Home Metal Detecting

Treasure Coins and Bars

metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know this is an older story but it is just incredible!

http://www.freedommag.org/english/vol18I10/

and the government snagged it!

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions

Comments

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Link fixedText

Should work now

• ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    Wow! I am going to find out about the attorney from Athens. I have some attorney friends there and will find out if they know anyone that may have any info to see if this story is true. -dan
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting, as tales of treasure always are. This one has been circulating for a long time... seems there is definitely some basis in fact. Cheers, RickO
  • STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Very cool story
  • Halfhunter06Halfhunter06 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    wow, nice one
  • Most Fantastic read... I'm intriqued.

Steven Spielberg should turn this into a movie !!

Thanks for sharing
  • metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your welcome,
    Saw the on "Histories Misteries" years ago. Recently, I did a Google search for the story because the "Treasure Bug" bit me again.
    Some intersting points:

1. Many "Discovered" Gold bars were later re-buried in the desert. Too bad its on Government land, as I would love to run my detector
    in the area.
    2. It is agreed that this was Gold mined by the Spanish with the blood and sweat of native slaves. Where were the the original mines?
    Sierra Madre in Mexico? or...
    3. The vast amount of Gold was a huge windfall for our government which likely funded the war effort in the 60's...
    Remelted, Re-refined and stored at Fort Knox.
    4. And finally, I belive El Victorio Peak with its caverns was simply a "vault" for the Spanish Rulers which surely they knew about back in
    Spain.... or maybe the location was lost forever.... due to circumstance....