Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

"in stock and reserved" UPDATE

derrybderryb Posts: 36,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
4 coin buff unc set on order. status: in process - in stock and reserved. Cancel button has disappeared. Been over a week. Anyone know if this means they are locked in and will be shipped? credit card has not yet been hit.

Update:
That was the status last night. Today they were delivered. Mint must be slow to update site these days.

Opened one set - beautiful. Can't decide whether to open the other two sets or leave them sealed as an investment. What say ye, oh soothsayers of the coin forum? The opened set is going for grading and if I open any more they will also go for grading. What, oh what should I do?

PS. Picked up a buff 1/4 proof (opened mint package) for $309 and a 1/10 proof (opened mint package) for $123 after cashback. Both delivered and look good, going in for grades.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
- Nick Giambruno
Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

Comments

• Options

<< <i>4 coin buff unc set on order. status: in process - in stock and reserved. Cancel button has disappeared. Been over a week. Anyone know if this means they are locked in and will be shipped? credit card has not yet been hit. >>

Yes, if the cancel button is gone that means that you will get them.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually after a week they show as shipped. If I'm not gonna get the 3 sets it would be nice to know so I can order 3 AGE "W" uncirc sets while they are still available. I'll call the mint tomorrow and see what's up. Thanks

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options

<< <i>Usually after a week they show as shipped. If I'm not gonna get the 3 sets it would be nice to know so I can order 3 AGE "W" uncirc sets while they are still available. I'll call the mint tomorrow and see what's up. Thanks >>

The mint has been very slow to ship orders lately, even when they're "In Stock and Reserved".. I had the same thing - took about 10 business days after the cancel button disappeared for them to finally ship.
    You'll likely get one of those boneheads that answers the phone at the mint & they'll tell you that the order will be shipping soon.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually had my credit card showing pending US Mint for my 4pc. Proof Buff Set.....now it is gone!!!

Yet the Mint site shows it as In stock and reserved, order in process, and cancel box is gone.

Go figure!!! image
  • Options
    I love when that "in stock and reserved" Happens
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I called to ask what is going on and they said it's the holidays alot of shipping going on your items will be out by some time next week if not call us back.WTF is that all about they hold your $$$$ then say out of stock or on back order or say your item hase been canceled. If you have it send it you dont tell me so I can buy something that is in stock so I can have it now not next month. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 4 coin Unc set is finally arriving today. The order went into "processing" status and cancel box disappeared 9 days ago.
  • Options

<< <i>My 4 coin Unc set is finally arriving today. The order went into "processing" status and cancel box disappeared 9 days ago. >>

Same here... The 2 UNC sets that I ordered are scheduled for delivery today image
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the ones I ordered 11/14 & 11/16 are scheduled to be dilvered via FEDEX 12/4 ... finallyimage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    nycounselnycounsel Posts: 1,229 ✭✭
    one of my orders changed from "in process" today:

Order Date: 11/14/2008 at 02:28 PM

2008 BUFF GLD UNC MM 4 COIN SET 5 units shipped on 12/03/2008
    2008 BUFF GLD PRF 4 COIN SET 2 units shipped on 12/03/2008

Dan
  • Options
    A herd of buffalo just crossed my desk.
    Ordered 11-20
  • Options

<< <i>A herd of buffalo just crossed my desk.
    Ordered 11-20 >>

I just got a herd here too!!! image
  • Options
    Got my unc buff set today but haven't opened it yet. A while back someone here provided the hint that if you go to the fedex package tracking site and enter your mint order number in the remarks section, if it has been shipped you will see the status. I did that yesterday and saw it would arrive today, yet the mint web site didn't list it as shipped until this evening, after it had already arrived at my house.
    Greg
  • Options

<< <i>Got my unc buff set today but haven't opened it yet. A while back someone here provided the hint that if you go to the fedex package tracking site and enter your mint order number in the remarks section, if it has been shipped you will see the status. I did that yesterday and saw it would arrive today, yet the mint web site didn't list it as shipped until this evening, after it had already arrived at my house. >>

Wait until tomorrow -- you'll get an email letting you know that they've been shipped.. Yes, the mint is definitely on top of things image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>A herd of buffalo just crossed my desk.
    Ordered 11-20 >>

I just got a herd here too!!! image >>

Got the 4pc Proof set.

My half ouncer was laying naked outside of her capsule.....no harm no foul...but, a bit disconcerting.

Gorgeous coins!!!!!
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    they canceled mine image

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like they are shipping out the set but not the others, status: in process - in stock and reserved. Cancel button has disappeared. It will be two week in this status friday let see. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    After they cancelled my 1/10 oz I went for a 1/2 oz (smallest size left at the time). I went to in stock and reserved. I hope I see it soon.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file