Home Metal Detecting
Options

I guess you could call it New Year's Beginner's...

luck or just plain lucky. Here's a pic of my best Saturday find.

And a close up of the markings...

On Sunday, Bentfork made the 2+ hour trek down to Altus in SW Oklahoma and we got in a hunt in my "silver field". I'm glad that Gary was able to get in and get a keeper, I'll let him tell you guys about it. I also was able to get some keepers as well, 3 silver coins and a silver ring.

Gary,

I enjoyed the hunt and look forward to our next outing. I'll get us something good lined up and hopefully we can hit it hard.

Happy hunting all!!!
Speer34

imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    gold is good.
  • Options
    crispycrispy Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Boy, you are on fire! I responded to your earlier post before I even saw this one. You are definately off to a great start for the year. Congrats!

Crispy
    "to you, a hero is some kind of weird sandwich..."
  • Options
    Cowabunga! This year is starting off great for some folks. I had a great time with Speer. And I hope to do it again soon. It may be awhile tho, because on the way home I ran into snow flurries south of OK City.

As he mentioned I found a 57 Rosie. And I'm sure there is still more silver in Speer's silver mine.

Good work Speer!

As soon as I put the January threads up you can post that coin ring and earring for jewelry finds. Better yet, I'm gonna do it myself. That earring is awesome. Twenty two karat gold is a fabulous find.

Later...
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome finds... great beginning to 2009... Cheers, RickO