Home Precious Metals
Options

Top Private Dogs

CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
Who else should be on the below list of well respected, well known private assayers and minters bullion in mass quantities?

Engelhard
Johnson-Matthey
Sunshine Mint
Northwest Territorial Mint
A-Mark
Pamp Suisse
Credit Suisse

Comments

• Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    ohio precious metals
    silvertowne
  • Options
    The "Gecko Mint" will hopefully be added to this list.image
  • Options
    Bache, OPM, US silver credit, international mining mint, Simmons, National Refiners/assayers.

I know most of these are not as well known but I own bars from them and a few of them I've seen tons of stuff from such as OPM & Simmons. Others may disagree.
    Its all relative
  • Options
    I've seen lots of OPM stuff on eBay lately. Anyone know where exactly in Ohio these folks are?
  • Options
    I don't know about the well respected part for many of these but no one has yet mentioned CMI.

They extruded many larger sizes and pumped out massive quantities, though I don't know the dates they were in operation.

I've seen and own a number of thier bars from 25 and 50 to 100 ouncers.

Exact same shape as Engelhard 100 ouncers and just scaled down for the smaller sizes.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options

<< <i>I've seen lots of OPM stuff on eBay lately. Anyone know where exactly in Ohio these folks are? >>

Hell, I just found out they're in Jackson, OH! Well geez, that makes me happy as a dead pig in the sun. Me and my family all hail from right there...Rio Grande, Vinton, etc... Too cool, I'll have to pay closer attention to OPM.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I've seen lots of OPM stuff on eBay lately. Anyone know where exactly in Ohio these folks are? >>

Hell, I just found out they're in Jackson, OH! Well geez, that makes me happy as a dead pig in the sun. Me and my family all hail from right there...Rio Grande, Vinton, etc... Too cool, I'll have to pay closer attention to OPM. >>

Would their precursor be Jackson Precious Metals?

I have a 100 oz. poured bar from them. Seems a bit old to me, had it quite a while.

Paid spot for it back around '02-'03.

I'm fairly certain they have been out of business for quite awhile. May have resurfaced now as OPM?
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Argor Heraeus should be on the list.
  • Options

I'm about 20 minutes from OPM
    Its all relative
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    OPM is a top notch refiner. One of only a handful that are certified to refine to the highest purity - beyond the .9999 standard.
    They deal in large quantities.

Another name to consider is Republic.
  • Options
    Too bad OPM doesn't make 5oz & 10oz bars. At least not lots of them as I can't find anything but 1oz & 100oz on eBay.
  • Options

<< <i>I don't know about the well respected part for many of these but no one has yet mentioned CMI.

They extruded many larger sizes and pumped out massive quantities, though I don't know the dates they were in operation.

I've seen and own a number of thier bars from 25 and 50 to 100 ouncers.

Exact same shape as Engelhard 100 ouncers and just scaled down for the smaller sizes. >>

Didn't take long at all. You have seen and own a number of THIER bars ????????????????????????