Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What was your best buy of the year?

2»

Comments

• Options
    BlackieBlackie Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭
    Goot that is a sweet card!!! Any Red Man is imo....
    1964 Topps Football
  • Options
    Got these with my re-enlistment bonus.............the rest went to the wife.........

1964 Topps Football
  • Options
    Thanks guys, it's probably my favorite card in my collection.

Red Man + BOSTON Braves + "363 Wins" inscription = great card IMO.

Blackie: Nice Mantle's and thanks for serving!
  • Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    My favorite purchase was a set of 1968 Topps Stand Up football cards. I had been picking them up one at a time, but when a whole set showed up, I grabbed them. For those interested, I wrote a short description of the set.

• Options
    Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    Great pickup. 'Spahn and Sain, pray for rain!'
  • Options
    nearmint, those standup football cards are sweet. havent' seen alot of those.....
    1964 Topps Football
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Best buy was my recent 1989 Bowman Tiffany set for $15. Best card is this one

Coolest cards are these two
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I can't think of any best buy I had during 2008 since it was so bad for me financially. I've had to worry mainly about the basics the last several months, so I guess this would have to be it...

• Options

<< <i>Here is what I finally got ahold of..................been wanting one for years........

image >>

beauty of an Aaron.