Home Metal Detecting
Options

batteries

For those of us that live in the frozen tundras, do not forget to remove the batteries from your detector, including the pinpointer. This action will keep you from being disappointed in the spring from corrosion building all winter.
"If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the reminder. Its in the high 60's -low 70's around here. No rain, no frost to speak, some early morning fog. Just good old northern California sunshine.
    Sounds like I need to get out with my Ace 250 doesnt it .
    Molon Labe
  • Options
    I doubt I'll have those temps where you are until mid May or June. It could get up to 45 today but the ground is frozen solid and no digging can happen. All winter long I think of good places to go with the detector but when warm weather comes that activity gets pushed aside with other things to do.
    The last time I took my Ace 250 out was back on the first of November at the shore of Lake Champlain in VT but it was too cold and a stiff wind was blowing and I retreated to the warmth of the house.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    crispycrispy Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Yep all my batteries go into baggies and everything gets a good cleaning. Time to peruse the old E&W/LT magazines, research new spots and live vicariously through the exploits of our Southern neighbors. Man this is going to be a long Winter.
    "to you, a hero is some kind of weird sandwich..."
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah yes.. time for research, forums, magazines and dreams of treasures yet unfound. Cheers, RickO