Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Couldn't believe it, still in circulation

About once a month or two, my wife empties around 10 to 15 pounds of change from her purse, (that thing is a lethal weapon).

This time she finds a dime she doesn't remember seeing before. A 1944 Merc. in really good condition. Of course before she tells me she just emptied her purse, I get excited and start asking her to remember what stores she was at today. Bummer, it may have been two months ago.

I wonder who the kid is that raided dads collection for candy. Lock em up guys. The collection not the kid, but then there are those times........
Remember, I'm pullen for ya; we're all in this together.---Red Green---

Comments

• Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    I found a very worn silver jefferson yesterday.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    very cool! Surprised it hasn't been snatched up so far!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    PCcoinsPCcoins Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭
    Best I've found was a 1963 Washington quarter and a 1901 Indian head cent. But at the bank I received a 1929-s Walking Liberty Half! But the tellers at the bank know I collect so they saved it for me!
    "It is what it is."
  • Options
    My hubby was wrapping the change he had on his dresser this weekend and found a very nice 1964 quarter. I guess they're still out there.

Have bought and sold on BST, many references available when asked.
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice score for your wife!

I picked up a half roll of silver washies out of the drawer of the Circle K in Paso Robles, CA last year. Nothing lately though.
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My hubby was wrapping the change he had on his dresser this weekend and found a very nice 1964 quarter. I guess they're still out there. >>

..........not to one-up you, marlene, but i found a standing liberty quarter in change! it had no date but it was a surprise find!image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    Nice find! I picked up a silver Roosie in circulation last month, but that and a couple Wheaties are it for 2008.

Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,483 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice find but I would not be so quick to lay the blame on a child raiding his parents sets.

There have been many stories on these forums of folks or all ages turning in full rolls of silver coinage at face. This even include Morgan's.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    zeebobzeebob Posts: 2,825
    I got an indian head cent (G-6 or VG-10 or something) about a year ago in change at Raileys and just last week a really worn wheat cent.

I seldom find interesting coins in pocket change, I was excited for two weeks when I found the IHC.
  • Options
    direwolf1972direwolf1972 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭
    I couldnt pry it away from him but a friend of mine found a 44 Lincoln the other day that I think would grade mid to high MS and was very full RD.
    I'll see your bunny with a pancake on his head and raise you a Siamese cat with a miniature pumpkin on his head.

You wouldn't believe how long it took to get him to sit still for this.

• Options
    holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭
    I have pulled 5 silver dimes from the coinstar machine this week. It has been hotter than any slot machine I have ever played. LOL

• Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a 1911 Liberty nickel in a roll of nickels about 2 weeks ago.

Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite circ find...

imageimage

The last 2-3 years...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    Halfhunter06Halfhunter06 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    Guys, as people who know me can tell you, i can put that all to shame.

example: i found a Half Eagle this past november 1881 Au
  • Options
    I occasionally will buy a roll of dateless Buffs and spend them
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    I play a lot of cards and have found a bunch of silver over he last few years including a 1926 Standing Lib quarter.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    The last time I "silvered" was about a year ago, and before that, it had been 3 or 4 years.
    It's a rare event indeed .

Lewis

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i found a Half Eagle this past november 1881 Au

Was it in a roll of nickels? image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    RMLTM79RMLTM79 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    I just started this new job at a convenient store on the 22nd of this month (October) and thus far I have found 13 wheaties, a 1944 silver Jefferson nickel and a 1940 Washington quarter. My boss had this 1935 Buffalo nickel sitting on the counter and he said "you can have it", so I don't know if that really counts. Also found 3 Kennedy halves, 71 and up, but those don't count either. I'm dreamin of findin an old U.S. gold piece.
  • Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭✭
    Found a wheat cent on the floor of the Post Office this week. I wasn't going to bother to pick it up, until I noticed it was a wheat cent. I haven't found a silver coin in circulation for about 25 years.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file