Home Precious Metals

Marketing research.

Due to the overwhelming success of my first offering (the mini bars), I have been playing with the idea of making a larger bar. The bar would be between 3 and 5 ounces and be limited to just 15 total bars. Each would be stamped to reflect this 15 bar limit. They would cost around 72 cents per gram for each bar. Who might be interested in this limited edition run?

Comments

• I may, but I really want my request filled that was 4 bars short in the first run first! OK, I will explain my probably strange request.

Nascar fans here. Tammy, the wife, is a Tony Stewart fan (Who just changed from #20 to #14 effective mid Feb '09)

Probably don't need to tell you who #88 is.... image

These were to be good luck charms for 2009, so PLEASE at least do 4-5 more small ones before switching sizes!!!! image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Rob, good news. I had enough "reject" bars (ones that didnt turn out well) to pour an additional 10 or so mini bars. Your bar will be poured on Thursday or Friday and should be ready to ship then.
  • Will they have the same small logo?
    Its all relative

• << <i>Will they have the same small logo? >>

Unfortunately, yes. I dont want to shell out the cash for a larger logo just for a small 15 bar production run. Do you see this as a negative?
  • CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do two stampings of your stamp side by side. It'll signify that this is your 2nd type of bar as well.
  • For me it is. Seems it would be out of proportion. If the logo was the same but to scale would be nice but I see where you're coming from. Maybe put a stamp on each side of the bar, Either way, I don't think I would be interested.
    Its all relative
  • I want more mini bars! Received my 5 today and they are great!

I want 15 of the 3-5 oz bars when you make them. I'm a silver goon and don't want anybody else to have any!

On a serious note, I'd like to get 1-5 of the 3-5 oz bars when you make them depending on what else anybody else wants. And if you do mini's again I'd like to
    get a few more of them also. And thanks again.

• << <i>I want more mini bars! Received my 5 today and they are great!

I want 15 of the 3-5 oz bars when you make them. I'm a silver goon and don't want anybody else to have any!

On a serious note, I'd like to get 1-5 of the 3-5 oz bars when you make them depending on what else anybody else wants. And if you do mini's again I'd like to
    get a few more of them also. And thanks again. >>

The minis will continue I think. Alot depends on the eBay success of a few batches. Batch #1 closes tomorrow morning, and a second batch will be listed Thursday evening. If those sell for a decent amount, I see no reason to discontinue the minis. Im thinking about expanding now though with some larger bars. Just wanted some feedback from you guys as to if these are something you may want, or at least feel will sell well. I appreciate all the feedback!
  • BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    CAN ONE GET THE BARS CHOCOLATE COVERED ?
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage

• << <i>CAN ONE GET THE BARS CHOCOLATE COVERED ? >>

Of course!!! And jelly filled as well.image
  • BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage