Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Lets see some unopened collections....

I know that many people have a ton of unopened packs and boxes...I would love to see everyones stuff.

I figured we can devote a thread to unopened material so that everyone can enjoy whats out there and post pictures of new stuff aquired.
I know Anthony has an amazing collection of unopened packs as does packcollector. Lets share and enjoy.

I'll start...

1972 Topps wax box

3 1973 Topps Wax Boxes

2 1974 Topps Wax Boxes

1975 Topps Cello Box

1975 Topps Rack Packs

1976 Topps Wax Box

1984 and 1985 Topps Football unopened Cellos

1980-81 Basketball

All the Unopened Baseball in One Picture

The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set

Comments

• Do you honestly expect anyone to try and follow those pics?
  • billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Who is the board member who posted pics of his pack collection recently? The collection went back to 1950 I think.

I can't find the thread, but it was pretty impressive.
  • that was griffins....Anthony...

It is simply amazing...I would love to see that again..
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    indeed.

you have the holy grail of 70s unopened cardboard.

holy -ish!!!!!!!!!!!!!

j
    RIP GURU
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    forget it, I can't top that. Awesome!

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

jesus, every nolan ryan card in '75 set represented in the rack packs.....

EPIC

J
    RIP GURU
  • GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    Wow. That is impressive. Totally out of my league.
    mega-SICK collection also.

j
    RIP GURU
  • Griffins collection...amazing just awesome...

• BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    Can't compete with that, but my hot tub is biggerimage
  • fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    If I had Griffins or IJLC's stuff I would just set all my stuff on fire.
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    ahhh. vicarious happiness with exponents. image
  • scotgrebscotgreb Posts: 808 ✭✭✭
    IJustLoveCards -- You have a great collection (many of my favorite baseball years) but even better self control.

I could not get near them without rippin' my brains out. I'd be like a 10-year-old on Christmas morning.

Scott
  • BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    OK since I don't see anywhere that this is a competition to see who has the best stuff I'll share my garbage . image

Enjoy this small collection because you may never see such rare items in one place ever again. image

1994 Star Co Basketball. Thought it would be a sure fire hit. It wasn't.

1988 Topps Football. Remainder of a case that I bought in 1989 for a little under $100. Bo turned super hot and sold most of the boxes for $50 to $75 and of course they tanked as well. Could have bought 84 Topps Football cases at the same price but was stupid.

1987 Topps Football. Bought this with the 88 case plus a cello box (long gone) and a couple rack boxes of 88 football (still have some of those with stars showing). Cost was $5 per wax/cello/rack box.

Super RARE 1990 Score Rak Pak case.

Best of the bunch. image

ugh, I've been outed!
    Here's a few new ones

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

Not much mystery in that Bell Brand pack!

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    I'll play, one year a day starting with 1968, thank god Topps didn't make basketball packs that year image

imageimage

imageimage

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

John, how were the '68 Topps basketball test cards issued?

I believe they were only given to Topps employees as they didn't have a license agreement yet with the players union. Supposedly here is the wrapper they would have used if issued (note the 5 cent price, 1969 cards came out in a 10 cent packs)

muy caliente....

j
    RIP GURU
  • WOW....1933 Sports Kings unopened pack.......nice
    A collector of all things Braves
    Always looking for Chipper Jones cards.
    Im a very focused collector of cards from 1909 - 2012...LOL
    Some of my crap, I'll spare you guys and gals the photos of the rest (80's-90's)

• aconteaconte Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭
    Anthony,

Who is in the Sports King pack? Can you tell?

T
  • Rob,

Please rip me.

Sincerely,
    1979 Rack Tray
    Bill - I ripped 2 79 racks Sunday, not much in them. That wax tray has escaped once again, it's been pretty lucky.
  • ICE9ICE9 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I believe they were only given to Topps employees as they didn't have a license agreement yet with the players union. Supposedly here is the wrapper they would have used if issued (note the 5 cent price, 1969 cards came out in a 10 cent packs)

image >>

Extremely cool. Do you own this wrapper?
    "Must these Englishmen Live That I Might Die? Must They Live That I Might Die?" - The Blue Oyster Cult

<< <i>

<< <i>I believe they were only given to Topps employees as they didn't have a license agreement yet with the players union. Supposedly here is the wrapper they would have used if issued (note the 5 cent price, 1969 cards came out in a 10 cent packs)

image >>

Extremely cool. Do you own this wrapper? >>

unfortunately no, way out of my league

• Okay, it's not much, but it is still a work in progress:
    1975 Topps Wax Tray
    1979 Topps Wax Tray
    1980 Topps Wax Tray

Graded:
    1970 Topps Wax Packs (2)
    1972 Topps Wax Pack
    1973 Topps Wax Pack
    1974 Topps Wax Packs (2)
    1975 Topps Wax Pack
    1978 Topps Wax Pack

1978-1988 ungraded wax packs

More to come from BBCE this week

And full wax boxes (full of packing peanuts image ) 1967 Topps vending, 1969, 1972, 1974, 1975 and 1976
  • TJMACTJMAC Posts: 864 ✭✭
    All I can say is wow! I don't know how you guys can resist not tearing into them. Very nice stuff!!!
  • I usually don't like to brag, but I've got these beauties stored away.

1984 Donruss Action All Stars single pack

1985 Donruss Action All Stars complete box

1987 Topps Yearbook Stickers 3 packs

They're all back in the safe now, as I was able to hold off the urge to open up all those rare, valuable packs.

<< <i>Anthony,

Who is in the Sports King pack? Can you tell?

T >>

Weissmuller.

Love those tray packs!

• Those '75 Racks look fantastic...where did you pick all of those up at?
    1969 packs, anyone have a 1969 FB rack for me?

imageimage

i remember seeing that clemente rack pack somewhere, really cool.

those '69 packs are not cheap for sure.

J
    RIP GURU
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Nice '69 rack!
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com

• larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭
    I opened everything last year. I got nothing left.

I EVEN had a Yo MTV Raps pack which I opened. Not a whole box like the dude above!
  • billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I opened everything last year. I got nothing left.

I EVEN had a Yo MTV Raps pack which I opened. Not a whole box like the dude above! >>

I've heard well-centered Ed Lover RCs are very tough to find.
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Just won this one

This large-sized, vintage tobacco package measures about 4-1/2" x 3" x 1". Its black-colored paper surfaces are decorated by gold-toned inscriptions and logos, including the prominent and familiar "Mayo's" branding. The package has been neatly shrink-wrapped in clear plastic to preserve its shape and integrity; as such, it's impossible to determine with certainty whether the pack has ever been opened (appearances indicate that it has not), or to assess the condition or dating of its tax stamp. An interesting and scarce relic, the piece exhibits presentation quality approximating VG/EX overall, with a few nicks and fissures in the wrapping and general evidence of handling.

• Shrink wrapped........hmm

You going to open it?
    imageimageimage
    ah, 1970. The first year I can remember buying packs. I can even name some of the cards I got from the first pack my Grandma bought me that summer (Blue Moon Odom, Tito Fuentes, Tim Cullen, Tommie Agee...). During the fall my mom won a bunch of money playing slots in the Bahamas, still remember "borrowing" quarters from her make up desk and riding up to the store and buying 1970 FB cello packs.

Sorry for the crappy basketball photo, never took one after they were graded. Both are series 2 and graded GAI 9

My current white whale is a 1970 football rack pack, I can die a happy man after I get one and the Vikings win a Super Bowl, image

imageimage

very tight '70s cardboard.

gl w/ white whale, although I know nothing about '70 football rack packs???

j
    RIP GURU
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Nice stuff, but how did that 70s FB cello pack on the left get a 9.5?? Looks like it has some wrinkles on the cardboard holder??
  • flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    I LOVE unopened. I'll try to play later.

I picked up a '69 Basketball pack from Memory Lane 2 months ago. Graded GAI-8, but not slabbed. I have 4 others that are slabbed.

Big Q is--should I rip it? I am going to start a thread this weekend and take votes on ripping or not.
  • milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    flatfoot - No need to ask in another thread................RIP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
    flatfoot, don't even hint at ripping, if you don't rip they will goad you until you cave. I haven't caved yet, but I will, I'm weak. Save yourself.

<< <i>Nice stuff, but how did that 70s FB cello pack on the left get a 9.5?? Looks like it has some wrinkles on the cardboard holder?? >>

They graded the cellophane pack only, the box had no bearing on the grade. PSA doesn't incapsule the boxes (70, 71 and 72). John

• RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I plan on chewing the "plug" image Probably try to unwrap some of the shrink and feel around in there is cardboard inside, highly doubt it. However there were two Sweet cap packs from the same co-signer in MAstro's that I lost, so maybe they do have cards insideimage