1.) Demodigger's Winchester cafe token in the left of the picture.

2.) Tesorocazador's 1920 S Mercury dime.

3.) Rickc300's dateless large cent.

4.) Rickc300's 1883 V nickel.

5.) Rickc300's 1901 Indian head penny.

6.) Rickc300's 1888 Indian head penny

G Man
imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    Rickc300Rickc300 Posts: 876 ✭✭
    Tesoro's 1920 S Mercury dime got my vote. Old silver is tops on my list! An awesome month for a summer one let alone in the freezing cold of winter. Some very nice find(s), I'll give you a run for your money after March though, I am feeling pretty good about 2009 after the way 2008 ended for me and since I'm expecting more free time to hunt this year with the changing of jobs and stress levels...

Happy Hunting,
    Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Options
    Thanks for your vote Rick. Hopefully by March I'll be spending my off days fishing. I don't detect like I use to but I'm trying to get back into detecting like the good ole days. Maybe I'll detect in your area sometimes. I own property in Ash Flat not to far from you. Anyway you have some great finds yourself. I've only ever found one large cent since 1977 and from your post you seem to find quite a few. Thanks again!
    el Tesoro Cazador
    Digging trash and treasure since 1977
  • Options
    ttt
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple of tough choices... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Maybe only one poll, but darn it was a tough choice!! I sure hope Spring doesn't waste her time getting here this year, I've already had enough of the deep freeze and bone chilling winter winds. I think I'll blow life off and head to Mexico. image
    Be Still and Know