Home Sports Talk

Name the Top 5 Teams in Football right now!

How would you guys number the top football teams right now 1-5?

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-Giants
    2-Titans
    3-Wide open
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Giants
    Jets
    Tenn
    T.B.
    Steelers / Pats

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Giants
    2. Jets
    3. Steelers
    4. Titans
    5. Bucs/Pats

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Love how you guys like the Steelers and Patriots, except the Colts beat both of them without Bob Sanders, and he should be back come playoff time.

1) Giants
    2) Jets
    3) Titans
    4) Colts
    5) Panthers
  • dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Bucs
    Bucs
    Bucs
    Bucs
    Bucs
  • gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Love how you guys like the Steelers and Patriots, except the Colts beat both of them without Bob Sanders, and he should be back come playoff time.

1) Giants
    2) Jets
    3) Titans
    4) Colts
    5) Panthers >>

Bob Sanders played against the Steelers...

Edit: I think Carolina is vastly overrated on your list.
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    Giants
    Titans
    Steelers
    Colts
    Jets

didnt make the cut:
    Panthers- meh.
    bucs - down 17 to the lions?
    skins- struggling lately
    cardinals- maybe with another win or 2
    Ravens- rookie QB
    pats- didn't win it with brady, now supposed to with cassel?

John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    Nice to see someone put the Colts ahead of the Pats! Sorry Paul!!

Do not forget the Colts also went into Pittsburg and beat the Steelers to!!! With the scheduale looking the way it is Indy will atleast be 11-5 at the end of the season! The Browns, Bengals, Jaguars, Lions, and Titans. They may go 12-4 if they beat Tennessee at home!

Peyton Manning for MVP!!!

<< <i>Nice to see someone put the Colts ahead of the Pats! Sorry Paul!!

Do not forget the Colts also went into Pittsburg and beat the Steelers to!!! With the scheduale looking the way it is Indy will atleast be 11-5 at the end of the season! The Browns, Bengals, Jaguars, Lions, and Titans. They may go 12-4 if they beat Tennessee at home!

Peyton Manning for MVP!!! >>

I always try to be realistic and truthful with these threads- I HATE and I meen HATE the Giants but I will be honest with my list, the Giants are the team to beat. Everyone is down on the Titans because of that loss to the Jets- was that game any worse than the Giants getting smashed by the Brownies?

My Pats are not out of it by any stretch but I would say the Colts have a better shot.
  • milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    1- Eagles
    2 -Giants
    3 - Tenn

Eagles.........only kidding of coarse........HAHAHAHAHA............They need to get rid of McNabb and Andy Reid.
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Here we go..

1) Giants
    2) Jets
    3) Titans
    4) Steelers
    5) Colts

Collecting:
    Dallas Cowboys
    SuperBowl MVPs
    Heisman Trophy Winers

<< <i>

<< <i>Nice to see someone put the Colts ahead of the Pats! Sorry Paul!!

Peyton Manning for MVP!!! >>

I always try to be realistic and truthful with these threads- I HATE and I meen HATE the Giants but I will be honest with my list, the Giants are the team to beat. Everyone is down on the Titans because of that loss to the Jets- was that game any worse than the Giants getting smashed by the Brownies?

My Pats are not out of it by any stretch but I would say the Colts have a better shot. >>

Yeah Paul. Do you believe Cassel will stay with the Pats when Brady gets back, or go for a starting job somewere else? Cassel is a greaT PLAYER to never have started since High School!
    I definately think Cassel will be the starter somewhere else, there is no reason to pay him to be a back up once Brady gets back- regardless of how Cassel does the rest of the way it will still be Tom Brady's team.
  • Cowboys
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cowboys

Have no shot vs Giants, though...even a mediocre team will look good playing Niners and Hawks back to back.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • In every sport, Defense wins play-off games. The Baltimore Ravens have a great defense -- among the top 2 or 3 in the entire NFL.

Yeah, they've got a rookie quarterback -- but he just keeps gettin' better and better.

If you're a bettin' man, look for the Ravens to make the playoffs -- and then make it to at least the AFC Championship game.

<< <i>In every sport, Defense wins play-off games. The Baltimore Ravens have a great defense -- among the top 2 or 3 in the entire NFL.

Yeah, they've got a rookie quarterback -- but he just keeps gettin' better and better.

If you're a bettin' man, look for the Ravens to make the playoffs -- and then make it to at least the AFC Championship game. >>

Tennessee and Pittsburgh have let up less points than the Ravens, and have better offenses. The Ravens have a decent shot but smarter money would take the chance with Tennessee.
  • "Tennessee and Pittsburgh have let up less points than the Ravens, and have better offenses."

Believe it or not, the Ravens have scored more points than Pittsburgh. In 11 games, the Ravens have scored 258 points. In 11 games, Pittsburgh has scored 236 points.

It's hard to say which team is the best. But if you look back over all of these posts, you won't find anybody with the Ravens in their Top 5. So, I'd say the Ravens are kind of a "sleeper" -- they have a great chance of being the surprise team in the playoffs.

<< <i>"Tennessee and Pittsburgh have let up less points than the Ravens, and have better offenses."

Believe it or not, the Ravens have scored more points than Pittsburgh. In 11 games, the Ravens have scored 258 points. In 11 games, Pittsburgh has scored 236 points.

It's hard to say which team is the best. But if you look back over all of these posts, you won't find anybody with the Ravens in their Top 5. So, I'd say the Ravens are kind of a "sleeper" -- they have a great chance of being the surprise team in the playoffs. >>

I wont argue that they are a "sleeper" and you could be right, they have a solid chance of being there. I just think Tennessee has the best chance.
  • BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i>In every sport, Defense wins play-off games. The Baltimore Ravens have a great defense -- among the top 2 or 3 in the entire NFL.

If you're a bettin' man, look for the Ravens to make the playoffs -- and then make it to at least the AFC Championship game. >>

Another teams the Colts beat this year.
  • Manchester united
    Arsenal
    real madrid
    Barcelona
    Chelsea

<< <i>Manchester united
    Arsenal
    real madrid
    Barcelona
    Chelsea >>

Are they golf players? image
  • yup and the rest of the time they play football
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭
    1. Giants
    2. Jets
    3. Titans
    4. Steelers
    5. colts/Pats
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Another dominant performance by Baltimore -- 34 to 3 on the road at Cincinnati.

Yeah, I know the Bengals have won just one game. But when a defense holds a team to just 3 points on the road, that's a really tough defense. And remember, nobody (except me) thinks they're in "the Top 5 NFL Teams right now".
  • goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭
    After week 11,I'd say,

1-Giants
    2-jets
    3-tenn.
    4-colts
    5-bucs
    6- winner of pitt/pats
    Great year so far,things are far from over.

J.R.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Cowboys
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Patsies laid an egg against an actual decent opponent. Colts didnt' even score an offensive TD against the Brownies! Jets fold at home. The beef is in the NFC
    right now!

1) Bucs
    2) Giants
    3) Titans
    4) Car/Atl
    5) Pitt

JS
    1. Giants
    2. Panthers
    3. Buks
    4. Titans
    5. Colts

Colts have won 5 in a row, and have come from behind and won 4 road games. The Colts are used to playing in a warm dome, but when they had to play in freezing temperatures and raining they are just not used to it. That is why they had a bad game against the Browns!!
  • softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Giants
    2. Titans
    3. Steelers
    4. Panthers
    5. Colts / Cowboys

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• After their fine performance in Dallas last night and their "near miss" against Pittsburgh last weekend, I'm more convinced than ever that the Baltimore Ravens are gonna be tough in the playoffs -- nobody is gonna feel comfortable matching up with them. Gotta put 'em in your Top 5.
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    The Colts need to be in the Top 5 based upon their recent play. Seems the AFC has a strong grasp on the top right now with Tennessee, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, and Baltimore probably being more formidible than any team in the NFC other than maybe the Giants (let's see how they respond tonight).
    My NEW top 5 list...

#1- Tennessee
    #2- Indy
    #3- Carolina
    #4- Baltimore
    #5- Giants

<< <i>My NEW top 5 list...

#1- Tennessee
    #2- Indy
    #3- Carolina
    #4- Baltimore
    #5- Giants >>

Funny that Pittsburgh has beaten Baltimore twice (just last week was one of them, by the way-in Baltimore) and you have the Ravens ahead of them. Kind of shortsighted if you ask me. Indy doesn't belong at 2, either...

<< <i>

<< <i>My NEW top 5 list...

#1- Tennessee
    #2- Indy
    #3- Carolina
    #4- Baltimore
    #5- Giants >>

Funny that Pittsburgh has beaten Baltimore twice (just last week was one of them, by the way-in Baltimore) and you have the Ravens ahead of them. Kind of shortsighted if you ask me. Indy doesn't belong at 2, either... >>

Your a haunt! Leave me alone image

I KNEW you were going to freak when I put this list up! image
  • "Funny that Pittsburgh has beaten Baltimore twice (just last week was one of them, by the way-in Baltimore) and you have the Ravens ahead of them. Kind of shortsighted if you ask me."

Let me ask you "gosteelers":
    *Will you pick the Steelers to win again when they face Baltimore in the playoffs?

Each of those two Pitt/Balt games ended in a virtual tie -- Pitt will NOT win the 3rd time.

As they say, "The third time's the charm." Get ready for a Steeler "melt down".
    You guys are hilarious. How many times does Pittsburgh have to beat Baltimore for you to get it that they are better? You guys should be voters in the college polls. You would vote Oklahoma ahead of Texas even though Texas beat Oklahoma ON THE FIELD (just like the idiot voters in real life did). Beating somebody twice doesn't matter though, right? Flawed logic at it's best on these boards. That's way as Softparade put it, these boards could be much better...
    I am going to put it this way the Colts are the best team in football even with a bad defense. See you Giant fans in the Super Bowl

gosteelers I guess the Colts will proof they are better then yall when they beat yall again in the playoffs!!!
  • "How many times does Pittsburgh have to beat Baltimore for you to get it that they are better?"

My simple answer: 3 -- yes 3, since the first two were virtual ties ...

Now, a simple question for you gosteelers:

Will you pick the Steelers to win again when they face Baltimore in the playoffs?

<< <i>"How many times does Pittsburgh have to beat Baltimore for you to get it that they are better?"

My simple answer: 3 -- yes 3, since the first two were virtual ties ...

Now, a simple question for you gosteelers:

Will you pick the Steelers to win again when they face Baltimore in the playoffs? >>

...and to answer you, yes, the Steelers will win if they face them a 3rd time.
  • "...and to answer you, yes, the Steelers will win if they face them a 3rd time. "

Hmmmm, I don't know about that. I believe this very issue was addressed in the Bible. And I quote:
    It's easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle than for the Steelers to beat the Ravens 3 times in one season.

I don't recall the exact chapter and verse ...