Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Gold Price Prediction...12/31/2009?

RichRRichR Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
What does your crystal ball say? One year from today...on 12/31/2009...gold will be closest to:

A. $800/ounce
B. $1,000/ounce
C. $1,200/ounce
D. $1,500+/ounce
E. It doesn't matter because the supervolcano under Yellowstone Park is going to blow long before then!
F. It doesn't matter because the Mint still hasn't released final mintages for 2008 gold & plat coins (and everyone on this board has killed each other off...we'll call this one "The Planet of the Apes" scenario)!

Comments

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A. I see a non-inflationary economic scenario over the next 12 months.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    B. Possibly if the recession doesn't get addressed.

However, if the price of gold (as a commodity) mirror's current stock trends of buy/sell by the profiteers, it'll end up lower than $800.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    G. It doesn't matter because you are in the wrong forum, try the PM forum! image
  • Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just print a couple trillion dollars of fiat currency, then you tell me.
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    $1,163
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>G. It doesn't matter because you are in the wrong forum, try the PM forum! image >>

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    what it will close out today

891.53 give or take a buck.
  • Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    chances are Id go with E. Us forum members killing each other out just makes to much senceimage-however I dont think the killing is going to start unltil gold hits $1500 and the yellowstone park starts a world self destruction- so I guess Im d e and f?
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Options
    rbfrbf Posts: 452 ✭✭
    C. $1,200/ounce -- seems reasonable. I think gold will go below $800 in the first part of 2009 as we're still in a deflationary environment, but by later in the year I think inflation will finally start kicking in, which will send the price of gold much higher.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file