Home Precious Metals

5oz US Silver bullion...

How do people on these boards view the 5 oz silver US bullion coin with twenty-five cent face?

Considering the National Parks system will have first dibs on them for sales at the parks, I'm thinking the premium for them will be way way over melt.

Comments

• mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to get one or so as long as its not too expensive.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Depends on pricing what I will think about them. 3" would be a nice palate of silver to do some cool designs of parks on, but since they are going to be based on the quarter, it's hard to tell how that will work in reality. image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spray 'em matte black for hockey.
  • we talking about .999 or .90?
  • You could always use them for Cup saucers or coasters.
    Its all relative

• << <i>we talking about .999 or .90? >>

• CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they are no more expensive than the percent of premium generic ASE's carry then I'll likely get them. Somehow I can't imagine they will be that cheap...if you can call that cheap. Five ounces...I bet you if silver is at $11p/oz they will be charging $99 (maybe $89) for each coin and I won't be buying at that price.
  • i'll also be interested to see the markup. a 25 cent face value seems nonsensical. something over a dollar at least.

Considering the National Parks system will have first dibs on them for sales at the parks

perfect storm and this could have the unintended consequence of a bunch of coin people
    camped out, a-LA black friday.
  • fcfc Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭
    no thanks. i pass on all offerings from the franklin mint. er US mint.
    same thing.

now it we are talking melt plus 3%... ;-) i might consider it.

a 25 cent face value seems nonsensical. something over a dollar at least.

the mint does this so i cannot call it a true bullion round and whip the
    modern junk collectors into a frenzy :-D

it is a coin! lol.
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Spray 'em matte black for hockey. >>

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    The idea of a giant quarter is not good to me. Especially if it's a $125 giant quarter.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think these coins will be neat and I'm looking foreward to them. I can't wait to buy some on the secondary market at near melt.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The idea of a giant quarter is not good to me. Especially if it's a $125 giant quarter. >>

Well, after our economy collapses, it'll cost $125 for the new quarter. This might be a deal!image

Ren
  • OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be interesting to see them in oversized slabs.

I wonder how hard it will be to achieve an MS70. The size of the coin creates more opportunities for scratches and planchet defects.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)