Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Stay away from these packs..Not real..Check Last Page

Here is the link on the wrappers he bought

here are the 4 wrappers wrapped up and ready to go

FYI ...with ebays new policy concerning ebay id's even on winning bidders it will make it difficult for us to out people like this
The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the heads up. As a pack collector, I have been watching some of his auctions over the last couple of weeks, but always felt uneasy about buying anything from him. Thank you!
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    What a tool. We should all email him to ask why he bought a bunch of wrappers.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, and if he makes good money, he'll do it more and more.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    The ONLY way to stop these guys, one at a time, is to:

1. Buy something.

2. Do not pay.

3. When the NPB is filed, respond: "I learned that the seller is a pack resealer and a crook selling SNAD items."

4. Leave a NEG and blast the stars.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    Since the guy lists BINs w/o immediate-payment required,
    that is the best way to shut him down quickly.

He will be unlikely not to file a NPB to get his FVFs back.

His 30-day CSR does not need much of a push to bring him
    below 95%. This will result in a bot-generated 30-day suspension.

• Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    We need someone on here who has some wrappers to write something in invisible ink on the inside of the wrapper then eBay them. Hopefully someone like this assclown wins them, reseals them, and then resells them and we can outright expose them for the fraud they are.

Ok, that is a bunch of work for nothing. Said scammer would just startover with another eBay username.

Someone should forward this guys auctions and info to the proper authorities. Someone should be interested in the type of fraud this con is pulling via eBay.
  • Options
    And here is where he bought the '76 commons to make his packs.
    76 commons
  • Options

I used to sell Tiffany and Coach boxes/bags/wrapping paper.

EBAY made me stop. They said folks were buying them and
    putting fake Tiffany/Coach merch inside.

Somebody at T&S needs to have the facts explained to them.
    Maybe they would act.

• Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭
    Storm,
    If that will work i have my wife's account i'd be more than happy to
    get one and do what you listed above,no problem.

J.R.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up. I didn't trust him because he's located in PA....lol image
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for the heads up. I didn't trust him because he's located in PA....lol image >>

/////////////

Midlothian, VA
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i><< Thanks for the heads up. I didn't trust him because he's located in PA....lol >>

/////////////

Midlothian, VA >>

Thanks for that...Duh, I was kinda looking at the auction where he bought the wrappers. I better go up stairs and eat my dinner.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    thanx brain, you reminded me, rube need food,image
  • Options
    IJustLoveCards, great catch, hope it leads to a great deal of harm falling upon all who behave like stephanie coming out of the closet.

Seriously, good catch. I'd like to bid on something and mess with him. But I probably won't.
  • Options
    Good evening,
    Just sent him this question, we'll se if it gives him anything to think about!!
    Neil

Good Day,
    Is it just some cosmic coinsidence that you just bought all of these wrappers with your other E-Bay ID? End these auctions now and cancel all bids or I and several other E-bayer Sellers who are watching you will be gang contacting E-Bay and the authorities in your area of Virginia. Can you say Mail Fraud!!!!. And we know how to figure out your next ID, so be warned!!!!!
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    Anybody who contacts the SCAMMER better put him on their BBL, or he will hit your listings.
  • Options
    ebay has been pretty good lately of taking down fake stuff if you tell the about it.

Just in the last 2 days I have reported 5 different sellers selling unauthorized reprints and had every single one removed (usually within an hour). One guy re-listed the next day, I reported them again, and they were all removed again.
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭
    I asked if i could get a scan of the back and this was the reply

sorry no scanner.....

- everything4sale08 Did this answer your question? If not, let the seller know.

Item and user details
    Item Title: 1976 Topps Baseball Wax Pack
    Item Number: 270293761102
    Item URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270293761102
    End Date: Nov-03-08 10:15:16 PST
    From User: everything4sale08 (34)
    100.0% Positive Feedback
    Member since Sep-23-08 in United States
    Activity with everything4sale08 (last 90 days): I have bid on 0 items from everything4sale08

This message was sent while the listing was active. everything4sale08 is the seller
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    Thanks for reminding me Storm, I added him to my list.
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This guy is also known as overtimecards, one of the most notorious of all resealers on ebay. He has recently created several alt IDs to shill bid and peddle his garbage.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are an alarming number of resealers selling resealed 60s and 70s wax packs of late. Xyzblaster is another one who just listed a ton of packs.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Thinking about sending him a message with this inside:

Interesting to see that you bought exactly 4 wrappers and some commons a while back and are now selling exactly 4 "unopened" packs. You do realize that you can actually be arrested for that don't you. Waiting until you ship them them out of state so that we can get the FBI involved. Take Care
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    He cant be real smart ...especially if he is not covering his tracks...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    I sent him my message from above a few minutes ago.

We'll see how he responds

• Options
    well I decided to throw caution to the wind, was high bidder on first pack and then negged and 1 starred him immediately.

who's next?

• Options
    Good.

Two more fast NEGs or NEUTs and he gets bot-suspended for at least 30-days.

///////////////////////
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    "phony pack resealer - bought wrappers and commons and now selling packs HAHA"

SWEEEET!!
  • Options
    lol got some nice resposes from this guy:

#1: great now i have this email and your name and address. now trust and safety has them and the fact that your bidding and not planning on paying....or planning on paying and "claiming" fraud. yeah thats gonna work when youve already claimed it before you received the item....go ahead and pay for the item so i can get my money. thanks.

#2: Michael just wanted to let you know that what you just did is highly illegal on Ebay. Im on the phone right now with a power seller rep and ive reported you to trust and safety. Feedback abuse is not tolerated on Ebay to bad you will be gone soon GOOD BYE

#3: all emails from you and your paranoid friends have been forwarded to trust and safety. and now there is an investigation on you for FEEDBACK ABUSE.....GOODBYE EBAY POLICY VIOLATOR

LOLOLOL

my reply to him - "That's pretty funny - thanks for playing"
  • Options
    Reply to T&S:

"Immediately after I bought the subject item, I was notified that the
    seller is a notorious seller of fraudulently resealed-packs. The seller
    buys wrappers and cards and makes his own "sealed packs." The
    seller is a criminal and I have notifed LE authorities. EBAY T&S really
    should put a stop to this kind of fraudulent seller."

/////////////////

To keep the NEG FB intact, the buyer MUST respond to any NPB with a
    "negative comment" about the seller or the seller's item.

• Options
    Did you remind him that this can be a Federal crime? I wouldn't take that crap from him, not that you did, but don't let it stop there. Much props for doing this by the way!!
  • Options

<< <i>Reply to T&S:

"Immediately after I bought the subject item, I was notified that the
    seller is a notorious seller of fraudulently resealed-packs. The seller
    buys wrappers and cards and makes his own "sealed packs." The
    seller is a criminal and I have notifed LE authorities. EBAY T&S really
    should put a stop to this kind of fraudulent seller."

/////////////////

To keep the NEG FB intact, the buyer MUST respond to any NPB with a
    "negative comment" about the seller or the seller's item. >>

At this point I'll do whatever I have to LOL

I did send him a question stating my thoughts about 15 minutes before I decided to just go ahead and bid on it.

I doubt the guy has the balls to complain to Ebay about me unless he really wants to open up a can of worms - but maybe he is that stupid.

Also, I got a warning email from vintagetoppsguy to let me know he thought it was a scam as well.

just got another reply from the seller: "ITS ONLY A GAME TO YOU. THANKS FOR LOSING YOUR EBAY ACCESS IN THE PROCESS. ITS COMING IVE BEEN ASSURED BY EBAY GOODBYE PARANOID FREAK"

• Options
    Notice he's not denying that the packs are re-sealed. Bring that up to him. lol
  • Options

<< <i>Notice he's not denying that the packs are re-sealed. Bring that up to him. lol >>

OK image
  • Options
    It certainly appears that EBAY seller everything4sale08 has now been exposed as a "pack resealer."

Resealing packs is FRAUD, and if the Feds are not busy, they will act on complaints.

A call to the police department in the town where EBAY seller everything4sale08
    lives - along with some faxed info about recent prosecutions in similar cases - might
    get some interesting action.

///

• Options
    Dang it zep! I would have joined the party too. Is it too late?
  • Options
    slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    You can always file an IC3 report too: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Did it once when I got ripped off. They sent the police to the dudes home. Must have scared him because I had my money back the next day.
  • Options
    I love how he tried to be sneaky by spreading out the listing times.

You'll also notice that he never claims that the packs are sealed, or unopened. What a jerk.
  • Options
    If you look at his seller feedback, he has a few auctions that are for Mint condition 1979 Topps football stars mixed in with unopened 1979 Topps football packs.
  • Options
    "You can always file an IC3 report too: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx"

////////////////////////////////////

ic3 is a GREAT tool for dealing with these tools.

ic3 largely works on "cumulative reports," but when they are
    not busy - or find an intersting complaint - they sometimes make
    LE referrals on sigle complaints.

/////////

The fact that the instant CRIMINAL is using multiple alts, should
    be mentioned in any ic3 and EBAY complaints.

• Options
    "You'll also notice that he never claims that the packs are sealed, or unopened."

///////////////////////////

The SYIF form line "ORIGINAL" is enough to cook him on the fraud issue.

• Options

<< <i>Dang it zep! I would have joined the party too. Is it too late? >>

He's got more image

Don't think I'll be allowed to buy any more of his fantastic stuff
  • Options
    I really want one of these great packs. Why is the BIN option not showing on listing?
  • Options
    WinkWink Posts: 103 ✭✭
    Here's the e-mail I received after calling them on the scammy packs....

i know thanks for the update. your all crazy and now you have been reported to ebays trust and safety for harrassment. and to my husband who happens to be a richmond virginia police detective..........have a nice day yourself. next email starts an investigation by my husband. you parnoid people wont harrass me.

- everything4sale08

Enjoy!
  • Options

<< <i>Here's the e-mail I received after calling them on the scammy packs....

i know thanks for the update. your all crazy and now you have been reported to ebays trust and safety for harrassment. and to my husband who happens to be a richmond virginia police detective..........have a nice day yourself. next email starts an investigation by my husband. you parnoid people wont harrass me.

- everything4sale08

Enjoy! >>

LOL now he thinks he's a chick
  • Options
    Here's my latest message:

"the packs were bought from a local dealer who died....ESTATE SALE. why would we open them when we only bought them to sell for a pRofit. and who would buy them if they were open duh. but you beleived your paranoid friends so now your going to lose your ebay account BECAUSE OF YOUR FRAUDULANT ACTIVITY. stop emailing me this is harrassment anymore emails and we will file harrassment charges against you that is your warning. My husband is a richmond virginia police detective. you people think your so smart keep emailing me with harrassment, and find out when the charges come i already have your name and address. WILL NOT TOLERATE HARRASSMENT PERIOD"

and my response:

"LOL so now you're a chick? Too funny"
  • Options
    Someone is confused. Maybe we should send him a message with a link to this thread.
  • Options
    Richmond Police Detective.......image

Tell him/her that you belong to a secret agency Known as The Men In Black......image
    A collector of all things Braves
    Always looking for Chipper Jones cards.
    Im a very focused collector of cards from 1909 - 2012...LOL
  • Options

<< <i>Tell him/her that you belong to a secret agency Known as The Men In Black...... >>

• Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    I would love to have a name of this person, as my company supplies Richmond PD police officers with their standard issue flahslights and I have an excellent relationship with the Police Chief. If any of you guys communicating with this person can coherse them into giving you the name of the supposed officer/husband, I will call the Chief of Police at Richmond PD and verify and/or enlighten him on his officer being a crook!
  • Options
    Can't I get that info since I've bought something from the seller?