Home Precious Metals

Teletradedirect Dinking Me Around On Shipping My Order....

Something to think about if you are thinking of ordering from TeletradeDirect.

I placed a bullion order the 13th and my check cleared the 19th. I call them up on the 21st and he tells me it will ship out that day or the 24th at the latest. I call on the 24th to confirm it was shipped and he tells me it will go out later in the day or the 25 at the latest. I e-mail him today and he tells me it will go out later tonight or tomorrow morning. I e-mailed him back asking if the item was even in stock and asked about the delay but received no response.....WTF !!! This will be my last order with them as I don't like playing games with liars image

Comments

• fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    I think the bullion dept is simply a one or two person setup.
    I only get emails from Gil and once from someone named Ira if I remember right.

Once you pay you need to give them a week to basically dink around
    as other things came first. Next you should email once and ask for
    a tracking number. This makes them at least get the label ready.

Then a few days later it ships. It usually took two to three weeks for
    it to arrive.. even with fast forms of payment.

I am quite pleased with them... as I fully remember ordering something
    used to take 4-6 weeks for delivery.

Patience is they key. No where on the website did they say they
    would ship immediately. Gil is probably busy and doing the best he
    can.
  • Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭
    Gil should get off his azz and ship my order just like he said he would do the 21st !!! If he did not plan on shipping my order he should have told me so. Lying to your paying customers is not a good way to run a business image
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,898 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Gil should get off his azz and ship my order just like he said he would do the 21st !!! If he did not plan on shipping my order he should have told me so. Lying to your paying customers is not a good way to run a business image >>

One guy runs the place. He was at the big National show last week so nothing has been happening in the last few days. It is a very understaffed operation.
    "It is a very understaffed operation."

That is too bad as he has just lost one of his larger paying customers. I will not be shy on sharing my thoughts on this poorly executed transaction in the future to anyone who seeks info on them.

• << <i>
    That is too bad as he has just lost one of his larger paying customers. >>

How do you know you are one of their larger customers?
    Were you buying a 6 figure lot or something?
    From your post it seems like this was your first order with them...so naturally, from their point of view you are not one of their largest customers.
    Mark Piersall
    Random Collector
    www.marksmedals.com
  • ajbaumanajbauman Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭
    At least you received a response from Gil... I sent him several emails and never even got a reply and that was with my first order about 4 weeks ago.

I did finally receive my order, but I wasn't very please either.
    Buying £2 Britannias

<< <i>

<< <i>
    That is too bad as he has just lost one of his larger paying customers. >>

How do you know you are one of their larger customers?
    Were you buying a 6 figure lot or something?
    From your post it seems like this was your first order with them...so naturally, from their point of view you are not one of their largest customers. >>

Not my first order and I don't think my 1,000 ounce orders were on the lower half of their customer base. I did not say LARGEST I said LARGER.

• << <i>"It is a very understaffed operation."

That is too bad as he has just lost one of his larger paying customers. I will not be shy on sharing my thoughts on this poorly executed transaction in the future to anyone who seeks info on them. >>

I call bullchit. You are just a flipper. You buy 1,000 ounces on the cheap and sell them a few at a time on ebay and enjoy a 25% profit. Your "last order" with these people? Highly unlikely.image Who is gonna be your new "supplier"?

<< <i>

<< <i>"It is a very understaffed operation."

That is too bad as he has just lost one of his larger paying customers. I will not be shy on sharing my thoughts on this poorly executed transaction in the future to anyone who seeks info on them. >>

I call bullchit. You are just a flipper. You buy 1,000 ounces on the cheap and sell them a few at a time on ebay and enjoy a 25% profit. Your "last order" with these people? Highly unlikely.image Who is gonna be your new "supplier"? >>

The fact of the matter is that he has flat out lied to me twice on the phone and probably again in the e-mail. Does it matter what I'm doing with these ? 25% profit ?image My new supplier will hopefully be an honest one. Why are you always such an ******* ?

• << <i>

<< <i>

I call bullchit. You are just a flipper. You buy 1,000 ounces on the cheap and sell them a few at a time on ebay and enjoy a 25% profit. Your "last order" with these people? Highly unlikely.image Who is gonna be your new "supplier"? >>

The fact of the matter is that they have outrite lied to me twice on the phone and probably again in the e-mail. Does it matter what I'm doing with these ? 25% profit ?image My new supplier will hopefully be an honest one. Why are you always such an ******* ? >>

Sorry pal, its just hard to feel bad for you when all you care about doing is making a buck of the next shmuck. When the guy who comes in here talking about getting shafted for 100 ounces of silver for his personal stash, then I will feel bad. I couldnt care less about deals gone sour for flippers like you.image

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

The fact of the matter is that they have outrite lied to me twice on the phone and probably again in the e-mail. Does it matter what I'm doing with these ? 25% profit ?image My new supplier will hopefully be an honest one. Why are you always such an ******* ? >>

Sorry pal, its just hard to feel bad for you when all you care about doing is making a buck of the next shmuck. When the guy who comes in here talking about getting shafted for 100 ounces of silver for his personal stash, then I will feel bad. I couldnt care less about deals gone sour for flippers like you.image >>

Blow it out your *** you ******* *******image
  • Of course, you are the guy who once offered me $150 (shipped) for this parcel of coins I listed on the BST. You are everything that is wrong with this hobby.image

<< <i>Of course, you are the guy who once offered me $150 (shipped) for this parcel of coins I listed on the BST. You are everything that is wrong with this hobby.image >>

Why would you bring this up as most of the members in that thread were against your stupidity. I was one of the higher bidders image

Clicky

• << <i>

<< <i>Of course, you are the guy who once offered me $150 (shipped) for this parcel of coins I listed on the BST. You are everything that is wrong with this hobby.image >>

Why would you bring this up as most of the members in that thread were against your stupidity. I was one of the higher bidders image

Clicky >>

Anyone who knows anything about classic coins would spot that 1807 half dollar as being worth $150 BY ITSELF! You offered me $150 for the lot. It revealed plenty about your integrity.image So excuse me for not feeling all "broken up" because you cant flip your silver quick enough.
    I never asked for anyones sympathy, I was just posting my latest experience with Teletradedirect. I think that my $150.00 offer (which was actually higher than most offers) for what looked to be a scrap lot of coins is what this is all about. You have been an absolute ass to me ever since, or maybe this is just your true identity ? Get a grip, get over it, find a new life and move on.
  • MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

<< <i>At least you received a response from Gil... I sent him several emails and never even got a reply and that was with my first order about 4 weeks ago.

I did finally receive my order, but I wasn't very please either. >>

Well there seems to be a pattern developing here because as I told a member here about a month agao. I too had a problem with delivery as well as when I received the product was not very pleased. Whats worse is the excuses or lack of reason for sending me RAP with a capitol C in front. So I send it back after emailing the "Prez" who tries to excuse his way out of just owning up to lousy quality control including shipping time. I wait and wait and wait.. no one emails to say they received the returned product.. so I email and get a reply of we havent received the return yet.. well I had already tracked and knew it was delivered the prior week.... so someone got of their BASS after I sent the tracking email and I get a reply that says I 'JUST" got it from the "shipping department"... YEAH!.... My next shipment was delayed for no apparent reason other than the "shipping department".. Well lets just say they leave ALOT to be desired in customer satisfaction... I might suggest first of all "admiting there is a problem" then they might be able to get their stuff together.. Until then the only thing they have going for them is price.
  • This has been an ongoing situation with Teletrade and there have been numerous threads on them.

Bad service, bad communication, poor customer relations at every level.

Shouldn't came as any surprise to anyone who has read this.

There are a couple of internet dealers like this and both have been discussed ad nauseum. Should add the Perth Mint to the list as they are about to go under along with customer's delivery funds.

Gecko and I have been at both ends of the spectrum, sometimes I agree with him and sometimes I just can't bring myself to find a median point.

Having said that; when it comes to flippers, while he may use language I likely wouldn't, I couldn't agree with him more.

No, I am not singling out any particular poster here, not at all. There are a few of them.

Those who know me, those who have talked to me, know very well how I feel about flippers.

You want silver delivered quickly from someone with a 100% record over many years, I've got an ad on the BST thread. No, you won't be able to stick your e-Bay customers for as much, but you can get it in rapid fashion with constant communication. There are others who are just as reliable as I am, I'd say most folks around here would qualify. It's simply a matter of caring about people/your customers. Always happy to help people starting out their hoard, not inclined to help flippers.

I've got a batch of assorted Pandas coming from Europe in 10 days or so, if I happen to get a rarer one, you can bet Gecko will be the first to hear from me.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Rare pandas rule!image
    i am kinda now feeling bad for collector. silver is selling itself right
    now on ebay.. everyone is home doing buy it nows with the live.com
    thing. here i thought it was getting slow but 3 rolls have sold in the
    last 3 hours.

<< <i>i am kinda now feeling bad for collector. silver is selling itself right
    now on ebay.. everyone is home doing buy it nows with the live.com
    thing. here i thought it was getting slow but 3 rolls have sold in the
    last 3 hours. >>

You just had to rub it in, didn't you... image
    teletrade has added an order status link on their main bullion page
    for tracking orders.

<< <i>teletrade has added an order status link on their main bullion page
    for tracking orders. >>

Yes, I see that they did. It would have also been nice if they would provide a tracking number instead of just the shipping label date.
  • OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    Great my order is shown "on hold" after I was told last Friday it was ready to ship and going out Monday in the a.m.
    This was my first order with TTD and if this is the way the yank their customers around it will be my last.
    I wouldn't be upset if they were honest and said delivery would be X more days but don't make a promise and then break it. Poor way to treat your customers.
  • fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I paid Teletrade for two seperate orders with one check. They only sent me one of my two orders. I called Teletradedirect and left talked to one of the bullion guys. It took a few minutes, but they figured out the problem and mailed my second order out very promptly.
    "I wouldn't be upset if they were honest and said delivery would be X more days but don't make a promise and then break it. Poor way to treat your customers."

Bingo !

<< <i>"I wouldn't be upset if they were honest and said delivery would be X more days but don't make a promise and then break it. Poor way to treat your customers."

Bingo ! >>

image What He Said!
  • JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    Here is my thoughts on this:

I see lots of members complain about lots of dealers quite frequently. It makes me scratch my head to be honest. I have been buying stuff online
    (not just coins) since the internet came to be. From my experience, companies have a certain way of doing things that they follow through on about 95% of the time.
    So if you aren't happy with the product or service, there is an excellent chance you won't be the next time either. why screw around? You have a plethora of dealers to choose from. Pick one that meets your standards and save the energy required to complain about something that probably won't change anyway. Now, that's not to say that in some cases the squeaky wheel won't get the grease, but is this really worth it? These comments are not in any way meant to dis TT, which I believe is a fine company.
    I am also not saying that if a company is blatantly negligent in false advertising or anything else of a serious nature that you should ignore it, but most of the issues I see
    on here are relatively minor or reflect the buyers high expectations. If a vendor doesn't meet these expectations, find one that does.

John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• Amen on that, John!

Your crew is simply the best, IMHO.

My hat is off to George for a recent purchase I made, in particular.
    The order arrived today and I must say that they are so beautiful I hate to sell them. Much better than the 2008 olympic design !

• halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    The order arrived today and I must say that they are so beautiful I hate to sell them. Much better than the 2008 olympic design !

Got my order from TT this week. They are some good looking coins.

Does anyone know when 2010 Olympic Maples will be issued? TT has been pre-selling these for a while now.

Regards,

John
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I placed an order with them and it took me around 3 weeks. I called them after my check cleared and they said they held the coins for 10 days since I sent a check and I'm a new customer, which is okay just like anyone taking a personal check. Had I wanted it shipped yesterday I sould have sent a cashiers check. They told me that as I get to be a established customer the order would ship much sooner. So how may people take personal checks and ship right away? No one in their right minds IMO and just because I can see the check cleared doesn't mean the dealer can. JMO

<< <i>I placed an order with them and it took me around 3 weeks. I called them after my check cleared and they said they held the coins for 10 days since I sent a check and I'm a new customer, which is okay just like anyone taking a personal check. Had I wanted it shipped yesterday I sould have sent a cashiers check. They told me that as I get to be a established customer the order would ship much sooner. So how may people take personal checks and ship right away? No one in their right minds IMO and just because I can see the check cleared doesn't mean the dealer can. JMO >>

This was not my first order with them as I have placed several. My whole point of this thread was the fact that he had lied to me on the phone twice. It ended up shipping out the later day that was quoted the 3rd time I contacted him by e-mail.
  • OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    I am a new customer. I paid with a check. I asked when the order would ship. I was told one thing. That turned out not to be true. The point is customer service. Don't say one thing and do another. It ticks people off and rightly so. If it is going to take a month, fine. Say so. But do not promise flowers and hand me a bag of manure and some seeds.
    It just seems to be FACT that they dont have any established rules or guide lines. They dont do what they say they are going to do or just say anything ti hang up the phone or reply to an email. And in my case did'nt know or care which way the sun shined! that being said they are still a buyers place to obtain metals at a good price [in the current market] at this time. Over time they will loose customers to competition that meets the needs/desires of customers. Even a good price has a "price" to pay for that..in this case.. lame or no service!image
  • It says mine was shipped on Wednesday, but it didnt come today.

I agree that the Maple Leafs are beautiful. I like them better then even the ASE's. The queen's picture on the front has a proof like look. Very nice coins, but it seems that ASE's are what everyone wants.