Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Question about 71 Topps Tattoos

Been seeing some of these graded recently--anybody ever sent any in?--i have 10 of the 16 sheets and wondered how to go about getting them graded--the graded ones are separated--were they torn prior to sending them in?--just seems like they would be more valuable in the original condition but it would be a whopper of a graded case to encapsulate them--does psa separate them? thanks for any guidance--

just noticed a Rose psa 9 is up around $120.00--

Comments

• swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Yes - I have been watching them also - I have sent in the 1986 vareity with a little luck...PSA 10 schmidt's and ryan...

You need to seperate them along the perforations - DO NOT CUT THEM...

PSA will grade individually or the two stamp panel...

Good Luck!!

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • thank you---thats what i needed to know--
  • firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    you have a rose for sale? corey
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • I sent in a clemente that i seperated first, got an 8 mk. Make sure no water has hit the tattoo or you get the mk, mine had a very tiny spot on it.
  • I Got a Tatoo in 71...was in Bangkok...then had a Party Girl named Dop Twang....Oh wait a minute that's not what this is aboutimage

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • scotgrebscotgreb Posts: 808 ✭✭✭
    The big problem with these (in my opinion) is the disparity in grading. Grading is always somewhat subjective but these are very subject. Given a nice example, you can argue equally that it's a PSA 5 or a PSA 9. I'd suggest sending in several issues of varying condition such that the grader can make relative comparisons.
  • rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>Been seeing some of these graded recently--anybody ever sent any in?--i have 10 of the 16 sheets and wondered how to go about getting them graded--the graded ones are separated--were they torn prior to sending them in?--just seems like they would be more valuable in the original condition but it would be a whopper of a graded case to encapsulate them--does psa separate them? thanks for any guidance--

just noticed a Rose psa 9 is up around $120.00-- >>

nice card!

rd

• Nice card. Good luck.
    Coin enthusiast since 1992
  • rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>The big problem with these (in my opinion) is the disparity in grading. Grading is always somewhat subjective but these are very subject. Given a nice example, you can argue equally that it's a PSA 5 or a PSA 9. I'd suggest sending in several issues of varying condition such that the grader can make relative comparisons. >>

Based on the pop reports on both the singles and panels, I'd say that it must not be that easy to seperate the cards via those perforated lines...

rd

imageimage
    imageimage

• ICE9ICE9 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Based on the pop reports on both the singles and panels, I'd say that it must not be that easy to seperate the cards via those perforated lines...

rd

<< <i>

Can anyone provide advice on seperating these along the perforations? Is it advisable to fold along the perforations before ripping? Should I use a ruler along the perforation when ripping?

I'd imagine the best approach would be to seperate at the panel perforations:

instead of the single player perforations:

as this would result in fewer seperations and fewer chances of something going wrong.
    "Must these Englishmen Live That I Might Die? Must They Live That I Might Die?" - The Blue Oyster Cult