Home Metal Detecting
Options

1929 Boys Scout Camp

Howdy fellow detectorist! Got an opportunity to hunt an old Boy Scout camp. I've hunted it numerous times over the years but I thought I would try my new Fisher F2 at this site. I detected the 285 acre site for approximately 10 hours over the last 3 days. I found 106 coins including 3 silver dimes and 16 wheaties. Also found a few Boy Scout items and even a couple broken Indian arrowheads where they had done some bull dozing. I'm still out off state but once I get home I will try to scan some of my finds. Happy Hunting!
el Tesoro Cazador
Digging trash and treasure since 1977

Comments

• Options
    Here's a photo of some of the finds from the Boy Scout camp. I also found the top part of a hand grenade there (my third one in 31 years for metal detecting). I believe I found just under $9 in change while hunting. I promised the camp historian I would return any camp related items which they plan to put in their camp museum.
    Thanks, el Tesoro Cazador

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice finds TC..... HH... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I bet that they have been looking for all those grommetsimage
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    Send the grommets to Lordminivan for his Holy vest.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    sent pm...........and nice finds.
  • Options
    Mrguby, I replied to your message.
  • Options
    sweet!...i often think of hitting the boy scout camp i went to as a kid...hh....hny
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage