Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Never again.....thanks Jeff (barfvader)!!

Instead of responding to a moron on a thread that went off course, I will post my own.

I sent Jeff a nice little prize for a contest I ran. I shipped 3 items from eBay auctions. None ever arrived. All 3 eBay items were eventually refunded. This also happened to be at the same time that Brian(neenish) ran his stimulus giveaway. That package was also not received and I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that he failed to send it. As far as dipsh**s package, we spoke through PM and I told him I would send him something else if the first never arrived. Apparently we both forgot about it until another forum user posted a thread thanking me for randomly sending him something I thought he would enjoy but I had no real collector interest with me.

Nice thread Jeff, very classy!

In my one year on this board, I have bought, sold, received and given away free items. I assure you the number of items I have given away far exceeds the number of cards I have bought or received for free on here.

If I wanted to be an overly egotistical azz, I could post a list of forum users in my sigline that received free stuff from me. Instead I think from now on, I will just never give away anthing on here again.

Sincerely,
Scrooge

Comments

• Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Bill, Glad your back man!
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    What did I miss?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Apperantly I missed a lot while I was away.
  • Options
    You were away?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh crap. It was this thread. I replied to it but didn't realize it was a thread made to complain about not getting free stuff for winning a contest.

I thought he maybe had problems loading the pics or something.

Anyway, that is really classless. I am very surprised Jeff!

link
  • Options
    I have a couple questions, how are you certain that something that someone was to send was never sent?

And are you saying that the item you sent never arrived?

I'm also grateful that I missed the other thread.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    nstead of responding to a moron on a thread that went off course,

Not so sure of the moron part but I'd agree that thread did go off course a tad.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Don't worry about it Bill. If you ever win a contest that I am not running, I'll try to not send you something. image

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    OK, can someone post the cliffs notes or PM who/what the heck is going on. Bill still has a sweet Karate stance and I thought Barf just forgot to post pics.
  • Options

<< <i>I have a couple questions, how are you certain that something that someone was to send was never sent?

And are you saying that the item you sent never arrived? >>

Cliff Notes version to answer Steve's question:

Sent Jeff's package at the same time I sent items from 3 separate eBay auctions. None of the 4 ever reached their destinations. I offered to send a replacement package if the 1st never arrived.
  • Options

<< <i>That package was also not received and I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that he failed to send it. >>

That was a typo but do not want to edit the original message and have certain people say I am changing my original story. I was trying to say that I am absolutely positive that Brian sent his but his just never arrived. Did not mean to post that I thought he never sent it.

Edit for another mistyping adventure.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>That package was also not received and I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that he failed to send it. >>

That was a typo but do not want to edit the original message and have certain people say I am changing my original story. I was trying to say that I am absolutely positive that Brian sent his but he just never arrived. Did not mean to post that I thought he never sent it. >>

That's what I fingered...a typo
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>...........I was trying to say that I am absolutely positive that Brian sent his but he just never arrived............. >>

He sent you a man?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>...........I was trying to say that I am absolutely positive that Brian sent his but he just never arrived............. >>

He sent you a man? >>

No but he did send him Dale Murphy's wood.
  • Options
    I did edit that typo. Was hoping I edited it before I revealed that Brian sent me a man. Apperantly I failed. Maybe the package with the man in it was for my wife?
  • Options
    Who did Neenish send something to that never arrived, how come my bills always seem
    to arrive every month without fail?

So where do we stand now on all this drama?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>That's what I fingered...a typo >>

For the record, I appreciated that humor, Matt. That's top shelf stuff right there!
  • Options

<< <i>Oh crap. It was this thread. I replied to it but didn't realize it was a thread made to complain about not getting free stuff for winning a contest.

I thought he maybe had problems loading the pics or something.

Anyway, that is really classless. I am very surprised Jeff!

link >>

I saw that thread and paid more attention to the responses than then OP. I wouldn't have ever thought less of Bill after reading...
  • Options

<< <i>Who did Neenish send something to that never arrived, how come my bills always seem
    to arrive every month without fail?

So where do we stand now on all this drama?

Steve >>

Long story short...I think someone in Bill's post office has sticky fingers.
  • Options
    I changed my mind. I am just going to join donrus and quit the hobby or something.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>That's what I fingered...a typo >>

For the record, I appreciated that humor, Matt. That's top shelf stuff right there! >>

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I changed my mind. I am just going to join donrus and quit the hobby or something. >>

Dang, and I just wasted a bubblemailer on your arse. At least I haven't paid postage yet.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options

<< <i>I changed my mind. I am just going to join donrus and quit the hobby or something. >>

You can't quit till after the secret santa exchange. Your santa sent you something that you will really appreciate.

That is of course if your mailman doesn't steal it.
  • Options

<< <i>Dang, and I just wasted a bubblemailer on your arse. At least I haven't paid postage yet. >>

<< <i>You can't quit till after the secret santa exchange. Your santa sent you something that you will really appreciate. >>

I changed my mind again. I will quit later.

• Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, you'll quit til you need to rip some wax, which will probably be any minute now.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

I changed my mind again. I will quit later. >>

Can't do that Bill, no backsies!!!! image
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    synchronicity

j
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    who's on first?
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    Bill,

First off my thread was completely all in fun and never meant as an attack against you. Never called you out, never called you names (unlike you calling me a moron in this thread), never did a single thing that would make you go on the attack. I followed up on the PM as you had suggested if the package hadn't didn't arrive at a certain date and you never responded. No big deal (at least to me anyway).

So if I'm an azz (your words) for having a little fun then so be it.

• Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i missed something, musta been my birthday,im better now- haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaimage
  • Options
    cool thread
    Tonya
  • Options

<< <i>cool thread >>

I agree.

Still not able to figure this one out. Guess maybe a smiley at the end of the thread I started might have helped in showing it was in fun but that's one of the most difficult things about posting anything on the internet as humor is very hard to put into typed out words.

Now typing out moron,dipsh**s package and egotistical azz, the meaning and intent is loud and clear.
  • Options

<< <i>No big deal (at least to me anyway). >>

No big deal but you decided it was worth taking the time to post a thread?
  • Options
    I apologize for my "classless" comment Jeff. I did not realize it was a joke either.

Matt
  • Options
    And I apologize to Bill for my insinuation that he was doing Meth this weekend. image.
  • Options

<< <i>And I apologize to Bill for my insinuation that he was doing Meth this weekend. image. >>

Nah, that was funny.

He was doing crack though
  • Options
    Mike,

I also do not appreciate you saying I was using meth. I was on an annual hunting trip with my son and dad. BTW, do you happen to have an extra 1981 Donruss golf Bruce Lietzke #16? image
  • Options
    Bill we all know you don't do Meth. You huff spraypaint cans (no smiley either)
    Tonya
  • Options
    Who's Bill?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>No big deal (at least to me anyway). >>

No big deal but you decided it was worth taking the time to post a thread? >>

Bill,

I can't help it if you didn't get the humor in it. I can understand not getting it as I stated above humor can be hard to put into words on an internet discussion board.

Where in this Won this contest Getting to 3000 posts before I go to bed contest/giveaway by correctly posting his wifes name and this is what I got does it make me come off as a moron, dipsh** and egotistical azz?

Didn't call you names, didn't complain about not getting something and don't see any thing that would make me egotistical. My PM's to you have been completely friendly and understanding with the last one sent as per your instructions on Nov 15th to inform you that the item did not arrive.

Sorry you didn't get the humor but as I said it was all in fun and it passed the time away for many others posting some cool pics. image
  • Options
    they know u

they know me
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    synchronicity

RIP GURU
  • Options
    No Lietzke unfortunately, but I probably have 50 of the 66 lying in my doubles box. you just HAD to come up with one of the 16 that I don't have. I did come accoss a stray Nicklaus RC though - OC, but nice to see image
  • Options

<< <i>

If I wanted to be an overly egotistical azz, I could post a list of forum users in my sigline that received free stuff from me. >>

And just like you not getting the meaning of my thread I didn't get that line. Thought it was aimed at me but after sitting and reading it a few times I get the meaning of that. image

Sometimes it's so friggin hard to get what anyone is trying to say online. image
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    another 'dog ate my homework' story
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    seems legit - lets hit the hay...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    cue music.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    All I'm sorry to belonging you happened.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i still dont get itimage
    you all can say i smoke crack like cigs or eat small childen for all i careimage
    clayton bigsby image