Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A Quiz and a Giveaway......... WINNER(s) ANNOUNCED

Hello forum members. I am back from my East Coast trip and thought that I would make my next post a giveaway. My first post to this forum was entitled "Rare Coins and Politics." In that article, I discuss how politics have influenced our nation's coinage throughout the years. I am going to ask a question about that article and the first 10 forum members who pm or email the correct answer to fastcoin@gmail.com will be placed into a drawing that will occur this Friday afternoon. The winner will receive a PCGS-certified coin delivered free of charge.

I will be posting more articles in the coming weeks and will follow-up with similar giveaways.

Now, here's the question: What is the name of the individual who used political ties in Washington to influence the use of nickel in our circulating coinage? To find the article, you will have to search for the article (see first paragraph). Good luck! Joel Rettew, Sr.

Comments

  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭
    image
  • Options
    UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I KNOW!! I KNOW!!!
    pm sent
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • Options
    baddogssbaddogss Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM sent. Thanks!
    Thank you PCGS for the Forums! ANA # 3150931 - Successful BST with: Bah1513, ckeusa, coin22lover, coinsarefun, DCW, guitarwes, SLQ, Sunshine Rare Coin, tmot99, Tdec1000, dmarks, Flatwoods, Wondercoin, Yorkshireman
    Sugar magnolia blossoms blooming, heads all empty and I don't care ...
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    can someone pm me with the answer? image
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

    Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    PM sent.
  • Options
    What ever happened to the drawing and the giveaway??
    MSgt USAF Jan-06 - Present
  • Options
    SPAM!!!


    did i win??? image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭
    PM sent...kewl giveaway. image
    "Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES
  • Options

    ANNOUNCING THE WINNER(s)!

    We had many replies and all were correct. Since the response was so great, we decided to give away two PCGS certified coins to two forum members. The first ten respondent's names were added to a hat and drawn. And the winners are (drum roll.......................................)

    ProofArtworkonCircs

    and....

    RGT

    I will pm you for your addresses. Thanks to all who played. Joel Rettew, Sr.
  • Options
    RGTRGT Posts: 508 ✭✭
    The prize coin arrived today along with the token. Thanks Joel.
  • Options
    Thank you, my prize coin also arrived today.
  • Options
    I love this deal
    when will you run it again. FRED

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file