Home Metal Detecting
Options

Christmas Eve Finds

Went detecting today for a little over 3 hours. Didn't find much, I did find 3 to 5 pounds of pecans. I was hunting an old hospital that was built in 1935 and is now county office buildings. It has been hunted hard so the finds were few and far between. I did find a silver dime and two wheaties. I'll include a scan below. Happy Holidays to everyone on these furums!
el Tesoro Cazador

Digging trash and treasure since 1977

Comments

• Options
    Dirt fishing is just like regular fishing - a slow day out is better than a good day at work. Nice finds.
    -Joe

-Weinman Fan
  • Options
    Looks like a good site. Two wheaties + a silver dime = more silver!

G Man
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice finds... Merry Christmas TC.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i>Didn't find much, I did find 3 to 5 pounds of pecans >>

Man!! You have some awesome detector!! How deep were they? image
  • Options
    Most were surface finds, the ones I dug up weren't all that tasty!
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would take 3 to 5 pounds of pecans on any hunt
  • Options
    hey tes i took the f2 out today and yesterday. found a old lot behind a stonewall and seems to have 2 seperate foundations. maybe 3 acres.with a large pond in the back.any how there definatly was life there at one time. lots of trash and overgrown with trees and shrubs,found 3 old beltbuckles,1 old matchbox car,2 old bottles but no coins.so how do i set this machine up?all metal or do i discriminate some out. sister inlaw thinks there was a home there until 1980.im goin back tomorrow.
  • Options
    Hi Mr. Guby,
    I turn the F2 on, press discriminate "+" five times, press notch- press discriminate "+" until nickel shows up and press notch quickly again. This will allow you to find nickels, copper cents, dimes, quarters, halves and dollars. It disc. against zinc cents, iron and pull tabs in general. Pull tabs will be found inthe nickel mode though. Nickels give a signal normally around 30-33 but I dug two in a higher range this weekend. I believe indain heads read in the zinc cent range but if the house was built in 1980 I wouldn't be concerned. I have figured out notching yet as the instructions are vague. Good luck and keep her swinging!
    el Tesoro Cazador
  • Options
    thnx tes. the property has been empty since 1980 so anything found would be prior.turns out the buckles i found weir 1 belt and 2 boot.also the matchbox car was made in england which i dont believe ive seen before. allways taiwan or malaysa.