Home Precious Metals
Options

premium on bars

Will there always be a premium on gold bars and 1oz. maples
Today I was offered some 1oz Pamp gold bars for $780 and maples for $800. I see them listed on the bay for $950-up. Just curious if that premium is always there or if its just b/c of the MS cashback thing. I'd like to purchase some gold and this seems like a good price but if the premium is gonna drop of these shortly I can space out my purchases instead of dropping $15K at one time. Offer is good for tomorrow only.
Its all relative

Comments

• Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    That seems like a reasonable premium in the PAMP bar. I've paid $70 over spot here.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    GreeniejrGreeniejr Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭
    Premiums are coming down pretty strong. We just dropped our premiums on Bars significantly so just be aware the supply of Bars is loosening a bit. MLs are still tough though.
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    I bought a few 10 oz gold bars at spot from another dealer but that was when spot gold was in the $350's. Still have em too. Interesting how premiums change eh?
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    some of you older guys who were able to get gold that low are very lucky! I wish I could have been in your shoes!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    The lowest I've paid in the last 12 years or so has been 20 oz's@ $262.50/oz. Still have them.image
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    ok now thats bragging imageimage wow!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

I didn't get in quite that cheaply, but fairly close.

I hesitate to state numbers. Don't want to be called a braggart. image
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff