Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Got My JHF Roosevelt Auction Catalog Today

And I must say it along with the coins looks great. I am so looking forward to this auction.
All the coins were pedigreed to their previous owners, Myself (onlyroosies), Craig Harries
(colorfulcoins), Steve Heller (registrycoin), and Mitch Spivack (wondercoin). One of Craig's
Ex: spectacular blue toned dimes made the cover and inside cover. There are some dimes
here that haven't seen the light of day for 10 years or better.

Nick

Comments

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto.

Ronnie got his copy today. Thank you Paul Song!
    He was already in it looking for his favs. So far, the 1964-D (I think that is what it was by memory) is the leader for him but he is torn between that, Christmas cartoons, and the 1' of snow we still have on the ground (and his 7'x7'4' snowfort he built mostly by himself...and a little help from the neighbor kid his own age..no real help from dad image ).

The catalog was VERY well done, imho. I will be taking a look at it later (already have a couple of bids in as place holders but have to really sit down to see what we may have a chance for...I would like to get him one, or a couple, from the set).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a lot of work, but I wanted to make sure guys like Steve, Nick and Craig got their recognition for the fabulous dimes they sold to me as JHF's agent throughout the years. And, I especially thank Nick for assisting me on properly pedigreeing the coins. Many of these coins are essentially as good as it gets for the date IMHO. Superior did a great job with the catalog as they promised they would. No question that they delivered. And, this is a fine example of the type of premium quality collections JHF has built over the years. Late next year should be the sale of JHF's 1938-1964 BU nickels and some of those coins (espeically the War nickels) are the prettiest toned Jeffersons I have ever seen as well.

Again if anyone wants a catalog, just contact Paul Song at Superior.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Received mine today. Makes me want to get back in.
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful dimes and excellent photographs. Roosevelts are not my series - if anyone could use a copy of the JHF Collection catalog let me know.
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I e-mailed Paul Song and requested a catalog, never received a reply. No catalog in my mail today.image
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    No catalog today either...image
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    "I don't get no respect."
    Rodney Dangerfield aka Lablover

or maybe these roosies don't belong in YOUR set....

Love ya man....
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162

<< <i>No catalog today either...image >>

I'll send you my copy if you want it. image
  • Options

<< <i>I'll send you my copy if you want it. >>

Lee, thanks for the offer but OnlyGoldIsMoney (Mark) is sending me the one he received.

I find humor in Mitch telling folks to contact Paul Song if they want a catalog. I did and thus far no catalog. Most surprising was the fact Paul never replyed to my e-mail. I even made mentioned of my NGC Registry Set to show my true interest in Roosevelts. What if I wanted to SELL my set in the future; do you think I would now contact Superior? I hope, for Superior's sake, no one else has had the same type of experience.
  • Options
    Prior to viewing this string, I contacted Paul by email last week and he responded within hours...perhaps he did not get your email for some reason. Suggest checking address and resending with a return message receipt

In summary, I would give him another chance.

JB
  • Options
    I have found Paul to be THE most responsive guy in the auction business I have ever dealt with (well - maybe Ian is just as quick - he answered a question I had recently in seconds from his HI vacation). Perhaps Christmas had something to do with him being a little slower than usual. PCGS was closed most of this week as well (including yesterday). Try calling Superior today, but if they are closed, it might take until Monday to get you out a catalog. I am also away on a family gathering until Sunday morning myself. But, I will also follow up with Paul the best I can this weekend and find out what happened with that catalog request.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Jim,

I'll also have to stand up for Paul. I wanted a catalog for my son and Paul responded months ago and then again recently. His response was in under 24 hours.
    Maybe your email is going to a junk folder, for whatever reason? Or, the Christmas holidays, as Mitch said, may have something to do with it.

I am a numismatic nobody and he responded to me, so I don't think he is ignoring you. Likely never saw your emails.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Thanks all for the input and I'm sure Paul is a standup guy. Perhaps my e-mail on 12-16 to paulsong@sgbh.com was lost in the shuffle. But, I've got one on the way from a board member so not all is lost.image
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    Classy catalog with excellent pix. Very nicely done. Great color collage on the back cover.
  • Options
    RC: Perhaps my favorite dime in the entire catalog (surely one of my top 3) is your old coin - the 1949-S Roosie in PCGS-MS68 (with a killer strike). Certainly one of the quintessential Roosies - the "key date" when I was growing up.

Wondercoin.
  • Options
    Favorite strike, favorite toning, hardest coin to acquire... Choosing favorites from the JHF Roosie collection seems just about impossible to me. It's a stunning collection. Nick's coins and the others that I have never seen in hand look tremendous.
    What a hard (and fun!) job it must have been to put this collection together. My dimes alone were so difficult to choose favorites from, that I originally went with a white set and a toned set just to avoid the tough "sideways" improvement decisions. But, with my two sets, Nick's set and the other beautiful Roosies I see in the catalog, I couldn't pick single standouts.
    That said, there is just this one coin... image
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Mine came this morning... image
    Dan
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>RC: Perhaps my favorite dime in the entire catalog (surely one of my top 3) is your old coin - the 1949-S Roosie in PCGS-MS68 (with a killer strike). Certainly one of the quintessential Roosies - the "key date" when I was growing up.

Wondercoin. >>

Man ur old! image

I received mine a while a go. Haven't looked at it, but only 1 time. Nice dimes!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Rear cover would make a GREAT wall paper.. image
    Dan
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PaulL

Re your comment about the 49-S: Man ur old! Some of us were born that year... image

Mark

PS: image
    Mark

• Options

<< <i>Re your comment about the 49-S: Man ur old! Some of us were born that year... >>

And some of us were born the year Roosies started. Yikes...
    Dan
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dan50:

Man ur old!

Mark

Mark

• Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Craig, I don't think the reserves post the same way they do at Heritage. Don't quote me on this but
    I think the reserve is held until floor bidding starts. Anyone know exactly how Superior handles this.
  • Options
    The prices.....argh! the prices.
    Good for them but our hopes are a'slimmin'

• Options
    I'll be viewing all of the lots tomorrow (uh today since it's 1:45am and I can't sleep)....image
  • Options
    UltraHighReliefUltraHighRelief Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ttt - anyone win?
  • Options
    I just off the phone with Nick (Onlyroosies) and we both feel the sale was a great success. Not only did a handful of MS68FB coins sell at levels well in excess of some recent sales on MS68FB dimes (some at roughly 2x recent levels), but many MS67FB or MS68 coins sold at record levels as well. And, the fact that nearly 50% of all lots sold went to "well known upgraders" speaks volumes of the quality of the collection! In the end, JHF sold "six figures" worth of Roosies in the sale - a respectable figure, especially in this market. Superior did a great job and I know the Price Guide editor wants to speak with me later this week about possibly raising prices across the board on Silver Roosies following this sale. Hopefully, some "new blood" bought some of the great dimes in the sale and the silver Roosie series continues to attract more attention as a mainstream classic coin collection in the future. Wondercoin

• Options
    61 of 108 Lots Did Not Sell!!! Many Had High Reserves. I Bought 1 Coin.image
  • Options
    Lablover - The auction had well more than -2- entire sets of Roosies in it - truly something for everybody. The fact that "only" nearly an enire collection of silver Roosies sold in a single night - well - that is also a function of there only being so much "Roosie money" available in a given night. I understand from Superior that one or more collectors went on extended payment plans with Superior to buy the dimes that they did. There has never been $115,000 in Roosies sold in a single day ever (that I am aware of). I comfortably stand by my comment that the sale was a success and I believe Nick will tell you the same.

Wondercoin

P.S. What coin did you buy?
  • Options

<< <i>I comfortably stand by my comment that the sale was a success and I believe Nick will tell you the same. >>

Mitch,

I didn't say the auction was not a success; only that 56% of the available coins did not sell. No doubt from a financial standpoint it truly was a success, and that rising tide will (should) lift all boats. There were quite a few wonderful Roosies, and I wish I could have acquired more. But, it was not in the cards this time around.

The only coin I bought was Lot 738 - 1958 PCGS MS67. Bought the coin for the reverse...had the colors one usually finds on the 58D's.

Jim
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I comfortably stand by my comment that the sale was a success and I believe Nick will tell you the same. >>

Mitch,

I didn't say the auction was not a success; only that 56% of the available coins did not sell. No doubt from a financial standpoint it truly was a success, and that rising tide will (should) lift all boats. There were quite a few wonderful Roosies, and I wish I could have acquired more. But, it was not in the cards this time around.

The only coin I bought was Lot 738 - 1958 PCGS MS67. Bought the coin for the reverse...had the colors one usually finds on the 58D's.

Jim >>

If only 44% sold it sounds like who ever set the reserve has no idea what the mrket will support. Either way, I wouldn't call this an "auction", more of price gougingimage

With all of the hype about this so called "auction" why have reserves, let the top top bidders fight it out to determine what the fair market value is image

I'm not sure what to call it, but I wouldn't call it a success if 56% was unrealisticly price more then what the buyers were willing to pay.image
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    I would call the auction a complete success and Mitch did a wonderful job setting the reserves. Yes, they were set
    high but they had to be considering there is no previous price history for Roosevelt Dimes of this quality. I was very
    happy with the quantity that sold but most importantly with the various types that sold. A new price record was set
    for a Silver Roosie with the sale of the 1946 MS68FB at $8600 with juice. 5 MS68FB Roosies sold with the lowest in
    the mid $5K's. A slew of MS67FB's sold for multiples of the PCGS price guide. Record prices were bid for the MS68
    non-FB's. Not one coin sold at or below PCGS price guide. Expect to see plenty of green in the price guide over the
    next few months. Some of these dimes were one of a kind and the prices realized reflected that.

Congratulations JHF

• Options
    Oops, didn't mean to start something that was not intended. It was a terrific auction for JHF and the Roosie market! Guess if I'm to play with the big boy's I need to pony up next time. I saw these coins in person and many were blow you away beautiful. But, I still think my NGC set is prettier.image
  • Options
    Thanks Nick.

Edited as I have decided to not address Tim's comments at all.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    TACloughTAClough Posts: 1,598

<< <i>I would call the auction a complete success and Mitch did a wonderful job setting the reserves. Yes, they were set
    high but they had to be considering there is no previous price history for Roosevelt Dimes of this quality. I was very
    happy with the quantity that sold but most importantly with the various types that sold. A new price record was set
    for a Silver Roosie with the sale of the 1946 MS68FB at $8600 with juice. 5 MS68FB Roosies sold with the lowest in
    the mid $5K's. A slew of MS67FB's sold for multiples of the PCGS price guide. Record prices were bid for the MS68
    non-FB's. Not one coin sold at or below PCGS price guide. Expect to see plenty of green in the price guide over the
    next few months. Some of these dimes were one of a kind and the prices realized reflected that.

Congratulations JHF >>

Well I suppose if your cat has kittens in the oven, you call them biscuits too? image

You say "Yes, they were set high but they had to be considering there is no previous price history for Roosevelt Dimes of this quality." What a line of crap! Let’s see, a highly advertized auction by a major firm; both phone and live auction; it shouldn’t matter if there was no previous price history that is what a “true auction” would have established. The only conclusion you can draw from the facts is that for 54% of the coins there is still no valid price history.

Sorry, but no matter how you look at it, who ever priced the ridiculous high reserves has shown that they don’t know this series. A 54 percent failure isn’t even expectable at the most liberal university. image
  • Options
    It does seem to be a great success. I had quite a number of bids in.
    I was even high bidder on a few that ended internet auction.
    Since they are still open, I can only imagine that the reserve was not met.

It is time for the price guide to go in the upwards motion.

To the other collectors of other denominations. Just remember the BIG sets
    that went to auction and set records for Penny's, Quarters and Halfs.

Reserves or not, the final sale prices that where made went well above and then some anything
    Pcgs had listed for price guides.

If you dont collect them, then quite complaining.

Congrats JHF and Mitch. Well put together auction.

BILL
  • Options
    Thanks Bill.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    Thanks Mitch and thanks to all of you well wishers and bidders!

These were the dimes that were circulating when I was a little boy. I remember collecting the 49s out of circ. They were hard dates, comparable to the 38/39-s and d Jeffersons. But they weren't as much fun to collect then as they were now, because back then the coins hadn't colored. And if they had colored and were worth a significant premium, I wouldn't have been able to afford 'em. Ah, to be young and poor again.

But young and poor is history. The set sold was the finest collect of Roosies ever put together, as of now. The 48 coins in the primary set included an amazing 45 pop tops. Six of them were pop 1/0 - the sole finest known coin. Another eight were pop 2/0. Also included were numerous NGC graded pop tops and other high-grade PCGS coins with superb toning.

The strong sales results show that quality coins still command top dollar.

Regarding the unsold coins, I was always emphatic with Mitch that I wanted strong reserves. I am more than willing to take the remaining 1/0s and 2/0s and salt them away in a safety deposit box for the next 20 years. Indeed, I still have about 3 boxes of esoteric Roosie varieties that I pull out to study and gloat over. I'll be happy to salt these pop tops away with those varieties.

I hope all you Roosie collectors enjoyed the catalog (which out here in Bangkok, I STILL haven't received), and had lots of fun at the auction.

And if you want any of the unsold coins, please contact Superior (which has a week to sell them at a slight discount to the reserve) and/or Mitch. But note that Mitch will be visiting me soon and once those coins go into my safety deposit box, they'll probably stay there until I kick the bucket. And no telling how long this fun-loving old fartski will last. So this will be your last shot at those pop 1/0s and 2/0s, hopefully for many, many years to come.

Warm regards from ...

Just Having Fun (and lots and lots of it)

Jefferson nickels, Standing Libs, and US-Philippines rock
  • Options
    Congratulations JHF, Mitch and Superior. Very well done.
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mitch and Nick,

Congratulations image on a fine auction!!! I have the catalog and it is beautiful.

Just a thought on the auction and just my 10 cents worth.......

I believe the auction was a COMPLETE SUCCESS and somewhat a failure.

These are once in a lifetime Roosevelts and I believe that the setting of records is a wonderful thing when it comes to this series, and it doesn't matter how many coins sold its a fine catalog and it was a wonderful auction. This set was a cultimation of 3-4 serious collectors personal sets in 1 over 30 years of collecting and the prices realized it. The reason I would think it was somewhat a failure is that these Roosies should have sold for tens of thousands of dollars. I remember a 1948 Franklin MS67FBL (1/0) sold north of $30,000. Why not some of these Roosies? Yes Mitch I know its an entirely different animal, but where on earth is the respect that the Roosevelt dime deserves? It should have started with this auction! Not all Roosie collectors are poor like me. There are strong players in the market that should have bid these incredible dimes up.

A 1946 pop (1/0) MS68FB Roosevelt dime with AMAZING Toning and Razor sharp hot of the press strike, for less than $10,000? Just not right in my book.

Every one of these Roosies sold for a deal in my opinion.

And Tim, I respect you very much, but you are way out of line, and I for one would like you to put a sock in it. If you want to take a crap do it some where else!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    JHF,

Congratulations on a great auction! Mitch did an outstanding job for you from what little I know, and Superior was top notch. You had (have) some very beautiful Roosies. If I can locate all those missing funds I once had I'll see if I can pick off another one. But, I'll enjoy the 1958 MS67 I got regardless.

Thanks for allowing us Roosie fan's the enjoyment of feasting on great eye candy and the chance to acquire a coin or two!

Best Wishes,

Jim
  • Options
    Paul: Thank you. And, I know where you are coming from. Under $10,000 for a pop 1/0 silver Roosie is a great deal IMHO, especially vis a vis $25,000 or $30,000 Lincolns or Franklins, or even $15,000- $20,000 Jeff nickels or Wash Quarters of similar years. Which is why, in part, setting reserves was such a difficult task - nearly all of the 5 MS68FB coins sold "1 bid and out" against the reserve. And, how about a coin like the pop 3 1961-P NOT selling at $4,000 reserve. Nick will state it THE nicest PCGS coin he has ever seen for the date (and I believe the only one with toning as well). Would have / should have - but, along the lines of your comment Paul - a coin like the 1961-P dime should have sold at my reserve IMHO. But, as JHF stated, my "marching orders" were to not be terribly shy with the reserves as JHF had no problem at all with me personally delivering the pop 1 ,2 or even pop 3 or 4 coins that failed to sell to him later this year on my scheduled trip to Asia.

But, again, $115,000 in Roosies selling in one night is no small thing for this series - and, I agree, it is likely only the beginning for silver roosies. I believe we will see a $250,000+ silver dime set built in the next 10 or so years and then higher and higher in our kids lifetimes. But, without a doubt, this was the landmark sale for silver Roosies to this point in time.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭
    Having made that 61P (it was the second one made) and having it part of my set for awhile, I can concur with both Nick & Mitch that coin is superb.
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    Craig: Your coins attacted great interest in the sale and a couple sold for huge money (like the 47-P and 54-P) because they were soooo lovely for the grade. The nicest "blue" 47-S dime of the two "bookend" coins was bid up to about $4,000 with the juice and still did not hit my reserve for JHF! That is how much I loved the coin and I know it was one of JHF's favorite coins as well. This just shows you Craig how truly valuable your current collection of color Roosies actually is today as I know that what you sold me was simply a small piece of some of the super color coins you have acquired over the past decade or two. And, yes, your old 61-P is top notch - worthy of THE finest PCGS dime collection in the world without a doubt in my view.

Wondercoin

P.S. One more thing...

speaking of buying the coin and not the holder (and "reserving the coin and not holder") ...

Speaking of Craig's 1947-P MS67FB dime - I reserved the coin at $2,250 and it sold at $2,300 ($2,645 with the buyers fee and a Price Guide of $600). I reserved JHF's other 47-P MS67FB dime (a nice coin to be sure) at $650 and it failed to sell. Or, speaking of Craig's 1954-P Dime in MS67FB - I reserved the coin at $2,500 and it sold at $2,500 ($2,875 with the buyers fee and a Price Guide of $700). The other 54-P in MS67FB I reserved at $1,500 and it did not sell. I reserved coins for what they were - the special coins were gobbled up at spectacular levels to be sure.
  • Options

<< <i>Or, speaking of Craig's 1954-P Dime in MS67FB >>

I saw this coin, it's super!

I was hoping, since it's my wife's birth year, someone would cut me some slack and I'd pick it up on the cheap.
    There was no slack in the room.image
  • Options

<< <i>Craig: Your coins attacted great interest in the sale and a couple sold for huge money (like the 47-P and 54-P) because they were soooo lovely for the grade. >>

Some of us tend to forget, when looking at the price guide, that coins with fantastic color can and will make the price list look silly.
    Dan
  • Options
    TACloughTAClough Posts: 1,598

<< <i> And Tim, I respect you very much, but you are way out of line, and I for one would like you to put a sock in it. If you want to take a crap do it some where else!

Later, Paul. >>

Paul,

There is nothing that I said in the two posts that was out of line. Sorry, just stating it the way it is. It is not in my nature to blow sunshine up anyone else’s backside. I can’t see congratulating someone for a successful auction when over 50 percent goes unsold.

Yes, I looked at several of JHF dime’s and they are gorgeous, several deserving of “moon money”. But this does not make it a successful auction. Yes, you could blame the economy for the poor showing but to me that is a non issue, the market will always have its ups and downs. The fair price value of any given coin is what someone is willing to pay / sale for.

If the reserve of the coin is set unrealistically high, and no one is willing to pay that much then the fair market value of the coin will not be established. When this happens for over fifty percent of the coins listed for the auction then to call it “successful” is like saying the moon is made out of cream cheese.

I think Mitch was trying to use the excuse that there was too many high end coins for a series with limited collectors to buy them all at once. I’m not sure because Mitch must have realizes the weakness of his arguments because he deleted that post. Critiquing the auction, Monday morning quarterback style, if there was a fear that the small number of collectors would not be able to buy because of limited funds at one auction, then maybe the collection should have been divided up over several auctions so the small number of collectors could have had time to refurbish their funds?

Do not take me wrong, JFH assembled a beautiful collection of Roosevelt dimes, obviously the coins that sold deserved the price realized, Mitch has a proven record of being successful with the endeavors that he has undertaken. But to say that an auction with over a fifty percent non sale rate is successful is too much of a stretch. What is next, someone who list 100 coins in an auction with only 1 meeting the unrealistic high reserve and is bought also being declared a “success”?

Again, I only posted to this thread after members declared the auction a success, I am wondering if they also would say that McCain ran a successful campaign for President too!

Now if people were honest, and if they agree that more then a fifty percent failure rate is far from successful, then they need to look at why there was a high percentage of failed auctions. One, too many high end coins of the same denomination were placed in the same auction and the small number of collectors could not afford to bid / buy them all? Or two, the reserve price set on the auctions were unrealistically high? Either way, who ever organized the sale / auction was not successful in selling the collection or even a majority of the collection. As well advertized the auction was, the length of time between the announcement of the sale and the auction itself collectors had time to raise and save funds, with all of the different avenues to participate in this auction (internet, phone, and floor).

If people want to sit back and have a lovefest by saying how successful and good job it was, again sorry but “that dog just won’t hunt”.

Again, with the large percentage that didn’t sell because of the high unrealistic reserves, the only conclusion that I can draw is one or more of the following:

a) The reserves were set by someone unfamiliar with the series and / or what the market would support.
    b) There was an attempt to gouge the collectors.
    c) The collection was not really for sale.

I have nothing against Mitch, but if the goal was to sell this collection by auction then that goal was less then half way met. If the goal was to see what price level the market would support, then that goal was also less then half way met. If someone wants to claim to being a “pricing expert for modern coinage” then I would expect at least an eighty percent success rate.

I do wonder if the auctions would have happened when they were originally stated that they would (September 2008), before the banking failure, if the prices realized would have been higher but no one has a crystal ball.

I forget what movie it was in when Jack Nickelson used the line “You can’t handle the truth!” so Mitch can keep on deleting his posts if he wants to but I will continue to call it the way I see it. If this offense you Paul, I am sorry for that.

JMHO,

• Options
    Tim: I deleted my original comment to you, because I thought you ignored it. Rather than continue to debate with you, I elected to edit the post entirely and let you voice your strong opinion on the subject, which you are 100% entitled to do.

The owner of the coins is very happy with the auction result, I am very happy with the auction result and most of the top silver Roosie guys in the country are happy with it . You believe it was not all that great. Fair enough.

Wondercoin

• Options

<< <i>
    I forget what movie it was in when Jack Nickelson used the line “You can’t handle the truth!” >>

"A Few Good Men", with Tommy Cruise image

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have enjoyed reading this thread. I would love to see more interest in the series and hopefully the auction will get more collectors interested in Roosevelts. I didnt get my catalog in the mail until the Monday after the auction and they did a great job with the photos. It will likely go in my personal coin library. That didnt stop me from bidding and if the internet auction was all, I would have won 2 coins but with the live auction, I lost both. I can also hopefully say after the auction that some of my own coins, which were made by some of the same people(thanks Nick and Craig!)might be worth just a little more.