Home Precious Metals

Buffaloes or Buffaloed--As in "Did your Mint order get shipped?"

Three buffalo Mint orders ordered on 11/10 around 10PM, shipped today 11/22/08...finally.

More ordered on 11/13 and 11/21.

11/13 orders "in stock and reserved" cancel box gone.
And I ain't lying this time.

Comments

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    11/14 & 11/16 .... still on hold & reserved....
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • bumanchubumanchu Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭

This thread is also meant to be forward looking.
  • DeloreanDelorean Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    I placed my order for proof 1/10th buffalo's on 11/15 and they shipped yesterday..I see they are soldout at the mint now.
    Chuck,

Ever Onward
    The 1 oz & 1/10 oz Proof are sold out
    The 1/4 & 1/10 oz Unc are also sold out.
  • All three of my orders, 1 of plats, and 2 of buffs and fractional buffs are listed as being processed.

Cancel box is gone and my CC has been hammered on all three.

I got an email on all three giving me a shipping date for early this week.

This is after several delays during the last 3 weeks.

My guess is that they are going to be shipped, finally.

"Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • I canceled my orders for the 4 coin Unc and Proof sets. Too much cash to tie up right now.
  • Placed my order on 11/10 for $5 proof and uncirculated the proof shipped out on 11/22, and the uncirculated is still on backorder.
  • fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭

My 1/10 uncirc Buffalo's from 11/11 did not ship with the rest of the order.

My cancel button is gone for orders placed 11/14 & 11/16 image
  • Seems like the Uncs were the ones that were delayed. All mine were Uncs.

The proofs seem to ship while the Uncs sit.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    Just received my three 1/4 unc's that shipped 11/22!!

I ordered them individually, BTW.

Edited to correct date
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered the platinum 1 oz, got a tracking number in an email from the mint. Problem is, tracking number is no good. And a call to the mint, useless. They tell me to wait up to three weeks. I may not be ordering from the mint again, with customer service like this, forget it.

And I may be doing a chargeback on the old charge card.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Got the two Buff orders today, just now. Yeah!

Still waiting on the Plats. Being processed the site says.

<< <i>I ordered the platinum 1 oz, got a tracking number in an email from the mint. Problem is, tracking number is no good. And a call to the mint, useless. They tell me to wait up to three weeks. I may not be ordering from the mint again, with customer service like this, forget it.

And I may be doing a chargeback on the old charge card. >>

That tracking no. most likely is a FEDEX # .... have you tried them?

<< <i>Seems like the Uncs were the ones that were delayed. All mine were Uncs.

The proofs seem to ship while the Uncs sit. >>

Not so ... mine were the proofs ...
    Problem is, tracking number is no good. And a call to the mint, useless.

If it's a tracking number for Registered Mail, that's expected. Online tracking never works for Registered.

• << <i>

<< <i>Seems like the Uncs were the ones that were delayed. All mine were Uncs.

The proofs seem to ship while the Uncs sit. >>

Not so ... mine were the proofs ... >>

Guess you were just one of the lucky ones.

The Mint is just a crap shoot, the Buff orders were placed 2 weeks after my Plats and the plats are still "being processed". They hit my CC last week early and the cancel button has long been gone.

<< <i>Problem is, tracking number is no good. And a call to the mint, useless.

If it's a tracking number for Registered Mail, that's expected. Online tracking never works for Registered. >>

The labeling on the packages I received today look like nothing I have received from the Mint before, UPS-MI (UPS Mail Innovations) with a tracking numer of :

UMS1_(then an 8 digit number that has no relation to my order number)_my zipcode

I cannot tell what is inside from anything printed on the outside !!!

Interesting new twist.......

The number is referenced on the track order function on the Mint catalog website however.

<< <i>

If it's a tracking number for Registered Mail, that's expected. Online tracking never works for Registered. >>

The labeling on the packages I received today look like nothing I have received from the Mint before, UPS-MI (UPS Mail Innovations) with a tracking numer of :

UMS1_(then an 8 digit number that has no relation to my order number)_my zipcode

I cannot tell what is inside from anything printed on the outside !!!

Interesting new twist.......

The number is referenced on the track order function on the Mint catalog website however. >>

Yes, I've noticed also that the Mint has changed to UPS from USPS for some of their shipping options.
    Yeah they switched to UPS and I had a lovely 54 mile trip to get a package they sent via UPS to my PO Box address. After all these decades, those computers just can't figure that one out...

I can even track foreign registereds.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Just received my buffalo today via UPS, shipped out on Saturday. Still waiting for my backorder's to become available.

• << <i>Just received my buffalo today via UPS, shipped out on Saturday. Still waiting for my backorder's to become available. >>

My Buffs came yesterday, shipped on Saturday, but they were via Fed-Ex. image
  • I got my one set two days ago.

Received 4 coin unc set from Fed Ex today! ordered 11/13 shipped 11/25 per parcel label but Mint tracking says 11/26??

and 2 x $5 Unc PCGS MS69 FS and 2 x $5 PCGS PF69DCAM FS from fleabay purchases....
    Today my 1/10th Uncirc. that was on backorder says No Longer Available.
    Tracking bit the big one in the bum, but the coin appeared all the whiles today at least.

Well.................
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Buff orders placed on Nov. 22 were shipped in a couple of days.

My Buff orders placed on Nov. 24 were shipped in 3 weeks. The unc set looked as if it had been opened before.

All the others looked fresh.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.