Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Live.com Microsoft Cashback - Instant

No waiting on your Cashback. Just made two purchases (25% Cashback) and as soon as I paid, the rebate was applied to my PayPal account. Makes purchasing BIN's at current market a simple choice.

I'm not sure how long this is effect for, but I'm not complaining.

Now, off to look for the Sony wireless home entertainment system I've been hunting for.

Comments

• Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    I just bought about $700 worth of stuff for my business and the 'cashback' was INSTANTLY in my Paypal account.

NICE!
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Were the transactions on eBay or other sites. I'm still waiting on $45 that probably won't hit until January. image
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    Mine was Ebay.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options

<< <i>I just bought about $700 worth of stuff for my business and the 'cashback' was INSTANTLY in my Paypal account.

NICE! >>

Did you use a credit card, bank transfer, or paypal balance? Do you think it would matter to get it instantly? And have you used the cashback before? Maybe they are doing it for people that have used it before. As a first time user, I wonder if I would have to wait the 60 days
  • Options
    Maybe is it for those of us who have used it before.
    Oh,
    I used a CC for this item.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    I used my remaining PP balance and then a CC on my purchases. My previous Cashbacks are still penging however.
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Just made 3 purchases and got 2 cashbacks immediately. I guess the other went to my account.
  • Options
    sounds great how can I get cash back?
  • Options
    onebamafanonebamafan Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    Also curious, for first time users or already members with or w/o pending cashbacks. Thanks..........................
  • Options
    onebamafanonebamafan Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    double...............
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    does BIN apply for any cards on e-bay or only cards found in search string you pasted in above thread?

j
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    Okay I signed up for a Live account, used the search, and found a BIN item. Do I have to purchase it before I see the discount? I want to be sure I'm getting it...
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    I bought something on 11/20 and it went to the typical pending mode in my cashback account
  • Options
    I just used it and it said 60 days just like it did before.
  • Options
    I just used it to buy a case of 2008 Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects and I got $159.00 instantly credited to my account. NICE!!!!!
    kshorton says: i gots an Empire State Building card... seeking advice.. is this better and worth more than my psa 3 franco harris 1973 topps card which i defouled by trying to make a baby with ? Please advise. the franco card is graded.. the ESB card is not yet, and I do not want to have a baby with the ESB card.
  • Options
    8 days since my last cashback purchase and it's still not showing up...
  • Options
    I still do not believe the "instant" part. Just used it again and says it will be available on January 24th, 2009.
  • Options
    I used it twice yesterday, One was instant cashback the other was 60 days.. It seems they just choose random purchases to offer the instant rebate on.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone ever tried to use this in a dutch auction? I want to purchase (5) MP3 players off a guy who has dozens available. I was wondering if I select the quantity of 5, if it would give me the cashback on all of them as one purchase. I don't see why it wouldn't, but I was wondering if anyone has tried this yet.
  • Options

<< <i>Has anyone ever tried to use this in a dutch auction? I want to purchase (5) MP3 players off a guy who has dozens available. I was wondering if I select the quantity of 5, if it would give me the cashback on all of them as one purchase. I don't see why it wouldn't, but I was wondering if anyone has tried this yet. >>

Yes it will work, One of my purchases yesterday was this type I just updated the quanity before hitting buy it now and it worked fine..
  • Options
    The instant-ness is still going on. A buddy of mine just made two identical but seperate purchases on ebay. Each for a Nintendo Wii. Each off the same seller. Each were paid for through Paypal using direct transfer from a credit card. The first one came up with 60-day wait for cashback, but on the second one he got instant cashback transfered into his Paypal account. Must be totally random.
  • Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    Has anyone in Canada tried and succeeded in using the cashback?

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    Just bought a $165 item and got $41 and change in instant cashback.
  • Options
    Not sure if anyone has heart about this yet, but on December 1st it's expected to go up to 30% Cashback. I'm assuming it's because that's the internet's "Black Monday".
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I just want to say THANKS AGAIN for informing me of the LIVE.COM 25% rebate.

My daughter wanted a WII gaming system for Christmas. I found one on eBay for a decent BIN price of $295.00. I used my 10% eBay coupon and saved $29.00 and I have a Live.Com rebate in the sum of $74.00 being processed as we speak. That was a total of a little more than one-third off. GREAT DEAL!

Doug

I am SURE that I can find some cards to buy with that $74.00. LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I just purchased (5) Sansa 8GB MP3 players for all of my Groomsmen in my wedding. I received $111.24 INSTANT cashback in my Paypal account!! SWEET!!
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I think the key to the "instant" cash back is how many transactions you've got left. Out of the 12 uses of the Live cashback deal, my last 4 were instant cash back.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I used it again this AM for the 8th time. Did not get instant cashback, instead it says it will be deposited in my paypal account in 60 days. I don't know what triggers the "instant". So far, I've received over $1,000 in cashback and none of it has been instant.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    I used it for the 9th time yesterday to buy a '53 Mantle PSA 3.5 and the cashback was instant which was the first time it has been instant for me.
  • Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    It's back up to 30% as of today and my transaction is pending. image

Does anyone know if canceled transactions count against your uses?
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options

<< <i>Does anyone know if canceled transactions count against your uses? >>

They do not.

• Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭

<< <i>Out of the 15 uses of the Live cashback deal >>

I thought you could only use the MS Cashback 12 times?
  • Options

<< <i>I thought you could only use the MS Cashback 12 times? >>

You're right, I don't know where the 15 came from.

I also take back my observations, as my wife just got instant cash back on her 2nd use of the program. Maybe it's all instant today?

• Options
    DerekDDerekD Posts: 388 ✭✭
    Where does it say there is a maximum number of uses? I asked them and they only said there was a $2500 max with no limit on the number of transactions.

<< <i>

<< <i>I thought you could only use the MS Cashback 12 times? >>

You're right, I don't know where the 15 came from.

I also take back my observations, as my wife just got instant cash back on her 2nd use of the program. Maybe it's all instant today? >>

• Options

<< <i>Cashback Program
    The Microsoft Live Search Cashback Program provides cashback for up to 12 qualifying purchases per account on www.ebay.com. The amount of cashback will be determined by eBay, specified at the time of checkout on the "purchase review page" and equal to a percentage of the sale price (excluding shipping and handling fees, insurance fees and other such fees) ("Cashback Rewards"). The maximum amount of Cashback Rewards per qualifying purchase is $200.00 USD. In addition, all Cashback Rewards (including Cashback Rewards earned in connection with purchases made on websites other than www.eBay.com) are subject to the annual $2,500.00 per person cap set forth in the Program Terms.
    >>

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I just used it even though I can't afford anything. I picked up a George Scott 66 topps rookie PSA 9 for a BIN of $72 plus free shipping. Got $22 back instantly. I have a question though. This instant thing is just screaming for scammers to sell stuff to friends who then reimburse them in cash. How are they averting that?
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    woot

just got instant cashback !!
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    goyegoye Posts: 454 ✭✭
    mmmmmm

next time.....
    1985-86 O Pee Chee PSA 910 Hockey
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    just used it again to buy '56 Williams and '60 Mantle but it wasn't instant. It was a little different however, in that it said it would be deposited in my paypal account WITHIN 60 days and I didn't need to request it.
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. I used the Live Cashback the other day and both payments are pending the 60 days. I just used it five more times tonight. Two were instant and three are pending the 60 days.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. I used the Live Cashback the other day and both payments are pending the 60 days. I just used it five more times tonight. Two were instant and three are pending the 60 days. >>

I hear ya. One yesterday was instant and one today was 60 days - just odd.
  • Options
    I just made a purchase, it said I received 30% off. I paid for the item with BIN and no deal was applied. Did I miss a step?

Dave D.
  • Options
    What Dave said......I did the same thing

Logged in at live.com

did a search.....

found an item.....

did the buy it now.......

when i went to process out.....NO DISCOUNT?

Any "helpful" suggestions

thanks much goye

• Options
    Goye,

It said I got the discount but nothing happened after that. Maybe because they used a different checkout?????? I don't know. I'll try again. It was a $40 item for this try. I'll try on cards when I know it works.
  • Options
    dave.....

likewise about the 30%......

thats the 2nd time Ive tried but havent made it through the process of actually recieving any cashback ????

go figure............

goye

EDITED TO ADD:

FAQ's suggested email Ebay for customer assistance......LOL
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This instant thing is just screaming for scammers to sell stuff to friends who then reimburse them in cash. How are they averting that? >>

Actually, there is a statement in the "rules" that states and cancelled or returned items using "instant" cashback will be charged back to the buyer's PayPal account.
  • Options
    Anyone determine what gets the instant cashback???????????????
  • Options
    It seems random so far.

• Options
    Yeah, for the life of me I can't figure out the randomness. A friend of mine made 4 purchases today, and two came back with instant cash back. All 4 purchases were the same item, different sellers, paid for using the same method. Who knows... I love it when it happens though!! Gotta love this cash back program!!