Home Metal Detecting
Options

Ben Franklin was homeless

Ben Franklin found a new home today. I was in the middle of my morning walk and jog and noticed a greenish piece of paper sticking out of a pile of leaves that had blow up against a bush. I looked closer and saw a 100. I pulled it out and there he was. That's the first one for me. I walked around that block three more times just to see if he might have had a twin brother. I'll take good care of him.

Comments

• Options
    Very nice!
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    LOL...WTG
    Good Eye

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    Damn, I thought you meant you found a coin!
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice find..........Lets see,Washington was toothless so im going to walk around the block six times.
    Wish me luckimage

Al
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice find. I have found a number of dollar bills, and a few 5 dollar bills outside, but never anything larger than that.
  • Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey,thanks for finding that for me.I lost one of those near that bush.I forgot to write down the serial number though.image

Just kidding.Very nice find.I found four twenties folded together laying on the floor in the bar that i used to hang out in years ago.Didn't get to keep it though.Other than that, five is the largest note i've ever found on the ground.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice find... I have found singles, fives, tens and twenties... never a hundred. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Nice eye. I have found a $50 at home depot about a month ago on the parking lot right outside my car door. I was so happy i found it I almost didn't even go into the store. The last thing I found before that was 7 one dollar bills on the street. While I was driving I spotted a one dollar bill blow in front of my car. I stopped and backed up got out and ended up with $7 found on the street and in the grass. I think I bought 2 gallons of gas with itimage
    image I keep a census on Hawaii Error notes, Radars, Repeaters, Hawaii Stars (all denominations), Low serials, 6 of a kind, 7 of a kind, Canceled notes, AC blocks, ZB blocks, FC blocks, Uncut sheets and Late plates. If you have any information you would like to share please PM me. Thanks.image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would adopt a stray Benjamin, and give him a good home. Briefly, until he went to live somewhere else.

Astounding luck! Worthy of a Wild Card win, I would say.

(Howdy, Digpeoples. Just a quick hit-n'-run visit, and then I am gone again. I haven't given up on my treasure hunting dreams, tho'. I'll be back at it again before the New Year, I'm sure.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.