Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Dual purpose thread. First: Thanks to Kevin! Second: Giveaway. Mccardguy Pm me your info. Thank

First let me thank Kevin (Joestalin) for completing my son's set of 08 A&G with the SP's and a few extra Arod cards for my boy. I need to thank Rube also for the base set he sent a couple of weeks ago!

I wanted to give the item below to Kevin for his kid but he wanted me to do a giveaway on here.

now, to come up with some lame rules for the giveaway.

The item. 2008 Heritage base set plus the green and black backs (No SP's). I may have a couple of SP's and partial sets of those silly little subsets I will stuff in the box though.

The rules.

Reply to this thread with a pic of your kid. This set is going to go to someone's kid.

I'm going to let me 2 young daughters, ages 6 and 7, pick the winner so something that would attract their attention or make them laugh might do the trick. I dunno.

We'll let this run til sometime Saturday. I'll post and PM the winner and will mail the set out next Wednesday when I get off of work at 2pm.

I'll start the thread out with a pic of each of ours. (they're not eligible LOL)

Comments

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any kids, but here's a pic of my Nephew and I. My other Nephew is running behind the chair. The older one collects cards, and the little one will eventually I'm sure. Cool contest!

• Nice gesture on not only your part but Kevins too.

First pic is my son at his first Texas Rangers game about 3 years ago

Second pic is son in his 2008 All Star homerun pose

• sfmays24sfmays24 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭
    Here's a photo of all three of my children (don't need one of me) ...my baby girl doesn't collect yet (my Boys and I collect raw Topps sets like I did when I was a kid).

thank you for your considerations,

Mike, Mike Jr, Mateo & Evangeline
  • My boys are my Icon.

Thanks for the give away.
  • Cool idea for a give away.
  • jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    my 8 year old "tom boy" playing guitar hero at a Halloween party (dressed as a runway diva). Nice Michael Jordon tonuge LOL

imageimage

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the nice thread and what a beautiful family you have there!

I have 2 babies. The oldest is Wyatt Matthew and he is 40 months old and our newest is Savannah Michele and she is almost 2 months old. image

And this pic is when we baptized our Savannah a few weeks ago.

• Halloween Picture

• goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭
    Hers's a couple of my 8yr. old

Great idea for a contest.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    mines 35image
  • NugenNugen Posts: 107 ✭✭
  • Thanks for the contest. Here is my daughter at the end of her 3rd grade year. She won 7 trophies, 8 certificates, 1 medal and 1 ribbon.
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    My two year old...

I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    This is my whole family. I look forward to receiving the cards. My adopted son will love them

• BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    Great looking kids everyone.

I'd add my son but after my psycho sister pasted pics of my boy with his name (first and last) and general location on her MySpace page without my permission I shy away from adding pics of him on public sites.

Great contest and good luck to all.
  • cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    This is my 2 year old son, Drew (Andrew). My wife and I also have another child due in April but I don't have any pictures of that one yet. image
    imageimage

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • ledstersledsters Posts: 603 ✭✭
    My son and I at the Grand Canyon this year...Try to pretend I'm not in the picture.

• mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    Well not my Son but my Grandson. He was born August 3rd of this year making me a young grandfather at the age of 44. I was looking for a set to start for him that was this years set and this would be perfect . Thanks for the contest and even if I don't win it was great seeing everyone's kids!! Keeps things in perspective you know??

Also wanted to add that I have some extra Heitage cards from all 4 sports for the 1st 2 years Topps produced them. I would be happy to do something like this if someone would like to start these sets for one of their children or grandchildren. I can set them up with a nice starter set just let me know if there is any interest!

I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Im glad your boy got the set. I hope he continues to collect, I have so many fond memories of collecting. I had pulled a redemption for a Ryan Howard autograph
    card from 2008 Allen and Ginter, it was the rare topper auto numbered to just 15 (worth 350+). I sent away for it a long time ago and was hoping to get it before the season
    was over, the I was hoping to get it before the Phillies won the world series. My son had been following Ryan Howard and really liked the big guy. I was going to
    let him open the package when I got it.

Well, I get a knock at the door the afternoon of game 5 and low and behold its the card..man, I am sooo happy and can't wait for my son to get home to open it. He gets home
    and I tell him there is a special surprize waiting. He is really excited and so am I, Howard stuff is really hard to pull and I thought it was quite ironic that out of the
    maybe 30 boxes of A&G that I would open, Ryan Howard would be my best pull.

I hand the package to my son and rips into it, he looks at the card and says...who is this? I say, its Ryan Howard, you know the guy on tv....well I look at the card
    and its a bowman chrome autograph of someone I have never heard of....worth 22 bucks.

Becuase my son isn't that old, this didn't mean a whole lot to him, he liked the card anyways. I however, was about to drive to topps myself and hurt someone. I then
    remembered that this wasn't the first time I had been stiffed on a redemption, and if I continue to collect, probably won't be the last, but you know what, only
    one thing came to my mind later on...that the hobby that I will pass on to my boys will not be better than what I had, and that made me a bit sad.

I like to think that these good deeds go rewarded, sometimes, sometimes not, but I can say with a smile on my face that I helped make the hobby better.

Here's to Dads and their future collectors!

Kevin

• << <i>Halloween Picture

image >>

Nice, now you need a lion....better get busy...image
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.

• image >>

Very cool photo.

Enjoyed the other photographs as well everyone. Would comment on more but don't want to be a thread hog. Don't have kids myself but I am the one all the kids at the family reunion pile on and want to set next to. Can't wait for tomorrow....love the kid centered holidays.

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.

<< <i>image >>

Very cool photo.

Enjoyed the other photographs as well everyone. Would comment on more but don't want to be a thread hog. Don't have kids myself but I am the one all the kids at the family reunion pile on and want to set next to. Can't wait for tomorrow....love the kid centered holidays. >>

I agree. This photo should be made into a baseball card and included in Topps or Upper Deck packs to remind us all of why we collect these cards and love this game so much. They should do a subset called "youth of the game" or "why we love this game" and this would be card number 1!

• << <i>I agree. This photo should be made into a baseball card and included in Topps or Upper Deck packs to remind us all of why we collect these cards and love this game so much. >>

Thanks for the compliments guys. A few forum users actually did make this into a few baseball cards for me. Also apologize for hogging the thread but here are the fronts of a few. The backs all have his stats for the year.

• xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the contest!

• goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    post em if you got em!
  • OriolesOrioles Posts: 312 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the contest. My two oldest (10 and 9) like collecting cards with me. My youngest (7) doesn't understand why I would ever need more than 1 card.

Here are my 3 kids having fun at last year's Chargers vs. Colts game.

Here they are not having fun, waiting for the bus on the first day of school

Thanks again and good luck picking the winner. A lot of good choices!
    Jim
  • This thread is cute overload!
    Tonya
    last chance guys/gals!

the fam and I are heading out for the day. If I remember when we get home I'll have my girls choose a winner.

Thanks for the participation and thanks again to Randy and Kevin for their generosity. It was very much appreciated.

we got this card back today already. Cool card even though he whipped my Buckeyes.

• << <i>last chance guys/gals!

the fam and I are heading out for the day. If I remember when we get home I'll have my girls choose a winner.

Thanks for the participation and thanks again to Randy and Kevin for their generosity. It was very much appreciated.

we got this card back today already. Cool card even though he whipped my Buckeyes.

image >>

Check my site for A&G auto's I've gotten about 15 or 20 back this year. Good Luck

http://www.leathtech.com/ttmweb/
  • Here's me and the boys a little while back at a Boy Scout dinner.

Just glad to be here with everyone.

<< <i>Well not my Son but my Grandson. He was born August 3rd of this year making me a young grandfather at the age of 44. I was looking for a set to start for him that was this years set and this would be perfect . Thanks for the contest and even if I don't win it was great seeing everyone's kids!! Keeps things in perspective you know??

Also wanted to add that I have some extra Heitage cards from all 4 sports for the 1st 2 years Topps produced them. I would be happy to do something like this if someone would like to start these sets for one of their children or grandchildren. I can set them up with a nice starter set just let me know if there is any interest!

image >>

Daughter 1 chooses this one. It stood out to her.
    Daughter 2 is zonked out like a stone.

Thanks for replying everyone. PM sent to the winner.
  • rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    aw-lil dude is cuteimage
  • This contest was rigged. Not fair using baby pics. Can't compete with that.

<< <i>

<< <i>Well not my Son but my Grandson. He was born August 3rd of this year making me a young grandfather at the age of 44. I was looking for a set to start for him that was this years set and this would be perfect . Thanks for the contest and even if I don't win it was great seeing everyone's kids!! Keeps things in perspective you know??

image >>

Daughter 1 chooses this one. It stood out to her.
    Daughter 2 is zonked out like a stone.

Thanks for replying everyone. PM sent to the winner. >>

Wooohoooo

I woke up this morning to see that my Grandson was selected! Thanks for he contest and a pm will be on its way shortly. These cards will be his when he gets old enough to appreciate them.

In my original post I mentioned that I can put a starter set or 2 together of the 1st year of Topps Heritage baseball for anyone that will give it to their child. Like I said it would be a starter set with about 200+ cards and would be a great set to work on with your kid. Just pm me your address and I will get it in the mail. If your child prefers football I can also do the same thing with Football.

Thanks again for the contest. Thats what makes this board so great!!

<< <i>This contest was rigged. Not fair using baby pics. Can't compete with that. >>

I honestly thought the Wizard of Oz kids would be chosen. If it would have been up to me I would have chosen them.