Home Precious Metals
Options

The Amero: Bullion Coins of the Union of North America

I thought this would be an appropriate post on the day the G-20 meet to discuss a possible new world financial order.

The North American Union is a supranational organization, modeled on the European Union, that will soon fuse Canada, the United States, and Mexico into a single economic and political unit. The details are still being worked out by the countries' leaders, but the NAU's central governing body will have the power to nullify the laws of its member states. Goods and people will flow among the three countries unimpeded, aided by a network of continent-girdling superhighways. The US and Canadian dollars, along with the peso, will be phased out and replaced by a common North American currency called the amero.

If you haven't heard about the NAU, that may be because its plotters have succeeded in keeping it secret. Republican presidential candidate and Texas congressman Ron Paul has made the North American Union one of his central issues. Paul's fellow Republican congressman Virgil Goode introduced a congressional resolution early this year to block the creation of the NAU and the "NAFTA Superhighway System."

The idea for a North American currency union was first proposed in 1999 by Canadian economist Herbert G. Grubel.[1] A senior fellow of the conservative Fraser Institute think-tank, he published a book titled The Case for the Amero in September 1999, the year that the euro became a virtual currency. Another Canadian think-tank, the C.D. Howe Institute, advocates the creation of a shared currency between Canada and the United States.

After the report came out, center-left nationalist groups in Canada expressed their opposition to any currency union because they view it as an attempt by American businesses to gain access to Canada's extensive natural resources while dismantling the nation's social services. The 100,000 member strong Council of Canadians, a progressive advocacy group, has declared one of its central issues to be the threat of "deep integration".

Dr. Robert Pastor, in a 2001 book, suggested a common currency should be a foundation of "macro economic cooperation" among the three NAFTA countries.

One argument is that it would save up to $3 billion in currency transactions. The same authors also stated that Canada's GDP could rise by up to 33 percent in a 20-year period given the adoption of a single currency.

The idea of a common currency has historically been unpopular in English speaking Canada, in comparison to the province of Quebec where it has received more support. A 2001 opinion poll found that in Quebec over 50 percent of respondents favored the idea of a shared currency, while in the rest of Canada a majority of respondents opposed the idea.

The possibility of a monetary merger has also been discussed in Mexico as a natural step to take after NAFTA.[10] Former Mexican president Vicente Fox echoed that view and expressed his hope for a greater integration of Canada, Mexico and the United States, including an eventual monetary union, whilst on a 2007 promotional tour for his book "Revolution of Hope."

Lou Dobbs, a reporter and commentator for CNN, has suggested a "North American Union" is being implemented, without the knowledge and consent of the majority of the people who would be affected by this. This Union, he and others claim, would include a common currency.

imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?

Comments

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "details are still being worked out by the countries' leaders, but the NAU's central governing body will have the power to nullify the laws of its member states. "

Nullify the laws of its member states?? Hmmm.... thought the Constitution limited powers to the US government, and protected state's rights. But then again.... the Constitution IS just a piece of paper... and seems to mean less all the time in this day and age....
    ----- kj
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some type of combined NA union in the future seems very probable. The dollar can't survive in its current format and value. As a minimum it will be formally devalued or merged into a new North American "dollar" format.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Constitution, smonstitution, nobody reads that thing.

The "Bill of Rights" will be renamed the "Bill of Lefts" after the social-democrats modify it.

G20

Ren
  • Options
    Sowing the seeds of a civil war.

Forget about riots, civil wars looks more likely in our future.

If you need to see the battle lines, they've already been drawn.

Just take a look at the 2008 voting map that shows it by county.

The deliniation is clear.

I don't believe the media has yet got a clue to the offended rage that is brewing.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    Mr. Deadhorse, will I be ok in California if there is a civil war? We Californians are tough like you Texans right???
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    Snopes

The Amero is a coin that is produced at a private mint run by board memebr dcarr.
    I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!
  • Options
    most of know that Dcarr made the coin. Anyone have one?

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options

<< <i>Mr. Deadhorse, will I be ok in California if there is a civil war? We Californians are tough like you Texans right??? >>

You guys will surrender before we get to you. image

OTOH, there are lots of good people in Cali that still believe in the Constitution.

Just need to remove Southern Cal and your politicians and we'll all be better off.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    I have two of his state quarters [south dakota]
    and two of his proof 1000 gold 2008 really nicely made dan does a great job
  • Options
    wayneme, can you post pics of the gold coins?

• Options
    Sorry MKman
    their in the bank lockbox and i'm not real good with a camera
    Dan does have photo's of them on his site just google amero 2008
  • Options

<< <i>"details are still being worked out by the countries' leaders, but the NAU's central governing body will have the power to nullify the laws of its member states. "

Nullify the laws of its member states?? Hmmm.... thought the Constitution limited powers to the US government, and protected state's rights. But then again.... the Constitution IS just a piece of paper... and seems to mean less all the time in this day and age.... >>

a certain someone has spoken about the Constitution in the past tense....sad....
  • Options
    So that does that mean China will get to trade in their dollars on a 1:1 exchange basis?

imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>wayneme, can you post pics of the gold coins? >>

Here are some of them: