Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

XMas 2008: Good food gifts thread... Revisited

2»

Comments

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the ideas so far men. I will pull the trigger on something here in a couple of hours - still time for more good ideas.

FWIW, both of the people I am buying for sent me Omaha Steaks this year -- so I guess that is out.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    If they like coffee, one of these units can't be beat.

They come with a variety pack of coffees and teas too.

We got one at work last year and I had to go out and get one for home.

Sent one to my brother for Xmas this year too

Keurig Coffee Makers
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    My first thought was Omaha Steaks as well. How about some authentic Memphis BBQ from Corky's. Really good Ribs.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
  • Options
    Indy78Indy78 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    Try a Benton Ham from Madisonville, TN. They were featured in the November 2007 issue of Southern Living. It is hands down the best ham I've ever had. My wife ordered a whole ham for a baptism last month for around $60 plus about $10 shipping, so it's right within your price range. It came by mail, was packaged well, and shipped quick! I was uneasy about ordering food by mail at first, but it worked out surprisingly well. And the ham was a hit with all of our guests! Whatever you decide, good luck! Here's the link for more info: www.bentonshams.com
  • Options
    A Pittsburgh favorite, pierogies. This place hires immigrant from the old country who know what they are doing. Was featured on the food channel twice.

www.pierogiesplus.com
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭
    I work next door to this place. Really nice stuff.

Rocke's Meating House
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    I'm hungry now, I should get the 75 mini for this thread giving me a food induced post dramatic stress disorder.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Thanks again to everyone -- I went with the Dreamland BBQ, which was first suggested by Kirk (who will therefore get the Munson). There were a lot of good ideas and much information here -- I should have done it a couple of weeks ago as I might have sent some more of these suggestions to others.

Good think tank.

Mike
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Mike for the contest. Just like Keith Jackson use to say these ribs are unbelievable. When you sit down to eat they bring you a cup of their sauce and bread to dunk in the sauce. Even if you dont order their ribs you should try their sauce.
  • Options
    I am bumping this thread as I have used Dreamland a few times since then with great success, plus there are quite a few other good ideas here for anybody shopping.... enjoy.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    my local grocery store caries "ballpark frank" flavored chips
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Three $500 gift cards for The Diamondback Tavern in Ellicott City, MD.
  • Options
    Mike,

How about the south Florida favorite, Joe's Stone Crab? They are known for their key lime pie and stone crab claws. They are amazing. They can be expensive but there might be something that interests you. If you like it, no card is needed.

Joe's Stone Crab
  • Options
    Mdube16Mdube16 Posts: 744 ✭✭

<< <i>Mike,

How about the south Florida favorite, Joe's Stone Crab? They are known for their key lime pie and stone crab claws. They are amazing. They can be expensive but there might be something that interests you. If you like it, no card is needed.

Joe's Stone Crab >>

An alternative to Joes is this place....its 5 min from my house and we buy all of our Stone Crabs from there. We have also shipped them all over the country for less than Half the price of Joes. There is no better food gift

http://www.goldenruleseafood.com/
  • Options
    scashaggyscashaggy Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

<< <i>An alternative to Joes is this place....its 5 min from my house and we buy all of our Stone Crabs from there. We have also shipped them all over the country for less than Half the price of Joes. There is no better food gift

http://www.goldenruleseafood.com/ >>

Do you recall how much the stone crabs were? It's a little too south for me but may be worth the drive.
  • Options
    thekid8thekid8 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭
    For someone who has everything --- Chocolate Covered Bacon

Gary Carter Fans check out www.thekid8.com

• Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    How did the Dreamland Bar BQ work out last year?? Was it delicious??

Anybody ever had that chocolate covered bacon??

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I should've read closer, just saw where you indicated that you've had dreamland several times since then so it must be delicious. I might have to order a batch for my office.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't say I'm a big fan of Omaha Steaks. They're good steaks but way overpriced, IMHO. I can get as-good steaks from a butcher 2 minutes from my house for far less.

If the recipient is into cheese, I highly recommend Cougar Gold cheese from the fine students at WSU:

http://www.wsu.edu/creamery/

Tabe
  • Options
    that chocolate covered bacon looks REALLY appetizing....if you enjoy eating turds
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    I'm getting the dark chocolate covered bacon...but if they will do a sugar free version I'll get that instead.