Home Precious Metals
Options

Silver over $60 an ounce????

It is if its in this form:

Engelhard 7oz old poured type

This hammer price suprised even myself. I know these bars are very scarce as is the 4 oz version. Both can be seen at the end of this silver bullion video I made for youtube.

rare silver bullion video

Comments

• Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Can't believe I missed that. I even have it for my favorite searches email notice. Forgot all about it with the holiday. Though considering those last bids I would of lost anyways. Cool video gecko!
  • Options
    You wanted to get one of those Jeremy? I have owned 2 of these pieces during my adulthood (currently have just 1), and have seen on ebay about 4 or 5 total. There cant be very many of these things left. Glad you enjoyed the video.
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Yes I need one for my collection. I have seen them before but never owned one.
  • Options
    I think that there is a growing underground of serious Engelhard collectors! image
    Silver Baron
    Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think that there is a growing underground of serious Engelhard collectors! image >>

and as usual most are very late to the party and trendy... which results in people
    paying wayyyy to much.

i still think it is neat though.. but sadly overpriced. just how i feel about most collector
    coins too! i am consistent.
  • Options
    I have a few Engelhard rounds and bars I'd like to sell for $60/ oz. That's a cool looking bar though.
  • Options
    CaseyCasey Posts: 1,502 ✭✭
    Great video!! Love the silver Krugerrand.
  • Options
    4oz
    Its all relative
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭

<< <i>4oz >>

tis a terrible time to be a bullion bar collector.. geez. ;-)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>4oz >>

tis a terrible time to be a bullion bar collector.. geez. ;-) >>

Now im caught in a dilemma!!! With these 2 recent sales, do I put both my 7 and 4 oz Engelhards up for sale and hope for moon money? Afterall $751 for 11 oz of silver aint too shabby. Even if I had to replace my silver with generic rounds at perhaps $13.00, I could turn my 11 oz into almost 58 oz!!! Mighty tempting indeed.

• Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭
    Why is the 7 0z bar so grossly over-priced?
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options

$60/oz? Wow. Of course, not all silver ingots are created equal. image

(no, it's not for sale.)
    Good deals with: goldman86 mkman123 Wingsrule wondercoin segoja Tccuga OKCC LindeDad and others.

my early American coins & currency: -- http://yankeedoodlecoins.com/
  • Options
    Very nice.

I picked up one of the engelhard 3 oz bars today. I'm excited to get it.
    Its all relative