Home Precious Metals
Options

How long will the premium for physical bullion last?

MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
How long will the premium for physical bullion last?

I figure it can't last more than a few months, and I'd take the under at 30 days.
Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

Comments

• Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Until I put some up for sale image
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it will last for a while! There is little to be had at these prices.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    dimplesdimples Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭
    As the public realizes we are not headed for a depression they will stop buying. I suspect in about January.
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How long will the premium for physical bullion last?

I figure it can't last more than a few months, and I'd take the under at 30 days. >>

the premiums are slowly dropping on ebay. ten ounces used to
    easily fetch 180. Now 160-170 is the norm and sometimes even
    lower if you seem like an untrust worthy seller or have really generic
    offerings like art bars or odd rounds.
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Oh the 700 B will be gone early next year, that was just the first installment. The game is far from over just wait and see.
  • Options
    While I agree that premiums have dropped some, I don't think its as much as you think it is. When it was bringing 20 an ounce, spot was still 12-13 bucks. Here is the October chart (I hope)

So trading for 16-17 now is actually pretty close to the same premium.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options

<< <i>Oh the 700 B will be gone early next year, that was just the first installment. The game is far from over just wait and see. >>

I though it was 850 Bil?

Regardless, I agree with you.

Premiums are going to be with us for quite a while yet.

I doubt it will ever return to how it used to be.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    The 100 ounce engelhard bars seem to have fallen somewhat in price. There are a number on Ebay in the $1350 to $1500 range using buy-it-now.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Premiums will last until the Comex defaults, then we'll be on pure physical pricing.

Once the people realize that a depression is not coming and inflation is firing up, they'll buy even more metals.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold