Home Metal Detecting
Options

dug some old tokens

worked a new spot that has never been detected before. a friend found this place while doing some research through google. i believe we could have several more good visits to this place. dug alot of old trash, all from the early 1900's.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neat tokens... hope that site holds a lot more. Research pays off. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Great finds. Keep us updated with your finds from this site.
    de Tesoro Cazador
    Digging trash and treasure since 1977
  • Options
    I found a Canadian trade token once and it happens to be my oldest find, 1837
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    While stationed at Beale AFB, CA (40 miles north of Sacramento) I found a few California tokens around the base and nearby towns. I found two Reception Saloon tokens from Wheatland California while hunting around an old ranch bunk house. I never found out what there value was but traded them off for several Barber halves. I love finding tokens but I haven't got a clue to their value. Over the years I've found sales tax tokens, gaming tokens from the old days, tokens from shoe stores, tokens from lumber companies, clothing stores, etc... But I've never know the value. Are there sources to find token values? I've pretty much traded off all my tokens except for a few Civil War sulter tokens but in the future I would love to know there value before I trade them off.
    De Tesoro Cazador
  • Options
    Very cool!
  • Options
    anyone interested in california tokens should look for a book from CHARLES V. KAPPEN. i have the original copy from 1976, with authors signature. there is also supposed to be an updated version as well. the older book is blue, hard bound, and has 1000's of tokens and pics listed.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info on the book, I'll have to see if I can locate one. I've often wondered what the Reception Saloon tokens were worth when I traded them off. I see saloon tokens on Ebay going for hundreds of dollars sometimes.
    De Tesoro Cazador
  • Options
    Demo,

I love seeing the finds that you post. You always have great finds that you share and I am sure that I would never see these things if you (and others) didn't post them here.

Thanks for sharing!!!!

Scott
    Speer34

imageimageimage