Home Metal Detecting
Options

Park hunt copper

metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
Good weekend all! Its chilly hear in California hehe

First and foremost this coin pile is from several outtings at local parks and schools in my area
using a 1990's Whites GoldMaster.

1. I have saved only the 1c 95 percent Copper and 5c Coins to build a date set years from now when I
have nothing to do. Again hehe!

2. Rolled up all the Zincolns and deposited at the bankimage

3. I spent all 10c and 25c coins in vending machines. Sorry Mr. Vendor my bad, but I have not
(paid) for papers, waters, cokes, snacks for years. I used to wire wheel clean the Quarters
but gave up.image

4. Have fun

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions

Comments

• Options
    Cool finds. Heck, nowdays I even recirculate copper pennies and wheaties (unless they have some collectors value). I figure someone finding wheaties in circulation might start them collecting coins like it did me so many years ago. I usually use those machines at stores to convert my change into cash. I usually save it up all year and then invest in a collectible coin, indian artifact or autograph. Last years finds bought me a 1937 d MS65 cent and a 1939 MS65 cent graded by PCGS. I think I got them for little more than $60 over all. Anyway keep that coil swinging.
    El Tesoro Cazador
    Digging trash and treasure since 1977
  • Options
    Tesoro, You said you collect Indian artifacts. My grandfather used to collect arrowheads years ago
    back east, but have no idea where they went.image
    Show us some pics.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pile of copper... HH RickO
  • Options
    I prefer the copper over the zincolns any day, but I don't dare leave any of them in the ground if I pass over them.

I've been saving mine and I'll roll it every six months or so. The one thing that I haven't been rolling is the pennies. I normally run all my coins thru the rock tumbler before I put them in the jars/jugs that I use. It doesn't clean them all that well, but at least you can make out alot more than if I didn't clean them at all.

Congrats on the group of coins there!!!!!
    Speer34

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I'll have to figure out how to post pictures before I can make photos of indian artifacts.
    el Tesoro Cazado
    Digging trash and treasure since 1977
  • Options
    Nice collection! Thanks for share!
    Coin enthusiast since 1992
  • Options
    Tesoro,
    Open a Photobucket account, you can upload pics to Photobucket, the copy and paste here in the message text.