Home Precious Metals
Options

Somebody can't fill thier orders

2»

Comments

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just heard that a major company is going to default on thier silver contracts.
    Next there will be someone defaulting on gold contracts!!

Someone did something very badimageimage >>

Any facts yet to back this up?
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>..... and the big money will have moved on to the next
    thing that has real value and a possible bubble they can lead the sheep to.

Please tell us fc what will be the next big bubble investment? We're all waiting to hear. Note that stocks, commodities, real estate, bonds, and about everything in the world has cratered....with FRN's pretty much certain to follow at some point. If you want to short the stock market one can always make money with tanking stocks. I prefer to play with markets that have a fundamental reason to rise in value rather than be fodder for TPTB that run the stock markets. And over the past 7 years, rare type coins and numismatic gold coins have done fine for me. While money market funds have lost ground to inflation, rare coins and many gold coins have doubled and tripled in value. And one lesson I've learned over the past 20 years is that it's far easier to make more money holding the right coins (including gold) than settling for the quick profits. While dealers who trade daily are an exception, it typically doesn't work for most seasoned collectors/investors/hobbyists. Settling for 10-20% in a couple months when you could have been looking at 100% in 12-24 months is foolish. And every time you move your money to play "trader" you just increase the chances to end up in the wrong thing at the wrong time. Once you're in the right coins there's no shame in staying put to triple or quadruple up over 5-10 yrs. And if you knew anything about the taxes due on US coin profits, self employment taxes, and other such things, you would know one can get to a 40% effective tax rate without being anywhere near being rich. But it appears senseless to continue to "debate" someone who has seen it all.

roadrunner >>

GREAT Post. One of the best ever Roadrunner. image
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just heard that a major company is going to default on thier silver contracts. Next there will be someone defaulting on gold contracts!!

Someone did something very bad

Any facts yet to back this up?

Not from the OP. Kinda diminishes his credibility on any future posts, in my book.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    I figured the op was talking about COMEX since there are 2 different articles floating around
    about the possibility of it happening. If anybody wants the link I know of one forum where I can go
    get it.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figured the op was talking about COMEX since there are 2 different articles floating around about the possibility of it happening. If anybody wants the link I know of one forum where I can go get it.

I've seen at least one article floating around, but it's no longer important whether or not it's referencing the Comex. The OP bears some responsibility to do more than just initiate speculation in a thread and then walk away.

And for cryin' out loud, there's no reason not to correct the spelling in the title.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    BEAR, "Deflation" now somewhat, and the fed is scared of the Deflation word/effects. However;

The money base grew at at a Nominal (- inflation or inflation adjusted) rate of 43% so far this year on an annual basis.

The Fed fears deflation much more than inflation and to prove that to us they are pumping at a 43% real increase.

Inflation assured down the road ? they are always slow to act in any direction. So might we have a large increase in inflation before

they can muster the political will to cut the power again and slam on the brakes?
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
  • Options
    NumbersUsacom, you are wrong about the Fed. They fear nothing. They know that all they have to do is fk all of us for whatever they need.

And nobody will do anything about it. Nobody will even argue with them except Ron Paul.
  • Options

<< <i>NumbersUsacom, you are wrong about the Fed. They fear nothing. They know that all they have to do is fk all of us for whatever they need.

And nobody will do anything about it. Nobody will even argue with them except Ron Paul. >>

JUST ME AND SMITH & WESSON
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    believe OP is talking about Comex...........
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>believe OP is talking about Comex........... >>

Can't tell what he was talking about. Didn't give any facts.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>NumbersUsacom, you are wrong about the Fed. They fear nothing. They know that all they have to do is fk all of us for whatever they need.

And nobody will do anything about it. Nobody will even argue with them except Ron Paul. >>

JUST ME AND SMITH & WESSON >>

Right. Sure.