Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

gotta love the Philly fans...kind of

Ever meet someone who only seems to come to life when they are complaining?

I mean...everyone has the right to boo or whatever. Boo all you want. But if you're booing the front office of your championship franchise 20 minutes after you won a world series, you have got to be a douchebag of the highest order.

Harry Kalas being happy is very heartwarming, though.

Comments

• Options
    Really a shame that the Phillies have some really classy players but a large portion of their fans are a**holes.
  • Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    Excellent team. Fun playoffs to watch this year.

Shouldn't there be a flood of Brad Lidge card sales this week?
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    howard tackled those 2 guys,i bet they felt like they got hit by a football playerimage
    dude is a monster
  • Options
    Ooops, did I click on the wrong forum???

I usually go strait to Cards and Memorabilia page, sorry, my bad.
  • Options

<< <i>Ooops, did I click on the wrong forum???

I usually go strait to Cards and Memorabilia page, sorry, my bad. >>

And that comment is a fine example of douchebaggery in its own right! You've definitely got the hang of it. Thanks for participating, wormy. image
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    i did not poke enough pinholes in the John Vukovich voodoo doll, oh well next year. image
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>gotta love the Philly fans...kind of >>

I hate Philadelphia fans period! They stink!!!

• Options

<< <i> And that comment is a fine example of douchebaggery in its own right! You've definitely got the hang of it. Thanks for participating, wormy. image >>

I am the Douchebag MASTER!... recognize. image
  • Options

<< <i>I am the Douchebag MASTER!... recognize. >>

I bow before thee. I will forever refer to you as DBM.
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>I bow before thee. I will forever refer to you as DBM. >>

No one masters the douchebag like me.image

• Options
    imageDBM WORMY.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i did not poke enough pinholes in the John Vukovich voodoo doll, oh well next year. image >>

I know you're poking fun (no pun intended) but using John Vuckovich's name is probably a bit distasteful to say the least. John was a long time member of the Phillies organization (actually earned a ring with them as a player in '80) and had a gutsy, lengthy battle with brain cancer which eventually claimed his life in the spring of '07...I can guarantee that there are a lot of people in Philadelphia tonight thinking of John Vuckovich and wishing he was part of this...
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    The only google thing I can say about Philly, you make an alright cheesesteak.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>gotta love the Philly fans...kind of >>

I hate Philadelphia fans period! They stink!!!

image >>

Thanks Matt - That's the nicest thing you've ever said about me.
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>i did not poke enough pinholes in the John Vukovich voodoo doll, oh well next year. image >>

I know you're poking fun (no pun intended) but using John Vuckovich's name is probably a bit distasteful to say the least. John was a long time member of the Phillies organization (actually earned a ring with them as a player in '80) and had a gutsy, lengthy battle with brain cancer which eventually claimed his life in the spring of '07...I can guarantee that there are a lot of people in Philadelphia tonight thinking of John Vuckovich and wishing he was part of this... >>

I knew John and I agree with you. The man as a class act and it bothers me to see his name used like that.
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I know you're poking fun (no pun intended) but using John Vuckovich's name is probably a bit distasteful to say the least. John was a long time member of the Phillies organization (actually earned a ring with them as a player in '80) and had a gutsy, lengthy battle with brain cancer which eventually claimed his life in the spring of '07...I can guarantee that there are a lot of people in Philadelphia tonight thinking of John Vuckovich and wishing he was part of this... >>

I knew John and I agree with you. The man as a class act and it bothers me to see his name used like that. >>

ok, Tug McGraw........image

take it in stride guys, no harm intended......as a Cubs fan, my jealousy extends far beyond the city limits of Philly image
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I knew John and I agree with you. The man as a class act and it bothers me to see his name used like that. >>

ok, Tug McGraw........image

take it in stride guys, no harm intended......as a Cubs fan, my jealousy extends far beyond the city limits of Philly image >>

Way to redeem yourself!
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

<< <i>Ever meet someone who only seems to come to life when they are complaining?

I mean...everyone has the right to boo or whatever. Boo all you want. But if you're booing the front office of your championship franchise 20 minutes after you won a world series, you have got to be a douchebag of the highest order.

Harry Kalas being happy is very heartwarming, though. >>

Yea, and I remember all the "cheers" that Steinbrenner used to get when the Yankees won their World Series. I don't think I can ever recall a sports championship celebration when the "front office' didn't receive at least some cat calls from the crowd if not outright booing...so the bottom line is you have a selective memory if you believe this is only a Philadelphia phenomenon.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Bud Selig = Booing

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Philly sucks.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Jeez, how many freakin teeth does that Santa have?
  • Options
    chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    Born in Philly and lived there a couple of years. Graduated from Drexel U which is in Philly but it does not change the way I feel. The Phillies are a brutal team most of the time and they have found more ways to lose.... it is so ridiculous. The Beagles (Eagles) , Cryers (Flyers), and Sixers (absolutely hated Iverson) are all brutal teams. It is really pathetic that this is the country's 4th largest market and this is the first championship in a major sport in 25 years.... really PATHETIC. It really goes back to the ownership of these teams. The Phillies owners are cheap and have cost this city many potential
    championships over the years and we can't forget the Beagles and owner Jeffrey Lurie and VP Joe Banner (both from Boston) who really only care about the bottom line. Norman Braman who owned the Beagles before Lurie said " I won't lose any sleep if we don't win a Super bowl". If the owners don't care then why should I care? So that stopped me from being an Eagles fan until we get decent ownership. It is a no brainer why the Philly fans can be real nasty and yes they are as bad as everyone thinks. chaz
  • Options

<< <i>Philly sucks.

Steve >>

All the way to the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options

<< <i>Bud Selig = Booing >>

Exactly. Montgomery was not the one being booed, it was Selig who was villified for close to two days for his bonehead call and comments regarding the rain delay. Some people on this board need to get up to speed with the happenings in sports and not jump to unfounded conclusions.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Bud Selig = Booing >>

Exactly. Montgomery was not the one being booed, it was Selig who was villified for close to two days for his bonehead call and comments regarding the rain delay. Some people on this board need to get up to speed with the happenings in sports and not jump to unfounded conclusions. >>

You are 100% right. When they handed the mic to Pat Gillick, he didn't get booed. He just didn't get cheered much. 100% my mistake. Seriously. image

I guess I'll have to try really hard to search for other reasons to call (some) Philly fans douchebags. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Ever meet someone who only seems to come to life when they are complaining?

Yea, and I remember all the "cheers" that Steinbrenner used to get when the Yankees won their World Series. I don't think I can ever recall a sports championship celebration when the "front office' didn't receive at least some cat calls from the crowd if not outright booing...so the bottom line is you have a selective memory if you believe this is only a Philadelphia phenomenon. >>

Perhaps your vision was blurry and you thought I wrote, "Philly fans are the only fans who have ever booed their front office"?
    As a matter of fact, that wasn't the point I expressed or the point that was implied. You made it up and then argued against it. Not quite master level douchebaggery, but a solid attempt. Nice try.
  • Options
    Philly still sucks.

With that said congrats to all the Philly fans!

I had no idea what this thread was about.

All I know is that Philly sucks.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i> Not quite master level douchebaggery, but a solid attempt. Nice try. >>

Ya, your douchebaggery could use work. If you like I could give you clinic.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Yea, and I remember all the "cheers" that Steinbrenner used to get when the Yankees won their World Series. I don't think I can ever recall a sports championship celebration when the "front office' didn't receive at least some cat calls from the crowd if not outright booing...so the bottom line is you have a selective memory if you believe this is only a Philadelphia phenomenon. >>

Perhaps your vision was blurry and you thought I wrote, "Philly fans are the only fans who have ever booed their front office"?
    As a matter of fact, that wasn't the point I expressed or the point that was implied. You made it up and then argued against it. Not quite master level douchebaggery, but a solid attempt. Nice try. >>

You'd make a good used car salesman. image
  • Options
    <<< gotta love the Philly fans...kind of >>>

I guess you forgot about the title to your own thread.

Got any 1989 Chevys with "only" 10,000 miles on it, and that body rust is actually special sidestriping from that year, right? image
  • Options
    ill take itimage
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>AND I STILL HATE THEM!

image >>

Okay then, that PSA 9 '52 Mantle I was gonna send you as a gift for Christmas...Well not now.
  • Options
    They still suck.

the whole friggen lot of em.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>

image >>

Okay then, that PSA 9 '52 Mantle I was gonna send you as a gift for Christmas...Well not now. >>

I'm Santa son! I'll get one of my elves to make me one.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

Okay then, that PSA 9 '52 Mantle I was gonna send you as a gift for Christmas...Well not now. >>

I'm Santa son! I'll get one of my elves to make me one. >>

It's easy - a piece of cardboard, an inkjet printer, and some Saran wrap.
  • Options

<< <i> >>

I'm Santa son! I'll get one of my elves to make me one. >>

It's easy - a piece of cardboard, an inkjet printer, and some Saran wrap. >>

Sometimes a little douche can help. Just splash a little on for a nice semi-gloss.